Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DA player punching an opponent in the face

If a player on a DA team, playing in a non-DA tournament, gets a red card for punching a player in the face (a forward punching a defender that put the forward in his back pocket), is there any mechanism for the player to face discipline from the DA?

You'd think the player's club would discipline him, but that doesn't seem to be how the DA teams roll.

DA does not care. If it did not happen in “official match” with 3 or more videos to prove it happened then it did not happen.

Soccer is full of coaches and clubs skirting the rules in an effort to win at all cost.
    Integrity does not exist any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      If a player on a DA team, playing in a non-DA tournament, gets a red card for punching a player in the face (a forward punching a defender that put the forward in his back pocket), is there any mechanism for the player to face discipline from the DA?

You'd think the player's club would discipline him, but that doesn't seem to be how the DA teams roll.
      I think I know what incident you are talking about. The defender was grabbing the forwards junk whenever the ref wasn't looking. Got what he deserved.

Comment

If a non DA event (and few teams participate in non DA events) DA isn't going to know or care. It would have to be brought to their attention, and even then....If the player's coach or club doesn't discipline then there's nothing else to be done.

If the comment above is true the player reacted probably how any male would 😳😳😳.

Comment

I think I know what incident you are talking about. The defender was grabbing the forwards junk whenever the ref wasn't looking. Got what he deserved.
          maybe the forward liked it, but the gesture wasn't reciprocated??

Comment

There actually is a lengthy code for red cards (link) but 1) USSF would have to know 2) USSF would have to care. I haven't seen too many of them ever put into effect

http://www.ussoccerda.com/doclib/201...ary%20Code.pdf

Comment

Odd that that would happen and a kid wouldn’t complain about it a single time during the game.

Comment

Odd that that would happen and a kid wouldn’t complain about it a single time during the game.
                No time to complain. Do it once and you get hit. How many times would it take getting grabbed for you to retaliate?!?! Please don’t answer. I don’t need to know.LOL.

Comment

No time to complain. Do it once and you get hit. How many times would it take getting grabbed for you to retaliate?!?! Please don’t answer. I don’t need to know.LOL.
                  So it was once or "whenever the ref looked away"?

A player that loses their **** like that has a big weakness that every defender worth a dime will recognize immediately.

Some kids make the transition to high school age soccer, some (and their parents) want the refs to call every game like it's U10.

Comment

A player that loses their **** like that has a big weakness that every defender worth a dime will recognize immediately.

Some kids make the transition to high school age soccer, some (and their parents) want the refs to call every game like it's U10.
                    Decriminalize sexual assault? Nice try fascist. Good lord. So break state law and fifa law and excuse it as immaturity.

Comment

Decriminalize sexual assault? Nice try fascist. Good lord. So break state law and fifa law and excuse it as immaturity.
                      OMG, sexual assault? Get over it snowflake .... the defender won that battle! Forward was an idiot and could have cost his team big. Funny thing now is to see if other teams try to get in his head in bigger matches in similar fashion. It's sports and anything you can say or do to get into an opponents head is game on. This is where talented but stupid players get tripped up a lot. Sexual assault> You must be joking. #NotMeToo

Comment

OMG, sexual assault? Get over it snowflake .... the defender won that battle! Forward was an idiot and could have cost his team big. Funny thing now is to see if other teams try to get in his head in bigger matches in similar fashion. It's sports and anything you can say or do to get into an opponents head is game on. This is where talented but stupid players get tripped up a lot. Sexual assault> You must be joking. #NotMeToo
                        Wow; have read some dumb things on this board but it looks like you may have just claimed the prize for 2019. You really think that other teams are going to sit around and game plan "billy, whenever the ref is looking the other way, grab [the forward's] dick; lets see what happens". Although you did say in "a similar fashion" so something like that, but possibly worse (it is for "bigger matches" after all); and if it isn't that I do not even know what you really meant.

Wow.

How about just call it what it is; a desperate defender, probably outmatched physically, doing anything to get the forward off his game. A dumb idea, that has now taken on a life of its own thanks to this dumb post. I can't believe this actually has to be said out loud to another adult, but it is not appropriate to teach a young kid "anything you can say or do to get into an opponents head is game on". "Forget about skill, don't bother defending, just kick him or her in the back of the heal when ref is looking the other way" - would you really find that acceptable behavior on a soccer pitch, or in any other sporting event?

Comment

If anybody actually grabbed somebody in the junk they should get punched in the face. If you play that dirty be prepared for retaliation. Especially in just a scrimmage, I would applaud the kid for continually punching the instigator until the match was forfeited.

Comment

Meh, I've seen defenders grab some junk, give a wet willy, blow in someone's ear, step on their foot, you name it.

Suck it up folks. Player got every right to punch him back, but it's always the reaction that gets you caught. Ask Zidane.

Comment

I think that it is safe to say that most people have that weakness.

By the way, congrats, second dumbest post from 2019; the game planner a few post after this one will probably take the prize (maybe you also? Cant be two people that dumb on one string).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X