Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region A ODP

Anyone that tried out for youngest age group last year, was it worth it?
    Region A tryouts for 2007 girls this weekend.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone that tried out for youngest age group last year, was it worth it?
    Region A tryouts for 2007 girls this weekend.
    Maybe the first year for the experience. But then it gets VERY political , especially with Mike Strickland at the helm! If your kid is lucky enough to have one of the coaches or DOC from her club attend,, it may be worth it! As they get older , ODP coaches are very selective with regards to there location and Club! So , save your money and get her some local training

Comment

Tough Question

I think it's worth going to the tryout and finding out for yourself. You may love it, you may hate it. But form your own opinion.

Comment

Maybe the first year for the experience. But then it gets VERY political , especially with Mike Strickland at the helm! If your kid is lucky enough to have one of the coaches or DOC from her club attend,, it may be worth it! As they get older , ODP coaches are very selective with regards to there location and Club! So , save your money and get her some local training
        You are so clueless. You don't even know how to spell the guy's name! Asswipe!

Comment

You are so clueless. You don't even know how to spell the guy's name! Asswipe!
          You're wrong, clueless Asswipe. It's spelled Mike.

Comment

You're wrong, clueless Asswipe. It's spelled Mike.
            Try and follow along retard. You have the last name spelled wrong! No wonder your kid isn't good enough to make ODP. Can't comprehend crap, just like mom and dad!

Comment

Try and follow along retard. You have the last name spelled wrong! No wonder your kid isn't good enough to make ODP. Can't comprehend crap, just like mom and dad!
              Guess you couldn't see the sarcasm font, retard? The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Now please go back to the counter and get my breakfast.

Comment

Guess you couldn't see the sarcasm font, retard? The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Now please go back to the counter and get my breakfast.
                Good one! Wifey not capable of boiling an egg, so you have to go out to eat?

Comment

Good one! Wifey not capable of boiling an egg, so you have to go out to eat?
                  No worries. Your wife makes an excellent lunch? I'll tell her you said hello.

Comment

No worries. Your wife makes an excellent lunch? I'll tell her you said hello.
                    His wife can't stand him.
                    Actually nobody can stand him.

Comment

What did everyone think of today’s trial?

Comment

looks like anyone from a premier team made the first round of ODP so it does not seem like they are overly selective. I witnessed girls making it that can barely play a full game and have no skill so you be the judge.

Comment

looks like anyone from a premier team made the first round of ODP so it does not seem like they are overly selective. I witnessed girls making it that can barely play a full game and have no skill so you be the judge.
                          I went into this with an open mind but I left thinking “what the hell where they looking for.” Look, the absolute best player on the field got picked but the next group picked seemed to be based on politics or was decided before the tryouts even began. I witnessed some players who clearly played bad or made no impact the entire weekend get picked while some who were ballers got left out. I did come in with an open mind but left with a bad taste in my mouth. I left thinking this wasn’t really an open tryout but more of a tryout for those preselected due to politics or existing relationships.

Comment

I went into this with an open mind but I left thinking “what the hell where they looking for.” Look, the absolute best player on the field got picked but the next group picked seemed to be based on politics or was decided before the tryouts even began. I witnessed some players who clearly played bad or made no impact the entire weekend get picked while some who were ballers got left out. I did come in with an open mind but left with a bad taste in my mouth. I left thinking this wasn’t really an open tryout but more of a tryout for those preselected due to politics or existing relationships.
                            And welcome to ODP. It only gets worse as the players get older.

Comment

They did seem to take a lot and it didn’t seem very selective at all.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X