Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 OCYS Girls ( now ECNL was DA )

Girls 2004 OCYS ECNL faces Concorde and GSA this weekend in the ECNL opener... since this team is practically the entire 2004 Orlando Pride DA team that collapsed.. should be a great apples to apples comparison the two leagues.. interested to watch how these games play out !! Concorde beat GSA last week 4/3.. should be two high quality teams...

NO it’s not - the NT girl left and 3 of the better girls went to gda
    In girls soccer if you lose 2-3 of the better players your “team” is done

Comment

ECNL is trash...all the best players are playing DA

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        NO it’s not - the NT girl left and 3 of the better girls went to gda
        In girls soccer if you lose 2-3 of the better players your “team” is done
        Actually I heard the “team” that should be done played and beat the team with that NT player ( which rumor was there was actually 2 NT players on that team ) .. Shutting down their old teammate to zero goals ... and they actually didn’t lose 2-3 girls on the 2004 team to gda... the only ones they lost were younger players now playing age appropriaye.. so if 1 player makes a team .. sure.. you’re right .. dont believe that to be the case ... so as I said .. it will be interesting to see ...

Comment

So this entire team who was ranked as high as #12 last year in the nation playing DA and are playing ECNL this year are trash ... interesting… You seem as stupid as your comment !!

Comment

Good luck.

I think the OC team will do well. It’s a strong group.

They beat us last year at Weston, but honestly, the forward and keeper carried you guys against us in the wins and now they are both gone.

We played you guys a couple weeks ago as most of that same Weston team is now at Prime. You’re still strong, and control the ball well, but not the same as last year. We won.

As far as beating the older team...we played them the day before and they’re better. Sorry.

You played them as their 4th game in 28 hours and their secong game of back to back games that day. You hadn’t played at all yet that day, while they were all gassed. So...get real and don’t beat your chest about a preseason tournamnet win against an exhausted side.

Good luck, hope you do well against the Georgia teams. See you soon.

Comment

youth soccer is great. parents go on TS and talk trash about games that they don't even play, it's their kids. honestly, let the kids play the games, and maybe parents should relax, this isn't some professional or FIFA backed match. it's a bunch of kids, who don't get paid to play, let them enjoy it. who cares if DA, ECNL, whatever is better. i would get it if these were two fortune 500 companies and you had stock in one or the other and you were trying to boost popularity, but thats not the case, so WHATEVER

Comment

If only that were true. Maybe this country would have a shot at actually developing a quality national team (men's side) and not getting "caught up to" by other nations. We focus too much on fast, strong, and athletic. That is but one dimension to creating a formidable team.

Comment

Good luck.

They beat us last year at Weston, but honestly, the forward and keeper carried you guys against us in the wins and now they are both gone.

We played you guys a couple weeks ago as most of that same Weston team is now at Prime. You’re still strong, and control the ball well, but not the same as last year. We won.

As far as beating the older team...we played them the day before and they’re better. Sorry.

You played them as their 4th game in 28 hours and their secong game of back to back games that day. You hadn’t played at all yet that day, while they were all gassed. So...get real and don’t beat your chest about a preseason tournamnet win against an exhausted side.

I don’t think there’s tooting of any horns ... just a response to the comment of losing the NT player meant the team was “done”... too early to say whether the team is going to be any good or not ...but the post wasn’t about the team ...other than the fact that this team for the most part Competed in the DA league and now they’re competing in the ECNL league... so it will be interesting to see how the results vary.... always believed the top part of ECNL could beat the bottom part of DA so I don’t think one league is better than the other .. Will just be interesting to watch a team mostly intact compete in both leagues.

Comment

I don’t think there’s tooting of any horns ... just a response to the comment of losing the NT player meant the team was “done”... too early to say whether the team is going to be any good or not ...but the post wasn’t about the team ...other than the fact that this team for the most part Competed in the DA league and now they’re competing in the ECNL league... so it will be interesting to see how the results vary.... always believed the top part of ECNL could beat the bottom part of DA so I don’t think one league is better than the other .. Will just be interesting to watch a team mostly intact compete in both leagues.
                    Again - the statement “mostly intact” is not accurate, so no one will ever know , just enjoy the time , it goes by real fast

Comment

Concorde Fire is not the same team as last year either. They lost their best players to UFA and Tophat DA

Comment

Good luck.

In one of those losses you took last year, the striker that left for prime played with the 03s. You lost to the Pride with and without the National team player. Your win in a pre season game means about as much as the win they had against your 03s. Regular season games will be the barometer. The group lost one player and gained some very good girls that allowed the 05s to play with their age. OC 05 and 04 girls should be very good this year.

Comment

In one of those losses you took last year, the striker that left for prime played with the 03s. You lost to the Pride with and without the National team player. Your win in a pre season game means about as much as the win they had against your 03s. Regular season games will be the barometer. The group lost one player and gained some very good girls that allowed the 05s to play with their age. OC 05 and 04 girls should be very good this year.
                          I remember the games. The game the forward wasn’t there was 1-0, with your keeper stopping a barrage of our shots in the second half and you held on for the win. Good game. Keeper is gone, no? Who is she playing with? she is excellent I thought.

The other two games the forward had like 8 goals or something stupid. So...again hard for me to assess how you will replace that kind of play.

Regardless, I think the OC team should be good and represent Fl well.

Different year. Different coaches. Different teams. Good luck.

Comment

I remember the games. The game the forward wasn’t there was 1-0, with your keeper stopping a barrage of our shots in the second half and you held on for the win. Good game. Keeper is gone, no? Who is she playing with? she is excellent I thought.

The other two games the forward had like 8 goals or something stupid. So...again hard for me to assess how you will replace that kind of play.

Keeper is back now. Plus another great keeper joined as well.

Comment

‘Our’ shots? Are you on the team?!?!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X