Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Right on, unfortunately too many people care. Too many people think a couple of girls switching teams and playing 3 hrs from home is going to jeopardize their kid's chance at that big money scholarship.
    There are very few if any big $ scholarships for women's soccer.

Comment

There are very few if any big $ scholarships for women's soccer.
      300+ div 1 coaches may disagree with you. But maybe your definition of big $ is different than what most people can afford for tuition and fees.

Comment

300+ div 1 coaches may disagree with you. But maybe your definition of big $ is different than what most people can afford for tuition and fees.
        Really? What do you consider big money? I consider a big scholarship a full ride. I bet the 300 + D1 college coaches will agree with me. They are giving very few if any full rides for soccer. A good soccer scholarship would be 50% and most do not get that. Many schools are giving the bigger scholarships to international players. However d3 is where a soccer player can get the most dollars if they are good acdemically. Do your research it's easy to find out. Most of the parents with kids in travel soccer have already spent more on their child's soccer than they will receive in scholarship monies.

Comment

Really? What do you consider big money? I consider a big scholarship a full ride. I bet the 300 + D1 college coaches will agree with me. They are giving very few if any full rides for soccer. A good soccer scholarship would be 50% and most do not get that. Many schools are giving the bigger scholarships to international players. However d3 is where a soccer player can get the most dollars if they are good acdemically. Do your research it's easy to find out. Most of the parents with kids in travel soccer have already spent more on their child's soccer than they will receive in scholarship monies.
          OK Debbie Downer you're right. It wasn't my intention to start a debate over the relative merits of D1 vs D3 academics. My point is, to a kid who would rather go to Brevard CC than Valencia a couple thousand might seem like big $. It's all relative.

Comment

If they will go to Orlando, just wait till Weston gets ECNL. Ae clubs will collapse like a sink hole! Just wait!
            Team Boca & Weston are the only 2 clubs in South Florida that can fulfill all the requirements to become ECNL programs. But really? Just don't see either club doing that anytime soon.

Comment

Who cares who cares who cares who cares who cares who cares.

Comment

Reality will hit one day.

Comment

OK

Troll? Or do you get off on posting made up nonsense on the internet? You don't know anything about what you're writing. OC's league play is not over, and they're not going to NJ, and it's not a National Qualifier in Seattle. The only thing you got right is "I don't know their plan".
                  You got me. I don't know their exact schedule. I didn't check. They have two league games left, both in Florida. So, 90% of their league games are done. They are going to San Diego instead of NJ. And, it is absolutely the National Qualifier in Seattle. The team is in first place in their conference so they will play in Seattle to see which teams qualify to go to Richmond for the Nationals in July.

Feel better? It doesn't change much. Two more league games and a Showcase in San Diego instead of NJ. Wow, you got me good. You need to relax a bit.

Comment

OCYS still has games left against WFF two games. They have showcase in Dallas and are going to the National tournament in Seattle. Winners from there then go to Richmond Va. They are also playing in Florida Cup the true State Cup. There are also some friendlies that have been scheduled. These girls made their own choices. They probably saw the benefits of going to OCYS. They played each other in Boca FINAL 4 and tied 1-1 without Jacksonville goalie and defender who are both discovery players add those two girls and two sunrise girls they are special team.

You sound like you love that koolaid. Florida Cup the true state cup? Get real. You lost all credibility after you said that. Don't blame simple minded people like yourself for being so naive. Please explain the benefits, besides playing in the "true state cup". You are either a troll or one of the departed parents. Gotta check your sources. They played in Final Four Showcase, not Boca FINAL 4. They tied 0-0, not 1-1. Jacksonville girls were not there, but neither was Sunrise FSU commit. Please say your a troll.

Comment

I heard the coach that got fired is the one trying to steal players and bring them to OC. He is upset the team didn't want him. Obviously the mom he was sleeping was going to listen.

Comment

I heard the coach that got fired is the one trying to steal players and bring them to OC. He is upset the team didn't want him. Obviously the mom he was sleeping was going to listen.
                        That was always a rumor. I am not even at Sunrise and know the crazy s**t that DP did while he was a coach. They are not sleeping together, but he did steal money from team account and used team cc to pay for her hotel. Sunrise tried sweeping his adultery and stealing money under the rug, but had to let him go. Guy is a mess. DP is a cancer, he called about a job and I'm so glad our club didn't hire him. Have friends at Sunrise, and they tell horror stories about the guy.

Comment

It is a Free Country

I personally know of a Girl that plays High school soccer in Ft Lauderdale area.
                          She travels with tan ECNL Club out of Atlanta. Works for Her & Her Parents.
                          That is All that matters.

Comment

The great thing about Sunrise is their location Easy to get to, close to many heavily populated areas to get players from. The bad thing about Sunrise, close to other clubs to lose players or team to as well.

Comment

That was always a rumor. I am not even at Sunrise and know the crazy s**t that DP did while he was a coach. They are not sleeping together, but he did steal money from team account and used team cc to pay for her hotel. Sunrise tried sweeping his adultery and stealing money under the rug, but had to let him go. Guy is a mess. DP is a cancer, he called about a job and I'm so glad our club didn't hire him. Have friends at Sunrise, and they tell horror stories about the guy.
                              Seriously, you don't know DP. I can tell you that my daughter played for him and he is fair, not the yelling type and treated her with respect. In my eyes he is an outstanding human being. I don't care what he does in his private life that's none of our business. Btw, those who are crying foul are the ones who couldn't walk all over him like they can their current coach.

Comment

Seriously, you don't know DP. I can tell you that my daughter played for him and he is fair, not the yelling type and treated her with respect. In my eyes he is an outstanding human being. I don't care what he does in his private life that's none of our business. Btw, those who are crying foul are the ones who couldn't walk all over him like they can their current coach.
                                Speaks the parent who screwed her team over right before State Cup. Character issues maybe??? Of course you don't care about unethical behavior.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X