Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Showcase

When should we expect to hear from our club about any coach interest after a showcase? How do I know if the coach is passing everything along?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    When should we expect to hear from our club about any coach interest after a showcase? How do I know if the coach is passing everything along?
    If you really think your kids coach is not passing everything along then why would you play for that club/coach?

Comment

If there was interest you will hear from the college coach directly.

Comment

No you won't don't lie

Comment

If there was interest you will hear from the college coach directly.
          Not if the player isn't a junior yet. Coaches can't contact players directly until June after sophomore year. All they can do is send generic camp invites and the like.

Comment

If you really think your kids coach is not passing everything along then why would you play for that club/coach?
            If a coach isn’t helping some of the kids or is withholding college interest info, then the coach will rot in hell one day but you need to switch your child to a supportive coach.

Comment

I don’t think they are withholding. I was thinking more they just get lots of emails and I didn’t think managing that would be a soccer coach’s expertise? Maybe I am wrong? Maybe I should give them more credit.

Comment

I don’t think they are withholding. I was thinking more they just get lots of emails and I didn’t think managing that would be a soccer coach’s expertise? Maybe I am wrong? Maybe I should give them more credit.
                club coach should forward email ASAP. No exceptions to this.

I saw many emails last May where college coach put sentence into email that NCAA rules prohibit forwarding, and college coach was just interested in letting club coach know and welcomed additional input. At this point College coach is compliant and NCAA rules don't apply to club coach who then forwards email. What did go.away was the college coach mobile # and request to have the girl call

Comment

club coach should forward email ASAP. No exceptions to this.

I saw many emails last May where college coach put sentence into email that NCAA rules prohibit forwarding, and college coach was just interested in letting club coach know and welcomed additional input. At this point College coach is compliant and NCAA rules don't apply to club coach who then forwards email. What did go.away was the college coach mobile # and request to have the girl call
                  Thank you.

Comment

If your kid is freshman or sophomore coaches are compiling their interest lists. They might not have contacted club coaches yet and may not because club coach intermediary roles are much more limited now. Showcase season is ramping up and if coaches came to watch your player (did they?) and they have interest they may come watch again. Make sure your player reaches out to the coaches she had written before, thank them for coming and tell them she'll be at upcoming showcases and her league game schedule. She needs to continue to express interest.

Comment

Agree with all above if D is fresh or Soph - my daughter sent periodic emails to coaches interested in - they couldn’t respond obviously because of rules but once they could communicate it was clear that the touch bases help in the recruiting process. D3 coaches can communicate anytime and they did with my daughter though they were focused on a couple years above in the recruiting process. You really can’t over communicate.

Comment

Waiting for Coach Guffman. Coach Guffman?? Guffman???

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X