X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Crossfire United ECNL class of '19 commits:

Friesen - University of Nevada/Reno: 4 games played, 1 start, averaging about 30-40 minutes, team is 1-3.

Peters - Stony Brook University: Team has played 4 games, she has not appeared in any.

Choate - D3 George Fox University: Team has played 2 games, she has not appeared in either.

Tetz - Oregon State: Team is 3-0, she appeared in two for a total of 14 minutes playing time.

Fendrich - D3 University of Redlands: Team is 2-0. She started both games and has one goal.

Bzewski - University of North Dakota: Team is 2-1-1. She has not appeared in any games.

Kirshten - Illinois State University: Team is 1-2. She has one start and one assist and averaging about 40 minutes/game.

Wiltshire - Mt. Royal University: Team hasn't played yet

Walters - Jackson State University: Team is 2-3. She has not appeared in any games.

Gonzales - D2 Western Oregon: Team hasn't played yet.

Anderson - Grand Canyon University: Team is 1-3. 4 starts, 2 goals, has played every minute.

Masters - D3 Lesley University: Team is 1-0. Didn't appear in first game.

My summary:

Thorns freshmen seem to be having more immediate success in college. It's very early so who knows how that shakes out over a season. But every Crossfire listed commit is enrolled in college and rostered on the team they commited to, so CU wins the honesty and transparency award by a mile, and has more 2019 commits than Thorns.
    title ix creates these opportunities. why not give the HS they came from some credit as well? HS is the platform these kids love the most and would never give it up.

Sorry you didn't realize there are over 700+ teams across all levels, schools gotta dig deep to find enough interested girls willing to cover the cost of school. Pay to play, thanks title ix.

Comment

Friesen - University of Nevada/Reno: 4 games played, 1 start, averaging about 30-40 minutes, team is 1-3.

Peters - Stony Brook University: Team has played 4 games, she has not appeared in any.

Choate - D3 George Fox University: Team has played 2 games, she has not appeared in either.

Tetz - Oregon State: Team is 3-0, she appeared in two for a total of 14 minutes playing time.

Fendrich - D3 University of Redlands: Team is 2-0. She started both games and has one goal.

Bzewski - University of North Dakota: Team is 2-1-1. She has not appeared in any games.

Kirshten - Illinois State University: Team is 1-2. She has one start and one assist and averaging about 40 minutes/game.

Walters - Jackson State University: Team is 2-3. She has not appeared in any games.

Anderson - Grand Canyon University: Team is 1-3. 4 starts, 2 goals, has played every minute.

My summary:

Thorns freshmen seem to be having more immediate success in college. It's very early so who knows how that shakes out over a season. But every Crossfire listed commit is enrolled in college and rostered on the team they commited to, so CU wins the honesty and transparency award by a mile, and has more 2019 commits than Thorns.
      1. You are a creeper straight up.

2. Pretty hilarious that 10k a year and all the ECNL BS propaganda got you the same types of commits as everyone else.

I bet if you polled the group now, how many would of said it was a waste and they didn’t need all that BS you cranked down their throats to get to legitimately schools that everyone can get into.

Comment

Paid 10k a year and wasted so much at CU to not get playing time at a D3 school.

Meanwhile the same teams you talked crap about around the area produced better players at a fraction of the cost and travel.

Comment

The same old same old. Too much dilution so we wind up with a bunch of good but no great teams at any age level.

Comment

My summary:

Thanks for doing this. Ignore all the actual creepers putting you down. They can’t handle real data coming at them. It is always interesting to see information and then make your own assumptions. Too little data is shared on TS. But a whole lot of BS is present with nothing to back it up. Thanks again. Would love to see an update in a month!

Comment

My summary:

And as a follow up, you can't do this for FCP ECNL because they haven't posted a list of their commits since 2016. Draw your own conclusions.

Comment

And as a follow up, you can't do this for FCP ECNL because they haven't posted a list of their commits since 2016. Draw your own conclusions.
                You can draw your own conclusion or watch some soccer from Gonzaga, Georgetown, Santa Clara, Cal, Portland, Seattle U, UofW, etc...

Comment

Soccer Power Houses

My summary:

Not exactly a list of soccer power houses in soccer. You paid how much to get your kid on these rosters ? Clark CC sounds like a pretty good deal right now.

Comment

You can draw your own conclusion or watch some soccer from Gonzaga, Georgetown, Santa Clara, Cal, Portland, Seattle U, UofW, etc...
                    You may be right. No one has any way of knowing because, as was previously mentioned, FCP hasn't shared a list of college commits since 2016. In this day and age when every run of the mill club touts their players moving on to the next level, that's strange.

