D3 Women’s Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few of the A-holes on this site are convinced their kid is so much better than everyone else. The college they attend is the best of the best. Every college but the one they attend and everyone else sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      A few of the A-holes on this site are convinced their kid is so much better than everyone else. The college they attend is the best of the best. Every college but the one they attend and everyone else sucks.
      Well there are some weak schools out there but not everyone is MIT material either. If a school is a perfect fit for a kid that all that matters. What people find puzzling is if academic compromises are being made for the sake of sports, especially for D1 bragging rights.

Comment

Better question is who cares besides obviously you? Thought kids go D3 for education, not soccer, why don’t you spend your worrying about your kid’s gpa and leave the soccer talk be about kids playing it at a serious level.
        GPA means nothing i have never been asked what my gpa was in college never just that i graduated

Comment

So riding the pine at Tufts with you paying the full freight is some huge win? Get a clue, no one other than the 20-30 parents in attendance care one bit about what happens in what probably passes for a big game at this level.
          I don't want to send you running to your safe space but I need to let you in on a secret. Very, very few people care about college soccer, at ANY level for either gender. They care about basketball and football. The way you're laughing at this guy for caring about D3 soccer? Yeah. That's how the football crowd feels about you caring about D1 college soccer.

Me? I love it all...D anything. But if I'm going to start worrying about what the masses think is worthy of caring, I'm going to be sorely disappointed. How about we all just enjoy the games?

Comment

Again to get us back on track. What other local D3 games are going on this weekend that we may be interested in? All those that don't care please leave.

Comment

United Soccer Coaches NCAA Division III Women - National - Preseason Ranking - August 7, 2018

Rank

School

Prev.

W-L-T

1 Williams College 1 22-1-1
              2 University Of Chicago 2 21-2-0
              3 The College of New Jersey 3 21-0-1
              4 Hardin-Simmons University 4 23-1-0
              5 Messiah College 5 17-2-4
              6 Johns Hopkins University 6 18-3-3
              7 William Smith College 7 19-2-0
              8 Ohio Northern University 8 20-2-2
              9 University of Wisconsin-La Crosse 11 19-2-2
              10 Washington University (Mo.) 9 17-2-1
              11 Carnegie Mellon University 10 15-3-2
              12 Trinity University (Texas) 6 17-2-0
              13 Massachusetts Institute of Technology 12 19-2-1
              14 SUNY Geneseo 13 14-1-2
              15 Wheaton College (Ill.) 14 14-5-3
              16 *****burg University 20 20-4-0
              17 Christopher Newport University 17 19-1-1
              18 Middlebury College 18 12-4-2
              19 California Lutheran University 19 16-3-3
              20 Misericordia University 20 15-5-2
              21 Swarthmore College 21 15-4-2
              22 Loras College 22 15-2-3
              23 Illinois Wesleyan University 23 17-5-0
              24 Virginia Wesleyan University 24 15-7-1
              25 Brandeis University 25 12-5-4

Comment

Again to get us back on track. What other local D3 games are going on this weekend that we may be interested in? All those that don't care please leave.
                I know this is a D3 women's thread but on the men's side, Brandeis is at Endicott Friday night @7pm. Should be a great early season matchup.

Back to the ladies, here are links to Friday & Sat game schedules:

http://www.d3soccer.com/seasons/wome...ate=2018-08-31
                http://www.d3soccer.com/seasons/wome...ate=2018-09-01

Comment

I know this is a D3 women's thread but on the men's side, Brandeis is at Endicott Friday night @7pm. Should be a great early season matchup.

Back to the ladies, here are links to Friday & Sat game schedules:

http://www.d3soccer.com/seasons/wome...ate=2018-08-31
                  http://www.d3soccer.com/seasons/wome...ate=2018-09-01

nice thread!! not a D3 parent, but im sure this will be popular and positive

Comment

GPA means nothing i have never been asked what my gpa was in college never just that i graduated
                    The folks in graduate admissions will ask. And most companies will notice if you an advanced degree.

Comment

They actually are and you are too delusional to not see it. This is a soccer site. If your kid is playing at the D3 level it means that she was neither smart enough to get into an Ivy or a good enough soccer to earn a scholarship.

Comment

They actually are and you are too delusional to not see it. This is a soccer site. If your kid is playing at the D3 level it means that she was neither smart enough to get into an Ivy or a good enough soccer to earn a scholarship.
                        So, so incorrect.

