Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 10-16-2018
Unregistered

Default Center of Excellence Training

Hey all, I have a 11 year old who got an email about winter center of excellence training with Alan O'Keefe.... Another parent on our team said it is exceptional training, but the team trainer was luke warm about doing it saying it was overly expensive for what you are doing. I am looking for some supplemental training for over the winter. My kid really seems to be getting into it and wanting to do more... Anyone else here have experience with this program?
Old 10-16-2018
Unregistered

there is a lot of threads and opinions on this but yes (a) it is expensive over winter b/c it's 12 weeks and indoor rental, (b) it's excellent b/c it's tryout based, and (c) the trainers, including o'keefe are high energy and run them 90 minutes virtually nonstop.
Old 10-16-2018
Unregistered

Mine did it and it was great, especially during the winter when clubs don't practice much. Motivated kids, very good trainers.
Old 10-17-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
there is a lot of threads and opinions on this but yes (a) it is expensive over winter b/c it's 12 weeks and indoor rental, (b) it's excellent b/c it's tryout based, and (c) the trainers, including o'keefe are high energy and run them 90 minutes virtually nonstop.
Ditto- Winter is the most expensive session due to the indoor rental.
Old 10-17-2018
Unregistered

I am pretty loyal to Rough Riders Training...Great training, great Organization. Competive price...supplemental training was 1x week for winter season and they did tournaments...The Trainors are all from England (most played professionally over there) so my kids say they talked funny.
Old 10-17-2018
Unregistered

One advantage of COE is they have locations all over the tri-state area.
Old 10-17-2018
Unregistered

where does rough riders practice during the winter?
Old 10-17-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
where does rough riders practice during the winter?

I think all over LI depending on the team in the winter...I think most of the training is at global sports which I think they own across from the vets colusium. We were also training in Melville.
Old 10-17-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Hey all, I have a 11 year old who got an email about winter center of excellence training with Alan O'Keefe.... Another parent on our team said it is exceptional training, but the team trainer was luke warm about doing it saying it was overly expensive for what you are doing. I am looking for some supplemental training for over the winter. My kid really seems to be getting into it and wanting to do more... Anyone else here have experience with this program?
Alan is an excellent trainer. My son has done coe training for 3 years, its expensive but worth it. Training with a small high level group of players he dies not know will be good for his development.

Btw Your team trainer sees COE as competition to his own wallet.
Old 10-17-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Alan is an excellent trainer. My son has done coe training for 3 years, its expensive but worth it. Training with a small high level group of players he dies not know will be good for his development.

Btw Your team trainer sees COE as competition to his own wallet.
*does