• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISL Boys 2019

Who are the pre-season favorites?
    Key losses and key returning players?
    Key recruits coming in?

Whichever school brings in the best international players.

Comment

Milton has to be the favorite with their returning talent and strong recruits. After them, I’d say it’s Middlesex and Rivers. BB&N is on the rise and Nobles will be in the mix too.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Milton has to be the favorite with their returning talent and strong recruits. After them, I’d say it’s Middlesex and Rivers. BB&N is on the rise and Nobles will be in the mix too.
        What's going on with Belmont Hill? They have been really lagging.

Comment

Milton should have the upper hand this year as several key players from Middlesex have graduated and they don't have adequate replacements. Nobles and BBN are similar to last year.

Comment

Milton should have the upper hand this year as several key players from Middlesex have graduated and they don't have adequate replacements. Nobles and BBN are similar to last year.
            Milton graduated the league MVP, another one of their top scorers and their goalie. So their losses may actually be a bit worse than middlesex. One big question is whether Brooks will slide back to the pack now that their dominant classes have all graduated. I would think Nobles would be better than last year--no real losses to graduation and top scorers all returning.

Comment

Milton graduated the league MVP, another one of their top scorers and their goalie. So their losses may actually be a bit worse than middlesex. One big question is whether Brooks will slide back to the pack now that their dominant classes have all graduated. I would think Nobles would be better than last year--no real losses to graduation and top scorers all returning.
              "league MVP" is way overkill for that player. As is often the case, officials who voted for him can be judgmentally blinded when they see youth national team experience. Good player no doubt, but ISL actual performance not deserving of league mvp or all american. All three players have good players replacing them. In addition their defense is even more solidified with two new academy players. Nobles should be their top competitor but quality of the team overall is not as good as Milton.

Comment

I'm new to the area and obviously completely ignorant of ISL. My kid may end up being desired by one of these schools when he gets to high school age, but he's not the boarding school type. The only ISL school anywhere near me is St. Georges, but am I correct to think they focus a little more on... well, it looks like they suck at just about every sport except maybe sailing. Are they the lone nerdy school in ISL?

Comment

I'm new to the area and obviously completely ignorant of ISL. My kid may end up being desired by one of these schools when he gets to high school age, but he's not the boarding school type. The only ISL school anywhere near me is St. Georges, but am I correct to think they focus a little more on... well, it looks like they suck at just about every sport except maybe sailing. Are they the lone nerdy school in ISL?
                  Wouldn't exactly describe STG as a "nerdy" place--I think "privileged" might be a better description (but of course that same word could apply to most of the league). Maybe the nicest campus in the league. They have not been a soccer power lately, but they have had their moments in other sports. I think they have simply not jumped on the recruiting bandwagon like many of the other boarding schools in the league. Certainly not in soccer. Depending on your point of view, that may be to their credit.

Comment

"league MVP" is way overkill for that player. As is often the case, officials who voted for him can be judgmentally blinded when they see youth national team experience. Good player no doubt, but ISL actual performance not deserving of league mvp or all american. All three players have good players replacing them. In addition their defense is even more solidified with two new academy players. Nobles should be their top competitor but quality of the team overall is not as good as Milton.
                    Nobles has arguably the top 1-2 punch in the league with their two All-ISL strikers. Those two are very difficult to contain. Look for Nobles to potentially win the league.

Comment

Nobles has arguably the top 1-2 punch in the league with their two All-ISL strikers. Those two are very difficult to contain. Look for Nobles to potentially win the league.
                      Nope. They will have their work cut out for them as goals are scored on them. Noble defense is weak. Oh and that goggled scrawny one is probably the most obnoxious on the field my kid has ever played with.

Comment

Nope. They will have their work cut out for them as goals are scored on them. Noble defense is weak. Oh and that goggled scrawny one is probably the most obnoxious on the field my kid has ever played with.
                        Rivers has the best center back pairing, best strike duo, and best GK. Milton has the best depth and all around talent. Rivers also has the best coach. Or perhaps just the most successful coach. I’m going with Milton to win followed by Rivers and then Middlesex.

Comment

Rivers has the best center back pairing, best strike duo, and best GK. Milton has the best depth and all around talent. Rivers also has the best coach. Or perhaps just the most successful coach. I’m going with Milton to win followed by Rivers and then Middlesex.
                          You do realize that there were two GKs on Rivers's roster last year, and they both graduated?

Comment

Yes. I stand by my statement. They will have the best GK in the league this year.

Comment

Yes. I stand by my statement. They will have the best GK in the league this year.
                              You’re in for a rude awakening mommy

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X