Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-27-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
4) Ban the word academy for any club that does not have DA status.
It's a marketing term that clubs take advantage of, same with "elite" and many others. Parents are too foolish to do their homework and buy into it. Much of what is wrong with youth soccer is na´ve parents, many of whom never played the game and can't tell good coaching from bad. They use win/loss records as a proxy for good coaching and think it's more important to have their kid on a "top team", even if they sit all the time, rather than be a team where their player is learning and playing a ton. Clubs take advantage of all it, but their businesses so I can't necessarily blame them. You need to ask questions, do some research, seek out opinions of people who know what they're talking about.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-17-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

bump
bump
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-18-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ban DA status.
Agreed. DA is the biggest joke in youth sports.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-19-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2366211]Ban DA status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Agreed. DA is the biggest joke in youth sports.
Wow, you had to go back MONTHS to find that.....Go AWAY TROLL!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-19-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

To many LI trainers with scumbag reputations with bad drinking and gambling habits. Inappropriate contact and interaction with minors/students that get covered up. Organizations offering things that they know kid has no chance of attaining (Play Pro in Spain, get D1 scholarship etc) so they can make more $$$. Parents way to impatient to go through process. Kids leaving game in record numbers that pretty much is the culture we have created.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-19-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To many LI trainers with scumbag reputations with bad drinking and gambling habits. Inappropriate contact and interaction with minors/students that get covered up. Organizations offering things that they know kid has no chance of attaining (Play Pro in Spain, get D1 scholarship etc) so they can make more $$$. Parents way to impatient to go through process. Kids leaving game in record numbers that pretty much is the culture we have created.
Sounds good....
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-19-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To many LI trainers with scumbag reputations with bad drinking and gambling habits. Inappropriate contact and interaction with minors/students that get covered up. Organizations offering things that they know kid has no chance of attaining (Play Pro in Spain, get D1 scholarship etc) so they can make more $$$. Parents way to impatient to go through process. Kids leaving game in record numbers that pretty much is the culture we have created.
The shift for LI soccer has changed for the worse ! Parents are chasing the next best thing, no loyalty, and it's way to expensive to even play the game and pay your bills at the same time. Hopefully it corrects itself one day but i doubt it.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-19-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The shift for LI soccer has changed for the worse ! Parents are chasing the next best thing, no loyalty, and it's way to expensive to even play the game and pay your bills at the same time. Hopefully it corrects itself one day but i doubt it.
There is certainly a youth sports bubble and it will come to burst at some point. If any real economic downturn is on the horizon you can guarantee that $3,000 tuition costs for soccer will be the first thing in family budgets to get chopped. That would flood town supported travel soccer programs with players. Local league play would drastically improve while travel and club costs would reduce for families. The losers would be club employees and coaches having fewer job opportunities, tournament travel agencies, etc. Everything wrong in NY (and everywhere for that matter) can be traced directly to the club system.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-19-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Long Island Youth Soccer Culture vs. anywhere else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sounds good....

You had until you bashed drinking and gambling....you are nothing but a fag wanna be soccer player trying to live through your own weak pathetic kid because you sucked as a kid...and you suck now.

God Bless Johnie Walker, Jose Quervo and Jack Daniels!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-19-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Long Island Youth Soccer Culture vs. anywhere else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You had until you bashed drinking and gambling....you are nothing but a fag wanna be soccer player trying to live through your own weak pathetic kid because you sucked as a kid...and you suck now.

God Bless Johnie Walker, Jose Quervo and Jack Daniels!!!!!!!!
and Pete Rose!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.