Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Most clubs are putting too much emphasis on size and speed and the younger ages. I have seen this at FKK and OCYS for both the girls and boys where they start and play a ton of minutes for years and watch them slowly lose their advantage as they get older. I have nothing against a tall, fast, ten or eleven year olds. The problem is they are not developing their whole game. Many of these players rely on one foot and a simple push the ball by a player and out run them. There is no incentive to improve when you don’t get subbed out and always start. I have seen players dominate in 8th grade in FPSL and FPL to now be shut down in the ECNL leagues. Some are heading to big schools because they were recruited as freshmen or sophmores in these easier leagues and tournaments and I think will struggle in College. Some Ironically will still play a ton at their club over frankly some better all a round soccer players, yet their game has not changed or developed since they were 10 years old. In the end I think they could be in for a let down when they move on.
    OMG. Not this again. Please stop repeating the same points.

Comment

Its all about the coaching at a young age. Being taught how to properly play the game is the first step to fixing our national problem.

Comment

I absolutely agree that too many soccer coaches and clubs focus primarily on winning, and they feel by selecting the biggest kids to be on their team, they have a better chance of winning, due to physical domination, not due to skill. Those who are smaller, who have not hit their growth spurt early like some of their peers, almost always are left to sit/be subs, or constantly get passed over and placed on lesser teams. Their skill can be better, but skill is not beating out a child who is 6-12 inches taller, 20-40 lbs heavier. At least not when they are young, <14/15. As they all mature, it becomes more of a level playing field, and then it is obvious who has worked on ball skills and technical parts of there game, versus those who used to use size to dominate. Some clubs/coaches in general seem to want to have an impressive win/loss record to show how great they are, and are not focused on development. They really should not keep track of Ws and Ls until they are 14/15, to try and stop this approach. Points are repeated because the problem is pervasive. Those who benefit the most of course don't want it to end.

Comment

I absolutely agree that too many soccer coaches and clubs focus primarily on winning, and they feel by selecting the biggest kids to be on their team, they have a better chance of winning, due to physical domination, not due to skill. Those who are smaller, who have not hit their growth spurt early like some of their peers, almost always are left to sit/be subs, or constantly get passed over and placed on lesser teams. Their skill can be better, but skill is not beating out a child who is 6-12 inches taller, 20-40 lbs heavier. At least not when they are young, <14/15. As they all mature, it becomes more of a level playing field, and then it is obvious who has worked on ball skills and technical parts of there game, versus those who used to use size to dominate. Some clubs/coaches in general seem to want to have an impressive win/loss record to show how great they are, and are not focused on development. They really should not keep track of Ws and Ls until they are 14/15, to try and stop this approach. Points are repeated because the problem is pervasive. Those who benefit the most of course don't want it to end.
          Messi is 5'6", Marta is 5'4"... Arguably the two best players of this generation... Coaches are insane for focusing on size on these younger teams.

Comment

Messi is 5'6", Marta is 5'4"... Arguably the two best players of this generation... Coaches are insane for focusing on size on these younger teams.
            Point taken but please don't argue the exception is the rule because it is not.

Comment

The truth is it takes both a combination of athletic ability and technical skill to truly excel at the next level and as players get older. Can't do it without both. It is what it is. So I guess the idea is that you can train a good athlete the technical but you probably can't make a technical player athletic, if they don't have it.

Comment

Its all about the coaching at a young age. Being taught how to properly play the game is the first step to fixing our national problem.
                Poor youth soccer is not a national problem. Come back to reality Dad.

Comment

Same old argument comes up every year, “My skilled kid gets passed up for athletes.” You just don’t get it, skill can be learned and earned while you are either born an athlete or not. If soccer doesn’t work out for your little technician she can always take up lawn bowling.

Comment

FESA invitational v LDSO

Why are we still heading to the LDSO to play Armada and crap teams when all the big clubs in the South East are heading up to the FloriDa Elite tournament?

Comment

The truth is it takes both a combination of athletic ability and technical skill to truly excel at the next level and as players get older. Can't do it without both. It is what it is. So I guess the idea is that you can train a good athlete the technical but you probably can't make a technical player athletic, if they don't have it.

Let me Pose a question.. How is OCYS club doing? I’m hearing poorly on all fronts. Too Bad!!

Boys DA gone
                      Girls DA gone

Coaches have moved on or been fired..

OC is the laughing stock of southeast youth soccer clubs

Comment

This is true.

Comment

Let me Pose a question.. How is OCYS club doing? I’m hearing poorly on all fronts. Too Bad!!

Boys DA gone
                          Girls DA gone

Coaches have moved on or been fired..

OC is the laughing stock of southeast youth soccer clubs
                          what’s the word on coach melton and brick? I understand boys DA dropped the service of the tandem. I figured MV academy might hire them but just heard MV passed on them as well.

I’m now hearing that OC ECNL director is wavering on included them in program and has low balled coaching salaries for these self promoting, self indulging clowns....

Karma is a bitch!!!!!!

Comment

what’s the word on coach melton and brick? I understand boys DA dropped the service of the tandem. I figured MV academy might hire them but just heard MV passed on them as well.

I’m now hearing that OC ECNL director is wavering on included them in program and has low balled coaching salaries for these self promoting, self indulging clowns....

Karma is a bitch!!!!!!
                            well at least they have each other!! LMAO

Comment

well at least they have each other!! LMAO
                              yes GB and CM can spoon each other nightly

Comment

Karma is a bitch!!!!!!
                                $0 is too high a number to pay these two morons. Both do way more harm than good.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X