Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are similarly lobbying the NESCAC to let in another college - maybe Quinnipiac or Merrimack?
    Hmm, interesting take. So, are you advocating for a DIII conference lobbying to bring in DI teams? I guess maybe that does equate to this discussion. That would make ECNL a DIII program looking to bring in DI programs.

Hey, you brought it up.

[Insert sarcastic evil laugh here]

Comment

You pay thousand of dollars and drive to NJ for GAL.

Comment

You pay thousand of dollars and drive to NJ for GAL.

Again, you have no idea where I'm from and it's intentionally agnostic. Your attempts to flip the discussion around show your are now grasping at straws. I'm no the one who tried to use a small college soccer community trying to bring in DI schools as some kind of a point...

Comment

Again, you have no idea where I'm from and it's intentionally agnostic. Your attempts to flip the discussion around show your are now grasping at straws. I'm no the one who tried to use a small college soccer community trying to bring in DI schools as some kind of a point...
          Which clubs should replace Stars White & PDA White?

Comment

Hmm, interesting take. So, are you advocating for a DIII conference lobbying to bring in DI teams? I guess maybe that does equate to this discussion. That would make ECNL a DIII program looking to bring in DI programs.

Hey, you brought it up.

Yes. except it would be Merrimack and Quinn that would be doing the lobbying. While they have very good Hockey Teams and use D1 as a recruiting tool, they would kill to get into the NESCAC. Drop to D3, eliminate costly scholarships, and enjoy the badge of academic prestige and applicants that comes from being in the NESCAC. So yes, a perfect example where they are on the outside looking in and no one at the NESCAC has any plans any time soon to open the door to the likes of that rif raf

Comment

I will once again say it doesn't matter. There are clubs in MA that are every bit as equal as Stars JV, and same could be said for PDA JV. At the absolute minimum, they would increase the geographic reach, increase the # of clubs under their umbrella, and also weaken a competing league.

The only downsides are:

* Pride
              * Less $$$ for those two clubs.

Comment

Yes. except it would be Merrimack and Quinn that would be doing the lobbying. While they have very good Hockey Teams and use D1 as a recruiting tool, they would kill to get into the NESCAC. Drop to D3, eliminate costly scholarships, and enjoy the badge of academic prestige and applicants that comes from being in the NESCAC. So yes, a perfect example where they are on the outside looking in and no one at the NESCAC has any plans any time soon to open the door to the likes of that rif raf
                LOL. I don't think you know how colleges work. Nobody in DI lobbies to go into DIII.

Comment

I will once again say it doesn't matter. There are clubs in MA that are every bit as equal as Stars JV, and same could be said for PDA JV. At the absolute minimum, they would increase the geographic reach, increase the # of clubs under their umbrella, and also weaken a competing league.

The only downsides are:

* Pride
                  There are no such clubs and you provide no example, proving the point.

Comment

LOL. I don't think you know how colleges work. Nobody in DI lobbies to go into DIII.
                    ummm, you have no idea who I am. Think about what you just said again.
                    Do you really think that Quin and Merrimack wouldn't be willing to shoot 3 professors on the spot to get into the NESCAC?

Comment

There are no such clubs and you provide no example, proving the point.
                      LOL, keep telling yourself that, JVer

Comment

ummm, you have no idea who I am. Think about what you just said again.
                        Do you really think that Quin and Merrimack wouldn't be willing to shoot 3 professors on the spot to get into the NESCAC?
                        No, they would not.

Comment

Stars White is better than Blue.

Comment

The virus (and the shelter in place) are melting some brains. Is someone here really suggesting that Quinnipiac and/or Merrimack would desire NESCAC, and, more critically, that NESCAC would have even a nickel's worth of interest in either or those schools? The chance is less than zero. NESCAC is full, and actually over full with 11 schools. But if there was an opening, they'd be considering Vassar or maybe Union or Skidmore or stretch the geography to bring in Swat and Haverford.

Comment

The only downsides are:

* Pride
                              I'll stipulate that NEFC and SSS are every bit as good as the Stars White team right now. The problem is that including them does NOT increase the geo reach. This proximity to a competing club dilutes the regional talent (like GDA - ECNL) and lowers the national competitiveness of these teams. And oh yea, as you already pointed out, it costs them money and pride. Literally no reason to do it, especially when player poaching is as easy as it is. They are lined up.

As for the argument that reach is moot because Stars and PDA have two teams and thus duplicative coverage, you leave out that they control both of those teams and can Stack the players so that the best team really is the best - no dilution. This is a point you acknowledge as valid by calling the White teams "JV". Those team's Parents may indeed take a pride hit within Stars as the 2nd team, but guess what, they will be playing the same ECNL schedule and attending the same ECNL showcases, and getting exposed to the same college coaches who watch them play against the same ECNL competition. And with the addition of those great new players from GDA they will be even more competitive and may very well rival the Blue team at some age groups.

So you go snap your suspenders and declare your kid a member of the First Team Varsity at a JV club playing in a 3rd rate league. Just don't complain when you find yourself pining for the days when college coaches showed up at your tournaments. But hey, at least you will be properly social distancing.

Comment

The virus (and the shelter in place) are melting some brains. Is someone here really suggesting that Quinnipiac and/or Merrimack would desire NESCAC, and, more critically, that NESCAC would have even a nickel's worth of interest in either or those schools? The chance is less than zero. NESCAC is full, and actually over full with 11 schools. But if there was an opening, they'd be considering Vassar or maybe Union or Skidmore or stretch the geography to bring in Swat and Haverford.
                                Agreed. I made the comment. NESCAC would never let in either of those schools. Just like Stars will never let in NEFC.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X