Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The USSF would only take away teams if they show no improvement, and it was obvious they don't belong in the GDA. The 04 team is solid, and midpack in their division. They won't have that problem.
As long as they stay mid pack it will probably be ok, but more so because USSF is desperate not to lose more clubs or teams. At this point you have o be pretty awful to get completely booted.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
As long as they stay mid pack it will probably be ok, but more so because USSF is desperate not to lose more clubs or teams. At this point you have o be pretty awful to get completely booted.
How many clubs will leave for ECNL this year? There will be more.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
You're missing big picture though. LISC already lost 2 GDA team slots and are in probationary standing. Calling the U15 team "solid" and "mid-pack" is questionable. They're barely holding onto a 6th place standing out of 8 teams in their conference, not even having played the top team in the group. Are the games more competitive than last year? Absolutely! But is that enough to make up for the U14s who have lost every single game, all but 1 being 5 goals or more? I doubt it. There's also no real feeder program to give them promise of a strong future and LISC doesn't have the luxury of the coach of the reigning NWSL Champions, out there stumping for GDA in every single interview he gives.

Now before you start crying that I'm a Fury parent, one love crap, I'd like you to know that my kid plays for LISC. She is in an older age group and we are ready to jump off the LISC roller coaster. Yes, my kid is still salty that she missed out on HS ball last year while many other LISC players got to play while still playing GDA. She feels awkward having to explain why she played in the GDA last year and is now playing EDP to college coaches and doesn't have an answer for a lot of their questions. The whole experience has been a real mess.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
You're missing big picture though. LISC already lost 2 GDA team slots and are in probationary standing. Calling the U15 team "solid" and "mid-pack" is questionable. They're barely holding onto a 6th place standing out of 8 teams in their conference, not even having played the top team in the group. Are the games more competitive than last year? Absolutely! But is that enough to make up for the U14s who have lost every single game, all but 1 being 5 goals or more? I doubt it. There's also no real feeder program to give them promise of a strong future and LISC doesn't have the luxury of the coach of the reigning NWSL Champions, out there stumping for GDA in every single interview he gives.

Now before you start crying that I'm a Fury parent, one love crap, I'd like you to know that my kid plays for LISC. She is in an older age group and we are ready to jump off the LISC roller coaster. Yes, my kid is still salty that she missed out on HS ball last year while many other LISC players got to play while still playing GDA. She feels awkward having to explain why she played in the GDA last year and is now playing EDP to college coaches and doesn't have an answer for a lot of their questions. The whole experience has been a real mess.
College coaches fully understand GDA is very inconsistent, especially around here. As long as she can give a 30 second confident answer as to why she left and what she's doing now to prepare for college, she'll be fine. What she shows on the field is what matters more to them.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
How many clubs will leave for ECNL this year? There will be more.
For sure, if there's spots for them - likely since ECNL would love to keep expanding and sticking it to USSF all at the same time.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
For sure, if there's spots for them - likely since ECNL would love to keep expanding and sticking it to USSF all at the same time.
One big advantage GDA has is that most GDA clubs also have BDA. They are in a committed relationship with DA. Hard to leave GDA and stay in great standing with BDA. Some clubs can do it with no backlash, but many cannot afford to lose the boys side or have the possibility to lose it. Truth be told, boys still means more than girls and thatís just the way it is.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
One big advantage GDA has is that most GDA clubs also have BDA. They are in a committed relationship with DA. Hard to leave GDA and stay in great standing with BDA. Some clubs can do it with no backlash, but many cannot afford to lose the boys side or have the possibility to lose it. Truth be told, boys still means more than girls and thatís just the way it is.
What bda clubs have gda besides nycfc? Not red bulls, not dc, not Boston, not Philly.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
What bda clubs have gda besides nycfc? Not red bulls, not dc, not Boston, not Philly.
Look past MLS clubs to all the pay to play clubs....NYSC, Oakwood etc. Lots of them. But they did fine prior to GDA and can do fine without it.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
College coaches fully understand GDA is very inconsistent, especially around here. As long as she can give a 30 second confident answer as to why she left and what she's doing now to prepare for college, she'll be fine. What she shows on the field is what matters more to them.
Thanks for the hypothetical platitudes, but it's not quite that simple. First is having to explain that her team was so awful, they got booted from GDA (awkward). Then comes the fun of having to circle around the fact that by the time she learned her team would no longer be playing in GDA, the ECNL and only other remotely decent GDA teams were wrapping up tryouts and had pretty much set their teams...which of course opens the door to a slew of other equally cringe inducing replies to additional q's.

Funny though, your response sounds A LOT like the schpeal we've been getting from the powers that be at LISC. Throw in a "coaches don't care what league you play in" (complete BS BTW) and you'd literally be word for word.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
What GDA clubs donít have BDA?