Not all Ivies are equal. Many people might chose MIT, Williams, Amherst, Pomona, Swarthmore or others over Cornell or Dartmouth. (Of course if you limit it to H-Y-P, your point might have a little more validity, but still could be challenged)

Regarding scholarships, I know several kids who had offers of partial scholarships from Patriot League schools who went D3 instead. Others did not even waste their time with third or fourth tier D1 schools which might have offered them some money.

Instead of spewing forth inaccuracies in this thread to make yourself feel better go pi$$ in someone else's sandbox.

The soccer played by the top 25 or so D3 teams is pretty good soccer. The players are accomplished with strong resumes. They are certainly not as strong players as those who play for the top 150 or so D1 schools. But, so what.

Comment

So, so incorrect.

Not all Ivies are equal. Many people might chose MIT, Williams, Amherst, Pomona, Swarthmore or others over Cornell or Dartmouth. (Of course if you limit it to H-Y-P, your point might have a little more validity, but still could be challenged)

Regarding scholarships, I know several kids who had offers of partial scholarships from Patriot League schools who went D3 instead. Others did not even waste their time with third or fourth tier D1 schools which might have offered them some money.

Instead of spewing forth inaccuracies in this thread to make yourself feel better go pi$$ in someone else's sandbox.

The soccer played by the top 25 or so D3 teams is pretty good soccer. The players are accomplished with strong resumes. They are certainly not as strong players as those who play for the top 150 or so D1 schools. But, so what.
                          Don't feed the D1 troll. He's thrilled his kid got $10k to sit on the bench at Eastern IL - she's D1!

Comment

So, so incorrect.

And so the delusion continues. From a prestige vantage point an Ivy is an Ivy and it is still D1. Everyone in the soccer parent group but the few delusional ones here recognize that as a gold medal combination. D3, no matter what the school is still a bronze one.

Don’t kid yourself D3 soccer is not nearly as good as imagined. Basically it’s one click up from a decent high school level. Here’s why, first off start with lesser quality players, then factor in shorter pre seasons, shorter seasons, no spring season and just the lesser emphasis on the activity results in much less quality than you D3 parents can fathom.

As far as the money goes no matter how you slice it with D3 the money is flowing out of the parents pocket at a much greater rate than with a qualified D1 prospect and with tuitions now in the 60-70 grand range the typical scholarship ain’t in the 10 grand range any longer. That assertion just speaks to how long it’s been since the poster had kids in college.

Comment

If you want to see the difference suggest you go watch the replay of the PC vs UNC game from last night on ESPN. Wasn’t much of a game but sit back and ponder just how many players from the top 25 D3 programs could anyone actually envision being out in the field impacting in a meaningful way in that game. There aren’t many, if any, and I’ll try not to laugh when the inevitable responses about supposed academic superiority come. That’s just moving the goal posts. This is a soccer site.

Comment

And so the delusion continues. From a prestige vantage point an Ivy is an Ivy and it is still D1. Everyone in the soccer parent group but the few delusional ones here recognize that as a gold medal combination. D3, no matter what the school is still a bronze one.

Don’t kid yourself D3 soccer is not nearly as good as imagined. Basically it’s one click up from a decent high school level. Here’s why, first off start with lesser quality players, then factor in shorter pre seasons, shorter seasons, no spring season and just the lesser emphasis on the activity results in much less quality than you D3 parents can fathom.

As far as the money goes no matter how you slice it with D3 the money is flowing out of the parents pocket at a much greater rate than with a qualified D1 prospect and with tuitions now in the 60-70 grand range the typical scholarship ain’t in the 10 grand range any longer. That assertion just speaks to how long it’s been since the poster had kids in college.
                                each to their own, but its the dumb assertions that get me. if my kid got a bunch of Bs in school, i would not go to an academic site and say she was as good academically as those who got As. Its not a perfect analogy, but has similarities.

There are very few top level soccer players whose top school choices are Ivies or D3s. Some? Sure, but a tiny fraction. its not like we are overflowing with elite players. Look at the teams in the GDA or ECNL if you want proof. Look at some of the scores.

If you are happy in whatever choice you made, great. I love the idea of a D3 thread, but there is no need to compare it to other divisions. Just enjoy it for what it means to you.

My daughter played D3 soccer at a decent school. she quit after 2 years. The time spent doing it was not commensurate with what she got out of it. the standards were very patchy and the professors were not particularly understanding. Bottom line, for her, soccer was not particularly relevant at the school.

I have a lot of respect for the kids making that sacrifice in D3, because many get nowhere near the level of support a kid at Duke gets

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X