ECNL vs. DA Debate Is Over

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree. Massachusetts forum and debate has been ECNL or DA and today is telling a really interesting story especially with Select near top of their league. The 06 Select team was by far worst team we played all year..

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Please nobody talk about this again. FC Stars 06 White ECNL just beat SS Select 06 DA 5-0.. Ball barely crossed half field.. Stars 06 White is bottom of ECNL table and Stars 2nd team. Never again will I listen to anyone that says DA is remotely equal to ECNL.. Debate is finally over!!
      How did you do against nefc

Comment

Who? Wouldn’t know they don’t enter local tournaments.

Comment

Agree. Massachusetts forum and debate has been ECNL or DA and today is telling a really interesting story especially with Select near top of their league. The 06 Select team was by far worst team we played all year..
          Guess we know why Select skipped the FC Stars Labor Day tournament.

Comment

Please nobody talk about this again. FC Stars 06 White ECNL just beat SS Select 06 DA 5-0.. Ball barely crossed half field.. Stars 06 White is bottom of ECNL table and Stars 2nd team. Never again will I listen to anyone that says DA is remotely equal to ECNL.. Debate is finally over!!
            SSS 2007 DA just beat Stars ECNL 6-1
            Can we say ECNL is Remotely close to DA ???
            Let the BS continue......

Comment

SSS 2007 DA just beat Stars ECNL 6-1
              Can we say ECNL is Remotely close to DA ???
              Let the BS continue......
              And it appears NEFC NPL 04 tied Scorpions 04 ECNL. That’s NEFC second team vs Scorps top team.

Guess we know nothing afterall.

Comment

ECNL will never be again what it once was. In the face of mild competition and from its established market position, they have gone for expansion and dilution rather than maintaining quality and exclusivity.

That said, DA will never be what it sold itself to be from the start.

There will be no true winner from this, in business or on the field.

Comment

I think nearly all would agree there's a great deal of overlap. Rather than a pyramid with distinctive layers the US soccer pyramid looks like a carton of neapolitan ice cream left out in the heat. None of it helps soccer, but it sure helps club owners' retirement accounts

Comment

I think nearly all would agree there's a great deal of overlap. Rather than a pyramid with distinctive layers the US soccer pyramid looks like a carton of neapolitan ice cream left out in the heat. None of it helps soccer, but it sure helps club owners' retirement accounts
                    *chef's kiss*

Comment

And it appears NEFC NPL 04 tied Scorpions 04 ECNL. That’s NEFC second team vs Scorps top team.

Guess we know nothing afterall.
                      Actually you don’t. Did you see the 2004 game? I did, as my kid played in that game. Scorpions dominated possession 80-20, with the ball rarely leaving NEFC’s defensive half and Scorpions outshooting NEFC easily 10-2. Scorpions also had more set pieces. NEFC was lucky to come away with a draw, scoring their only goal directly off a corner kick... and it was cleared out by a defender on the far post, but line ref incorrectly called the ball over the line before it was cleared. Bad call, but bottom line very lucky corner. Score probably should have been 3-1 given the number of chances Scorpions had.

This is the problem with youth soccer and especially parents: you think the result showed something it didn’t. NEFC’s 04 NPL team, which is jokingly #2 in MA on GotSoccer, has maybe 3 players on that roster who could could replace players currently on the Scorpions roster. For the most part, their players were on the losing end of the matchups...

I know players on both teams and both are good, but the result doesn’t tell the story and the college coaches who were there from Northeastern, UNH and others know the real story.

Comment

Thank you all for once again proving that the parents of 8th grade girls are absolutely nuts and obsessed

Comment

Actually you don’t. Did you see the 2004 game? I did, as my kid played in that game. Scorpions dominated possession 80-20, with the ball rarely leaving NEFC’s defensive half and Scorpions outshooting NEFC easily 10-2. Scorpions also had more set pieces. NEFC was lucky to come away with a draw, scoring their only goal directly off a corner kick... and it was cleared out by a defender on the far post, but line ref incorrectly called the ball over the line before it was cleared. Bad call, but bottom line very lucky corner. Score probably should have been 3-1 given the number of chances Scorpions had.

This is the problem with youth soccer and especially parents: you think the result showed something it didn’t. NEFC’s 04 NPL team, which is jokingly #2 in MA on GotSoccer, has maybe 3 players on that roster who could could replace players currently on the Scorpions roster. For the most part, their players were on the losing end of the matchups...

I know players on both teams and both are good, but the result doesn’t tell the story and the college coaches who were there from Northeastern, UNH and others know the real story.
                          Defensive much😆. I too was there watching this game from right behind the net that the NEFC goal was scored and 1) it did go in and cross the line CLEARLY. Sorry to bust your bubble. 2) As a parent of another NEFC team with many family friends on this team, I know that the 04’s were missing a center mid, and the other got hurt and played injured the whole game. Huge reason the Scorps controlled the middle more. But alas, still a tie. Scorps still had very few quality chances and then second half was pretty even both ways. Guess you missed the point of the OP with your defensiveness... but keep swinging at the windmills.

Comment

Thank you all for once again proving that the parents of 8th grade girls are absolutely nuts and obsessed
                            This is the last phase of their reality check. By HS most have generally gotten it. Teams and players shift around, some players won't even be playing in HS let alone dominating any longer.

My only hesitation with this statement is what impact the new recruiting rules will have. Before, the studs got very early interest, the rest later. Now it's a lot harder to gauge that because of the timeline pushback. Summer after sophomore year won't be pretty for some of these nut job parents

Comment

Wow. The Scorpions still have good teams? I remember sitting in a cafe jousting back and and forth with BTNT at least 7-8 years ago with him swearing that Scorps were dead and buried and his beloved NEFC had become the greatest club in North America. But of course he still insisted that club and level of league didn't matter....until the next day when he would insist there wasn't another girl in the state who should be on the same pitch with his kid....essentially claiming that others being allowed to participate and having the gall to accept spots on teams were ruining his kid's future.

Comment

Defensive much😆. I too was there watching this game from right behind the net that the NEFC goal was scored and 1) it did go in and cross the line CLEARLY. Sorry to bust your bubble. 2) As a parent of another NEFC team with many family friends on this team, I know that the 04’s were missing a center mid, and the other got hurt and played injured the whole game. Huge reason the Scorps controlled the middle more. But alas, still a tie. Scorps still had very few quality chances and then second half was pretty even both ways. Guess you missed the point of the OP with your defensiveness... but keep swinging at the windmills.
                                Sorry, but the midfielder who got hurt wasn’t impactful before she got hurt. She struggled in the midfield at the speed of play the scorpions were playing at and couldn’t connect and that was before going down. I also know many of the players on that team and they are good, but they were losing most of the matchups. No one missing was going to change that.

If you were at the game you know how lop-sided the possession was. NEFC couldn’t get the ball out of their defensive half in the first half and while the game opened up a little in the second, Scorpions still had twice the possession and scoring opportunities and continued to shoot right to the final whistle.

It’s a good result for NEFC and a poor one for Scorps, but that game goes to Scorpions 8 times in 10 it’s played. Both teams will have to up their game dramatically if they hope to get a result against Stars Blue 04. They are likely to come away undefeated.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X