Comment

1. You are a creeper straight up.

2. Pretty hilarious that 10k a year and all the ECNL BS propaganda got you the same types of commits as everyone else.

I bet if you polled the group now, how many would of said it was a waste and they didn’t need all that BS you cranked down their throats to get to legitimately schools that everyone can get into.
                      Hello! My daughter played ECNL. We didn’t pay anywhere near 10K per year. My daughter is playing college ball out of state that’s costing probably 1/4 of what it would be in-state. We couldn’t be more grateful for the ecnl opportunities and experience.

I can see someone is talking to themselves quite a bit on this thread. Particularly he title ix guy with way too much time on his hands who must be part of Thorns because he hates ecnl so much. Meanwhile, Thorns are at the bottom of their brackets again this year. Clearly Title ix guy is a nobody otherwise he’d be spending more quality time picking his nose at a desk while strategizing better ways to fix a failing program.

Comment

Hello! My daughter played ECNL. We didn’t pay anywhere near 10K per year. My daughter is playing college ball out of state that’s costing probably 1/4 of what it would be in-state. We couldn’t be more grateful for the ecnl opportunities and experience.

I can see someone is talking to themselves quite a bit on this thread. Particularly he title ix guy with way too much time on his hands who must be part of Thorns because he hates ecnl so much. Meanwhile, Thorns are at the bottom of their brackets again this year. Clearly Title ix guy is a nobody otherwise he’d be spending more quality time picking his nose at a desk while strategizing better ways to fix a failing program.
                        I am glad for you being happy with your decisions. No comment on Title IX guy, he could be from anywhere IMO. Just one clarification, the Thorns have not had one game yet this season. Hard to truly be at the bottom of an alphabetized bracket; no games played yet. I feel fairness is merited/needed here for any team in a season that has not started be it GDA, US Club (ECNL), USYS or heck AYSO leagues.

Comment

I am glad for you being happy with your decisions. No comment on Title IX guy, he could be from anywhere IMO. Just one clarification, the Thorns have not had one game yet this season. Hard to truly be at the bottom of an alphabetized bracket; no games played yet. I feel fairness is merited/needed here for any team in a season that has not started be it GDA, US Club (ECNL), USYS or heck AYSO leagues.
                          2018-19 final results over the summer, Thorns fail again. Thorns probably really love the alphabetization format though. Title IX guy is Thorns and talks to himself.

Comment

Lot's of opportunities to join squads at all levels for females involved in the activity of college soccer. This has no correlation to the quality or interest of players at HS or clubs, it's merely a byproduct of title IX legislation with college football scholarships having to be counterbalanced. Handouts like these desperately need placeholders/recipients since the quantity of quality players is very shallow in the activity. A big net is must be thrown out so minnows usually thrown back to the sea now are now included in the catch.

Asking the minnows to pay and fly across the nation year round so they can pick up their guaranteed food stamp voucher at the end of HS is truly a wonderful twist.

If you understand this reality, you gain perspective and realize travel only clubs in Oregon are simply a scam built off the backs of title ix opportunities.

Most Oregonians get it, sadly some don't and end up worshiping a league acronym.

Comment

Thanks for doing this. Ignore all the actual creepers putting you down. They can’t handle real data coming at them. It is always interesting to see information and then make your own assumptions. Too little data is shared on TS. But a whole lot of BS is present with nothing to back it up. Thanks again. Would love to see an update in a month!
                              OP here - It was fun to look at the different schools and see Oregon players making impacts in so many ways. I will try to do it again later in the season. I don't pay attention to anyone who reads what I post and then takes the time to tell me it's creepy or whatever. That's the ultimate self-own IMO. I've seen so much nastiness and Thorns/ECNL/TA posturing on here, I thought it would be fun to see some actual data about players success.

I don't think some Oregon freshmen not playing much yet is a black mark on the kid or their club/league of origin. The kid could be injured, they could be on a team that is senior laden in their position, or there could be other non-soccer issues at play. The point is, they wanted to play at the next level, they are enrolled in college and on a team (except for the two girls on the Thorns commit list), and hopefully they are happy where they are. Some teams don't play freshmen much and hopefully they are transparent about that in their recruiting. On the other hand, some teams play freshmen more in this preseason time, and once league starts rolling, those freshmen barely play. Some kids take a while to get comfortable at school and start rolling. For example I don't recall hearing much about the Wormdahl kid last year (freshman year), and she looks to be killing it this year.

Comment

2018-19 final results over the summer, Thorns fail again. Thorns probably really love the alphabetization format though. Title IX guy is Thorns and talks to himself.
                                Title 9 guy is crazy and hilarious. I love his little passive aggressive rants. He’s like a funny loser character on The Office. So obviously very jealous but predictably funny like the FCP got 4th place repeated lie guy. Maybe one in the same?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X