Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nescacs Style of Play

I know the top women’s teams in NESCAC this season. I’d like to know what style the NESCACs play- possession or direct. It likely depends on the school and coach and naming specific schools will help. We’re starting to look. Thanks.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know the top women’s teams in NESCAC this season. I’d like to know what style the NESCACs play- possession or direct. It likely depends on the school and coach and naming specific schools will help. We’re starting to look. Thanks.
    Then look. Asking anything here isn't going to help. You can find video of each team online

Comment

Then look. Asking anything here isn't going to help. You can find video of each team online
      Rather than immediately jump into 5 or 6 hours of video I chose to ask here. It is possible someone is familiar with the Trinity or Bates or Amherst program and their info might provide a direction. Geesh, why the impatience?

Comment

Rather than immediately jump into 5 or 6 hours of video I chose to ask here. It is possible someone is familiar with the Trinity or Bates or Amherst program and their info might provide a direction. Geesh, why the impatience?
        Because you are a troll.

Comment

Because there are numerous ways to get decent information without asking the nasty, drunken, agenda-filled idiots on TS (including moi).

You can check with members of your club that have already scouted NESCAC teams, or talk to people you know that play in the league. You can watch video. You can ask your club coaches. You can check the stats and see how many shots/goals are being scored by midfielders or defenders. And you wouldn't need more than 1 hour to get a reasonable video picture on a few schools to get you started...

Comment

Style is bad. Very, very bad. Hope this helps.

Comment

I vote: ‘troll’
              You could have easily written: ‘I want to start a new thread and came up with this idea’.
              The NESCACS play soccer. For anyone looking at NESCAC schools, it doesn’t really matter since you are attending for the academics and not the soccer.

Comment

So you’ve played club Ecnl /DA all these years for the education side of it ,got it.Cant beat that logic.

Comment

So you’ve played club Ecnl /DA all these years for the education side of it ,got it.Cant beat that logic.
                  The logic is actually sound.
                  ECNL/DA isn't about soccer anymore than NESCAC is about academics.
                  It's about selectivity, status signaling, and parent validation through their kid's achievements.

The demographic that aggressively pursues and pays for selective prestige-based club soccer experiences is also highly likely to pursue selective prestige-based higher education experiences.

ps: Not on a high horse, our family is 100% guilty too, merely sharing the logic

Comment

Pick the best academic fit first, followed by soccer fit. That's it. No "style" analysis required.

Comment

Harvard seems to not have that problem of academics first then total crap soccer.As do many of D1 and Ivy.

Comment

Pick the best academic fit first, followed by soccer fit. That's it. No "style" analysis required.
                        This is fantastic advice and the most important for NESCAC families.
                        Let's face it, if your kid could play, she'd be looking at Ivy. Right?
                        She doesn't really matter to soccer, why should soccer should matter to her?

But, maybe just but, soccer does matter to her. Maybe she actually is pretty good and wants to play for a Championship Contending team, while also getting a great education. If she wants to play, and wants soccer to be a positive part of her college experience, then you better darn look at style, cuz there ain't much worse than dedicating your life to soccer practice and not playing.

Comment

I vote: ‘troll’
                          You could have easily written: ‘I want to start a new thread and came up with this idea’.
                          The NESCACS play soccer. For anyone looking at NESCAC schools, it doesn’t really matter since you are attending for the academics and not the soccer.
                          You mean there's no way to go Pro or NT from there?

Comment

The logic is actually sound.
                            ECNL/DA isn't about soccer anymore than NESCAC is about academics.
                            It's about selectivity, status signaling, and parent validation through their kid's achievements.

The demographic that aggressively pursues and pays for selective prestige-based club soccer experiences is also highly likely to pursue selective prestige-based higher education experiences.

ps: Not on a high horse, our family is 100% guilty too, merely sharing the logic
                            Jealous much??

Almost every year there is a least one kid on Amherst and Williams who is good enough to have Ivy offers. At a minimum this the the kid who received the big Tip. Typically, the first team all-conference NESCAC players are good enough to have played Ivy.

Top tier NESCAC schools = pretty impressive; bottom tier, = not so much

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                              pick the best academic fit first, followed by soccer fit. That's it. No "style" analysis required.
                              bingo

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X