Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This can’t be said enough! Check the degrees and employment outcomes for the graduates from the different college’s soccer rosters. Help your daughters choose wisely.
    So true. Four years goes by very quickly . Then what? I think in most cases, soccer will be an afterthought, soon after graduation.

Comment

So true. Four years goes by very quickly . Then what? I think in most cases, soccer will be an afterthought, soon after graduation.
      so are you saying that since no one makes a living at soccer after college, it therefore shouldn't be a priority when going to college? When selecting a college?

If that's true, then why should it be such a factor during HS? Why play and pay for elite travel club soccer in the first place? It doesn't matter, right?

Comment

so are you saying that since no one makes a living at soccer after college, it therefore shouldn't be a priority when going to college? When selecting a college?

If that's true, then why should it be such a factor during HS? Why play and pay for elite travel club soccer in the first place? It doesn't matter, right?
        Who said no one makes a living at soccer after college? Some go on to coach. A few go on to play professionally. Some of the better players who are adventurous go overseas to play in Europe. Average players play 3 or 4 years in college and then move on with their lives. The truly talented can do more, there just isn't a ton of that around here.

Comment

Who said no one makes a living at soccer after college? Some go on to coach. A few go on to play professionally. Some of the better players who are adventurous go overseas to play in Europe. Average players play 3 or 4 years in college and then move on with their lives. The truly talented can do more, there just isn't a ton of that around here.
          Also, pay is rising quite a bit for pro women players and Europe is driving it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...money-pours-in

The bottom of the article says it all: PSG currently pays an average Euro 10k/mo while Lyon is paying between 30-40k/mo Euro. Not for nothing, but that is better than Men's MLS pay here for everyone but the DP's from Europe.

Sorry, but I have no problem if my kid wants to go to France or England for a few years and get paid to kick the ball around after college. Even better if they can earn six figures doing it.

Comment

Also, pay is rising quite a bit for pro women players and Europe is driving it.

The bottom of the article says it all: PSG currently pays an average Euro 10k/mo while Lyon is paying between 30-40k/mo Euro. Not for nothing, but that is better than Men's MLS pay here for everyone but the DP's from Europe.

Sorry, but I have no problem if my kid wants to go to France or England for a few years and get paid to kick the ball around after college. Even better if they can earn six figures doing it.
            You are so confused. My D plays D3 at an elite LAC.
            Unlike her former clubmates who all went D1, my daughter is not owned by the coach, and she is free to do Study Abroad in Europe. I don’t get why you would want your daughter to have her European experience compromised by another organization that owns her. Instead of living, working playing with professional female footballers from all over Europe, it is so more authentic to live and study with other American students on similar journey. Why would anyone want to get paid $10k+ per month when The option to b pay $25k per term is right here

Comment

Unlike her former clubmates who all went D1, my daughter is not owned by the coach, and she is free to do Study Abroad in Europe. I don’t get why you would want your daughter to have her European experience compromised by another organization that owns her. Instead of living, working playing with professional female footballers from all over Europe, it is so more authentic to live and study with other American students on similar journey. Why would anyone want to get paid $10k+ per month when The option to b pay $25k per term is right here
              She certainly is free to study abroad but she’s also free to buy a ticket to watch former D1 players play while she’s over there. Once a payee always a payer.

Comment

She certainly is free to study abroad but she’s also free to buy a ticket to watch former D1 players play while she’s over there. Once a payee always a payer.
                LOL, BTNT. Is that what YOU bought? Europe for neurosurgery, right?

Comment

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Comment

Living the dream. LIVING THE DREAM.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                      also, pay is rising quite a bit for pro women players and europe is driving it.

the bottom of the article says it all: Psg currently pays an average euro 10k/mo while lyon is paying between 30-40k/mo euro. Not for nothing, but that is better than men's mls pay here for everyone but the dp's from europe.

Sorry, but i have no problem if my kid wants to go to france or england for a few years and get paid to kick the ball around after college. Even better if they can earn six figures doing it.
                      😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
                      😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Comment

This is some world class trolling right here
                        Took me a.sec to get it

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X