Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have a daughter who played in college. She made the ODP Regional pool at 11 and was in the NT pool by 14. I always thought that the biggest advantage to the program is it was the only avenue out there that really pushed the best players together. It’s the only program that actually recognizes that all players are not equal and try to force them to play with others of different abilities. True story. One summer at ID camp when mine was roughly a sophomore in high school and had been training with the NT pool for about a year she was getting frustrated in the regional pool training sessions because players weren’t going where she was expecting them to go and do what she was expecting them to do, nor did they have the technical skills to play the way she was accustomed and she was feeling pressure because of her status to perform in spite of what she saw as chaos around her. She had come over to me to vent in private when one of the regional coaches came over to her and started by saying that she needed to recognize that the rest of the players were ONLY regional pool players and by definition we’re not as physically talented nor did they have the ability to see the field as she saw it and at the pace she saw it. He said the regional and national team scouts knew this and what they were actually looking for from her was for her to obviously recognize situations and look to make the play that should have been made but then react and seamlessly form a secondary solution from it. The ultimate message to her was to control her obvious frustration and learn to make plays with lesser players knowing that the coaches recognized other players mistakes and did not hold her responsible for them. It was a profound message for her. I will also say that back on her club team that situation was an even bigger problem for her because there was a lower overall talent level on it than the regional pool even though she was playing ‘up’ with older teammates and the level of team was certain equal to a high level ECNL team. That short conversation really helped manage what was becoming a huge issue and I think helped propel her to where she ultimately got. Those of you who think the DA/ECNL is the whole answer are kidding yourselves. It certainly is a piece of the puzzle just not the whole puzzle.
    Now we're crapping on regional pools. What year was she supposed to replace Hope Solo?

Comment

Why does anyone care , if someone else plays odp? Would you care if they also played chess, or tiddly winks for that matter?

Comment

Why does anyone care , if someone else plays odp? Would you care if they also played chess, or tiddly winks for that matter?
        Exactly. 95% of posters here could not name 4 players on the D1 Final Four teams....and very possible that same percentage could not name the Final Four teams without looking it up. Even the self-soaked guru couldn't name 3 players on the Final Four teams. No one cares about any of it, but we're supposed to care because some kid of a crazed TS poster had a to share a field with a other regional pool players, and, can you believe it, suffer the indigniy of being on the same pitch with a kid or two who ended up playing D3. What an arrogant, narcissistic SOB.

Comment

This was reasonable thread with balanced feedback on ODP and real stories from people who have actually experienced it from State, Regional, and National level. And then the phussy chasing his whale showed up calling us all BTNT. I am NOT him. I have a kid in HS now, she did ODP for 2 seasons, went to Boca, it opened her eyes, then she decided to pursue an ECNL club, and didn't continue with ODP.

Comment

This was reasonable thread with balanced feedback on ODP and real stories from people who have actually experienced it from State, Regional, and National level. And then the phussy chasing his whale showed up calling us all BTNT. I am NOT him. I have a kid in HS now, she did ODP for 2 seasons, went to Boca, it opened her eyes, then she decided to pursue an ECNL club, and didn't continue with ODP.
            You sure hang around a lot....always popping where BTNT has left a trail. Real stories??? You mean just him talking about his kid, who just yesterday he squawked about his kids being referenced on TS. If you aren't BTNT, you are simply a stooge. A butt boy. You're like Lindsay Graham slumping into DT's office and asking if the boss was happy with his performance today and every day.

Comment

You sure hang around a lot....always popping where BTNT has left a trail. Real stories??? You mean just him talking about his kid, who just yesterday he squawked about his kids being referenced on TS. If you aren't BTNT, you are simply a stooge. A butt boy. You're like Lindsay Graham slumping into DT's office and asking if the boss was happy with his performance today and every day.
              not as much as you obviously. #phussy

Comment

Now we're crapping on regional pools. What year was she supposed to replace Hope Solo?
                The actual fact of the matter is there is always a talent hierarchy. National team players are better than national pool players, national pool players are better than and regional team players, regional team players are better than regional pool players, regional pool players are better than the state team players and then you have the kids who go D3 because they're whicked smart and daddy has a lot of money.

Comment

The actual fact of the matter is there is always a talent hierarchy. National team players are better than national pool players, national pool players are better than and regional team players, regional team players are better than regional pool players, regional pool players are better than the state team players and then you have the kids who go D3 because they're whicked smart and daddy has a lot of money.
                  And then look who has the very next post. Love it when "not-BTNT-I-swear" and BTNT post back to back. Of course there are pyramids. The problem is that you don't think any level below the very, very top should even exist, so maybe your own kid doesn't make the cut now. The problem with your logic, functionally ya know, is that Clyde Drexler should have never played bball because he was one level below Jordan. Drew Bledsoe should never have played football because Brady eclipsed him. You got every possible advantage in the youth soccer system and yet you still want more. Well, order more pizzas if you need more.

Comment

And then look who has the very next post. Love it when "not-BTNT-I-swear" and BTNT post back to back. Of course there are pyramids. The problem is that you don't think any level below the very, very top should even exist, so maybe your own kid doesn't make the cut now. The problem with your logic, functionally ya know, is that Clyde Drexler should have never played bball because he was one level below Jordan. Drew Bledsoe should never have played football because Brady eclipsed him. You got every possible advantage in the youth soccer system and yet you still want more. Well, order more pizzas if you need more.
                    BTNT and the guy who always responds to him are the same person. Haven’t you heard of split-personality disorder. He writes these ridiculously long posts and then responds to himself in the third person. Very sad, he needs help.

Comment

BTNT and the guy who always responds to him are the same person. Haven’t you heard of split-personality disorder. He writes these ridiculously long posts and then responds to himself in the third person. Very sad, he needs help.
                      BTDT had years to get help within his own household. Never did. Very sad. You should hear what people who know him say about him.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X