Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solving referee problems

Something to think about ...with the shortage of referees in this country why don't clubs, for their youth games, provide a club linesman ( who has been educated in the laws of the game and in their club's training gear)?.... therefore only a certified center referee is needed...🤔

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Something to think about ...with the shortage of referees in this country why don't clubs, for their youth games, provide a club linesman ( who has been educated in the laws of the game and in their club's training gear)?.... therefore only a certified center referee is needed...🤔
    Why not start with one of the main problems which is parents who don't understand the game treating the refs like ****.

Comment

Why not start with one of the main problems which is parents who don't understand the game treating the refs like ****.
      Oh boo hoo. It's part of the job and you know that going into it. Same complaint from teachers about their pay. You know it is not a get rich profession, but still bitch and moan. Do your job and STFU.

Comment

Because they do not want to be abused, either.

Comment

Oh boo hoo. It's part of the job and you know that going into it. Same complaint from teachers about their pay. You know it is not a get rich profession, but still bitch and moan. Do your job and STFU.
          Oh yeah, we found the dad that likes to scream at the refs...right ol' **** you are. Spends a ton of time in the gym, has that fat muscle look. Not an athlete himself just likes to pretend to be one. Most likely blames the teacher for their child's poor performance. We all know this *******. Every time he speaks the other parents share a knowing look of "how did we get stuck with this piece of ****".

Fortunately, the ****ers end up dead from a heart attack...at least that is what we all hope.

Comment

How about you be a parent and not the Soccer Overlord?!! Refs didn't sign up to be yelled at by whiny baby parents. Your yelling won't change the call. Just like teachers didn't sign up to parent your kids. Teachers wouldn't complain about pay if teaching is all they had to do. Instead they have to teach kids morals and manners since they learn those traits from their parents they see belittling the ref (person of authority). See how your behavior affects your kids. Probably not.

Comment

Fewer young refs in the game, it's bullying that makes them lose their love to ref. Does anybody really want to see 80 year olds ref your kids game because he can't hear anything you're screaming at him?

Comment

Pay more for referees. Limit games allowed to referee. Provide cash only before the games with no exceptions. Do not have kids refereeing same age group as the referee at center or line. Enforce no dissent from any parent at the game. Educate parents and fine the parents with suspension or ejection of their kid at the club. Supervise all games!!! Absolutely no club linesman! All Referees need to pass referee class and be able to identify laws of game via FIFA. Parents that never played the game before should not referee!!!

Increase pay and you will see quality referees stick around. $20 per game isn't worth their time on weekends and late notice games. Also, Referee assignors assign games and get a fee per game. With that comes bias and turnover.

Comment

Pay more for referees. Limit games allowed to referee. Provide cash only before the games with no exceptions. Do not have kids refereeing same age group as the referee at center or line. Enforce no dissent from any parent at the game. Educate parents and fine the parents with suspension or ejection of their kid at the club. Supervise all games!!! Absolutely no club linesman! All Referees need to pass referee class and be able to identify laws of game via FIFA. Parents that never played the game before should not referee!!!

Increase pay and you will see quality referees stick around. $20 per game isn't worth their time on weekends and late notice games. Also, Referee assignors assign games and get a fee per game. With that comes bias and turnover.
                  $$$, that's all I read. Pay me money and respect my au-thor-i-tie!

You must be a teacher for your day job.

Comment

A damn good one son! I'll send you off immediately. Do you know what that is?

Comment

A damn good one son! I'll send you off immediately. Do you know what that is?
                      Blah. Blah. Blah.

When you're done whining and finish your power trip, pull my car up. Here's the valet ticket.

Comment

Ban parents.

Comment

At the end of the day it’s still just a kids game. When your kid outgrows soccer and you grow up you’ll look back and realize what a real dumb a** you were for the way you acted at your kids soccer games.

Comment

At the end of the day it’s still just a kids game. When your kid outgrows soccer and you grow up you’ll look back and realize what a real dumb a** you were for the way you acted at your kids soccer games.
                            Possibly, but at least I didn't run around in the Florida heat for only $20 while wearing a bright yellow shirt and high black socks.

Remind me...who was the dumb a**?

Comment

Reading most of the posts in this thread gives you a fairly good idea of why there is a problem.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X