ECNL vs. DA Debate Is Over

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My god SS Select DA 06 lost again.. This team is singlehandedly ruining any DA reputation..Sad..

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Sorry, but the midfielder who got hurt wasn’t impactful before she got hurt. She struggled in the midfield at the speed of play the scorpions were playing at and couldn’t connect and that was before going down. I also know many of the players on that team and they are good, but they were losing most of the matchups. No one missing was going to change that.

If you were at the game you know how lop-sided the possession was. NEFC couldn’t get the ball out of their defensive half in the first half and while the game opened up a little in the second, Scorpions still had twice the possession and scoring opportunities and continued to shoot right to the final whistle.

It’s a good result for NEFC and a poor one for Scorps, but that game goes to Scorpions 8 times in 10 it’s played. Both teams will have to up their game dramatically if they hope to get a result against Stars Blue 04. They are likely to come away undefeated.
      I think that midfielder had been in the game maybe 5 minutes before getting hurt, so not going to make make sweeping judgements about her effectiveness before the injury, as she barely had warmed up. Secondly, I don’t have a dog in the fight for this age group, other than to say I watched the game, and your team didn’t adjust one bit in second half, while the NPL team did. The coach recognized quickly that with their missing and hurt midfielders, that they had to change their formation, which they did to good effect and opened up the game more and creating more chances. Their D was superior and I would not suspect that results of 10 games might be closer to even that you suspect. Good luck to your team. Hope your “clearly superior” team can manage another point this weekend.

Comment

DA in NE has bad rep anyway.

Comment

My god SS Select DA 06 lost again.. This team is singlehandedly ruining any DA reputation..Sad..
          GDA's reputation was already in the gutter.

Comment

GDA's reputation was already in the gutter.
            FYI, you can't seriously say "the argument is over" unless you say PERIOD! at the end. I thought this was common knowledge

Comment

Please watch the Center D for Stars. Not even close to athletic enough to stay with SSS strikers.

Now do Stars 04 DA vs 03 ECNL this weekend.

Comment

Please watch the Center D for Stars. Not even close to athletic enough to stay with SSS strikers.
                Is she tall? If you have strong CDM’s and fast full backs you don’t need a ton of pace as a CB. Size is more important for winning balls on set pieces.

Comment

Is she tall? If you have strong CDM’s and fast full backs you don’t need a ton of pace as a CB. Size is more important for winning balls on set pieces.
                  SSS DA 04 Strikers have already scored 12 goals in 2 games in the 03 bracket. I’ll predict 4 against Stars ECNL Blue tomorrow morning.

Comment

This is the last phase of their reality check. By HS most have generally gotten it. Teams and players shift around, some players won't even be playing in HS let alone dominating any longer.

My only hesitation with this statement is what impact the new recruiting rules will have. Before, the studs got very early interest, the rest later. Now it's a lot harder to gauge that because of the timeline pushback. Summer after sophomore year won't be pretty for some of these nut job parents
                    Spot on!

Comment

Not tall at all. A good coach will see her lack of speed and exploit the situation. Stars 03 coach will not know what to do.

QUOTE=Unregistered;2615755]Is she tall? If you have strong CDM’s and fast full backs you don’t need a ton of pace as a CB. Size is more important for winning balls on set pieces.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I think that midfielder had been in the game maybe 5 minutes before getting hurt, so not going to make make sweeping judgements about her effectiveness before the injury, as she barely had warmed up. Secondly, I don’t have a dog in the fight for this age group, other than to say I watched the game, and your team didn’t adjust one bit in second half, while the NPL team did. The coach recognized quickly that with their missing and hurt midfielders, that they had to change their formation, which they did to good effect and opened up the game more and creating more chances. Their D was superior and I would not suspect that results of 10 games might be closer to even that you suspect. Good luck to your team. Hope your “clearly superior” team can manage another point this weekend.
                        How do you say NEFC coach recognized quickly and made adjustments? The entire 1st half was one sided in favor of Scorps and only the first 10 of the second opened up a bit allowing NEFC to get forward more. As soon as Scorps made adjustments 10 minutes in 2nd half, NEFC was back to chasing the ball with very little possession to speak of. NEFC defense wasn’t superior, they couldn’t contain Scorps forwards and attacking mids, with multiple defenders getting beat on the dribble at times. Scorps midfield had no trouble possessing the ball, switching the point of attack and finding passing lanes to penetrate NEFC defense. They also kept NEFC from connecting more than a few passes at a time in the midfield.

Scorps controlled midfield and scored in run of play. NEFC scored on a corner and had maybe 4 shots on frame the entire match. How many saves did NEFC keeper have to make? 15? More?

Take your NEFC-colored glasses off and admit they weren’t even close to the better team, in general or on the day, but got an unlikely result by capitalizing on a set piece. Good for them. They are a good team, but objectively they struggled with the speed of play and athleticism of their opponent. Possession stats and SoG don’t lie. To be expected as an NPL team facing an ECNL team. What’s the excuse going to be against FC Stars, which has the strongest 04 girls team in New England? It’s NEFC’s 2nd team? So, where’s NEFC DA? Give LL credit, she isn’t afraid to face her local competitors.

Comment

Wow. The Scorpions still have good teams? I remember sitting in a cafe jousting back and and forth with BTNT at least 7-8 years ago with him swearing that Scorps were dead and buried and his beloved NEFC had become the greatest club in North America. But of course he still insisted that club and level of league didn't matter....until the next day when he would insist there wasn't another girl in the state who should be on the same pitch with his kid....essentially claiming that others being allowed to participate and having the gall to accept spots on teams were ruining his kid's future.
                          Interesting. Can’t say he was wrong. Sure they exist in name but are they really the club they once were? They were once considered the second best club in Mass behind the Stars, can they still claim that?

Comment

How do you say NEFC coach recognized quickly and made adjustments? The entire 1st half was one sided in favor of Scorps and only the first 10 of the second opened up a bit allowing NEFC to get forward more. As soon as Scorps made adjustments 10 minutes in 2nd half, NEFC was back to chasing the ball with very little possession to speak of. NEFC defense wasn’t superior, they couldn’t contain Scorps forwards and attacking mids, with multiple defenders getting beat on the dribble at times. Scorps midfield had no trouble possessing the ball, switching the point of attack and finding passing lanes to penetrate NEFC defense. They also kept NEFC from connecting more than a few passes at a time in the midfield.

Scorps controlled midfield and scored in run of play. NEFC scored on a corner and had maybe 4 shots on frame the entire match. How many saves did NEFC keeper have to make? 15? More?

Take your NEFC-colored glasses off and admit they weren’t even close to the better team, in general or on the day, but got an unlikely result by capitalizing on a set piece. Good for them. They are a good team, but objectively they struggled with the speed of play and athleticism of their opponent. Possession stats and SoG don’t lie. To be expected as an NPL team facing an ECNL team. What’s the excuse going to be against FC Stars, which has the strongest 04 girls team in New England? It’s NEFC’s 2nd team? So, where’s NEFC DA? Give LL credit, she isn’t afraid to face her local competitors.

Wow! Coach Nick is defensive. Don’t worry, you’ll get em next time. Or you won’t.

Comment

Wow! Coach Nick is defensive. Don’t worry, you’ll get em next time. Or you won’t.
                              Calm down coach

Comment

Stars teams dominated everyone else in the GPS tournament yesterday and today with the exception of one age group. I think the debate will still rage but for right now it is pretty clear.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X