• Show
Clear All

Girls High School Soccer

Early season predictions??

I predict HS soccer will suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I predict HS soccer will suck.
      Shouldn't you be in class or doing homework or something?

Comment

Shouldn't you be in class or doing homework or something?
        No, I should be at DA practice.

Comment

Even there you can probably do better then "sucks" or maybe spend a little more time in class.

Comment

Unless you play at Fury and blatantly disregard the DA rules of playing no HS. It's a joke -- many of the rostered GDA players are SIMULTANEOUSLY playing HS and GDA. Paul Riley, these parents, and players have no respect for rules that others are following.

Comment

Unless you play at Fury and blatantly disregard the DA rules of playing no HS. It's a joke -- many of the rostered GDA players are SIMULTANEOUSLY playing HS and GDA. Paul Riley, these parents, and players have no respect for rules that others are following.
              I would not over react. It a kid wants to play HS, play HS. Maybe the best club option is still a gda club even with bending a silly rule. Maybe these players do not have another good club option. If you are sacrificing HS for club soccer, don't think that is necessary. If a kid is not interested in HS, then it not an issue anyway.

Comment

Girls High School Soccer

I would not over react. It a kid wants to play HS, play HS. Maybe the best club option is still a gda club even with bending a silly rule. Maybe these players do not have another good club option. If you are sacrificing HS for club soccer, don't think that is necessary. If a kid is not interested in HS, then it not an issue anyway.
                rules are only made to be broken.

"break some rules" A. Schwarzenegger

Comment

rules are only made to be broken.

"break some rules" A. Schwarzenegger
                  An organization that makes the rules then lets them be broken will never get the kind of loyalty or respect it is demanding from its players. This looking the other way will only get worse - players this year who see teammate play HS will say "screw it I'm doing that next year too." HS coaches are under no legal obligation to follow DA rules (unless there are state rules prohibiting club and HS play like CT has). Of course they'll take a player they think will make their team better (no, not all GDA players are "studs", just good players). It's up to the clubs and league to enforce their rules and they're not because it's the only way they can survive.

Comment

An organization that makes the rules then lets them be broken will never get the kind of loyalty or respect it is demanding from its players. This looking the other way will only get worse - players this year who see teammate play HS will say "screw it I'm doing that next year too." HS coaches are under no legal obligation to follow DA rules (unless there are state rules prohibiting club and HS play like CT has). Of course they'll take a player they think will make their team better (no, not all GDA players are "studs", just good players). It's up to the clubs and league to enforce their rules and they're not because it's the only way they can survive.
                    True, on the boys side, if they catch you, you are out, and labeled forever, better switch to LAX, and quickly!!

Comment

Girls High School Soccer

you are obviously a whiner and you obviously don't even know the meaning of the word....you never get respect....RESPECT is all ways earned!!!!!!

Comment

True, on the boys side, if they catch you, you are out, and labeled forever, better switch to LAX, and quickly!!
                        The boys side around here FUNDS their DA. Tell you what, have the gda clubs around here fund their programs. Then you can kick out any scofflaws you want and no one will object.

Comment

you are obviously a whiner and you obviously don't even know the meaning of the word....you never get respect....RESPECT is all ways earned!!!!!!
                          not following your own rules won't get you any respect

Comment

Girls High School Soccer

not following your own rules won't get you any respect
                            "your" respect is not what i want to earn...who the h_ll cares about your respect?

Comment

"your" respect is not what i want to earn...who the h_ll cares about your respect?
                              The league should care about getting respect from its own clubs, players and parents. It doesn't. If it did it wouldn't be looking the other way. They care more about keeping the league on life support.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X