Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The days of coaches using their teams as a dating ap are over. Parents, players and most importantly lawyers will not accept it. Look the other way at your own risk.
    Moron, lawyers are powerless here .... no laws broken in this case. Raise your kids in a manner that helps them to avoid this situation by walking away, no matter what the cost is to them in terms of other things they (or you) value. This case is getting enveloped by Epstein and Weinstein and, based on what we have all seen, is nothing like those.

Comment

Serious allegations against former SBU Head Coach

Unless you the kids father. Douche
      If this was my daughter...and the guy treated her like a princess, and I got grand kids out of the deal. I would have no problem at all. (is this not what every dad wants for their daughter?)

Comment

The days of coaches using their teams as a dating ap are over. Parents, players and most importantly lawyers will not accept it. Look the other way at your own risk.
        Schools, corporations etc normally have rules in place for workplace "entanglements" with good reason - to try and protect themselves from lawsuits. The accusations were from ten years ago and a) may not have been criminal b) at the time not been a fireable offense, even if it showed horrible judgement. If a coach wants to get involved he dam well better wait until the athlete has graduated and no longer under his charge.

No background check would have turned this up. Employers normally will only confirm employment and salary because they don't want to get sued for anything beyond that. It's all too easy for people to fly under the radar because there isn't a criminal record.

Comment

If this was my daughter...and the guy treated her like a princess, and I got grand kids out of the deal. I would have no problem at all. (is this not what every dad wants for their daughter?)
          You are just another ahole with no kids who will never understand.

Comment

Schools, corporations etc normally have rules in place for workplace "entanglements" with good reason - to try and protect themselves from lawsuits. The accusations were from ten years ago and a) may not have been criminal b) at the time not been a fireable offense, even if it showed horrible judgement. If a coach wants to get involved he dam well better wait until the athlete has graduated and no longer under his charge.

No background check would have turned this up. Employers normally will only confirm employment and salary because they don't want to get sued for anything beyond that. It's all too easy for people to fly under the radar because there isn't a criminal record.
            All coaches/trainers go through mandatory criminal background checks !

Comment

You are just another ahole with no kids who will never understand.
              You are obviously the real _sshole that types whatever BS you want without proof and Facts of anything....typical a holes like you are the reason America has the problems we do.

Comment

All coaches/trainers go through mandatory criminal background checks !
                Yes, but as was said, unless there is a criminal record most likely nothing will show up. It sounds like the prior employer didn't know because it wasn't reported.

Comment

Yes, but as was said, unless there is a criminal record most likely nothing will show up. It sounds like the prior employer didn't know because it wasn't reported.
                  I would imagine SBU will start an investigation as well as any place this jackass worked.

Comment

Relax Sparky .... no news there ... the guy married a former player when he was 24 .... anything in there was between young adults and consensual. Has he been doing it since he got married? Any underage girls? He exercised poor judgement in a work environment, but he broke no laws. Sorry, but when you look at the whole situation it really is not that big of a deal. From the article, this guy is no Epstein.
                    It’s criminal (sexual harassment) if the players felt like they had to sleep with him in order to keep their place on the team.

Comment

It’s criminal (sexual harassment) if the players felt like they had to sleep with him in order to keep their place on the team.
                      All depends on state laws at the time. It's not a federal crime but each state has it's own laws. Ten years ago the level of concern about this behavior wasn't what it is now. But here is the broader issue - if the player(s) never reported it the employer would never know. There are many reasons why victims don't report so I'm not faulting them. However, if the employer knew and simply let him go away quietly? That's the real problem and it's all legal. To protect themselves legally an employer won't say anything beyond a few facts in n official background check. So if there was no crime most likely nothing will come up in a background check. That's how these people can fly under the radar from job to job to job. If prospective employers have lots of personal connections in the business then making some other phone calls may turn up "off the record" commentary. Any whispers at all, stay away. Could an innocent person be rejected because of rumors? Sure. But you might be able to avoid this situation also.

Moving forward I bet there will be more unofficial background checks that include speaking with former players who were there around the time a coach left. A definite red flag is frequent job changes that don't make sense on paper. It's one thing if their career progression makes sense (moving up the career ladder) but a lot of lateral moves or even stops backwards don't.

Comment

I would imagine SBU will start an investigation as well as any place this jackass worked.
                        They should - not only to protect themselves from potential lawsuits, but also to se if they missed something or anyone was protecting him. Every university and athletic department should also review their employment contracts (in regard to coach behavior with players) and what channels athletes have to report incidents in a way they feel they will be heard.

Comment

So does EM! JG.
                          I can’t believe that EM would allow him to stay there.

Comment

I THINK I am being prejudiced against in my company because I am not the CEO and making a million dollars. She could have walked away and found out what happened. Even if true, not illegal if she was 18 ... just poor judgement. Perhaps she wasn't a starter and thought she could gain PT by doing it? What if she was drunk and horny? What if, what if, what if ..... ????? YOU DONT KNOW THE FACTS, GIVE IT A REST!!!

Comment

I THINK I am being prejudiced against in my company because I am not the CEO and making a million dollars. She could have walked away and found out what happened. Even if true, not illegal if she was 18 ... just poor judgement. Perhaps she wasn't a starter and thought she could gain PT by doing it? What if she was drunk and horny? What if, what if, what if ..... ????? YOU DONT KNOW THE FACTS, GIVE IT A REST!!!
                              You're the one who dredged it up, and victim shamed in the process too. Job well done.

Comment

This is not going to be over for awhile. If Yale does not pay BF his entire contract I'm sure there will be a lawsuit to follow

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X