X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    3rd (or 4th) league down...

The girls on that team play club in the NPL B group with a relatively easy State Cup path through RI (Bruno, GPS RI and Bayside) to the 2nd tier of national championships.

Not DA, not ECNL, not State Cup in a much more difficult state like MA or CT. Lost to NEFC NPL team a couple of weekend's ago, which is technically NEFC's B team behind DA, making that team the C team.

Let's just calm down. Decent players, but nothing to brag about.
    See above...
    I am a parent that has no life and analyzes the tier level of club soccer. I've never played the game, coached, or officiated. I am just an expert. (or an ass)
    And I am definitely not smart enough to know I have been baited. I just need to spread my expert knowledge.

Comment

3rd (or 4th) league down...

The girls on that team play club in the NPL B group with a relatively easy State Cup path through RI (Bruno, GPS RI and Bayside) to the 2nd tier of national championships.

Not DA, not ECNL, not State Cup in a much more difficult state like MA or CT. Lost to NEFC NPL team a couple of weekend's ago, which is technically NEFC's B team behind DA, making that team the C team.

Let's just calm down. Decent players, but nothing to brag about.
      Boy someone must be real jealous their little Susie isn't on this team.

Those "decent players" have worked hard for everything they have achieved as a group. Some of them have the talent to maybe play at a higher level but choose to stay committed to this team and their coach because they actually enjoy each other and the environment they have created.

As for the girls themselves, you would be lucky to have any one of them as a daughter. They are committed, hard working, polite young ladies who just keep moving forward no matter the adversity placed in front of them.

No they may not win every game but they sure are fun to watch.

Signed
      A parent from the NEFC South Regional 2004 Girls.

Comment

Those "decent players" have worked hard for everything they have achieved as a group. Some of them have the talent to maybe play at a higher level but choose to stay committed to this team and their coach because they actually enjoy each other and the environment they have created.

As for the girls themselves, you would be lucky to have any one of them as a daughter. They are committed, hard working, polite young ladies who just keep moving forward no matter the adversity placed in front of them.

Signed
        and the bait has been taken..lol

Comment

Signed
          LOL...some of those players don't even get in varsity games unless it's garbage time!

Comment

Signed
            Can't get better if you don't challenge yourself at higher levels.

Comment

See above...
              I am a parent that has no life and analyzes the tier level of club soccer. I've never played the game, coached, or officiated. I am just an expert. (or an ass)
              And I am definitely not smart enough to know I have been baited. I just need to spread my expert knowledge.
              Played the game, coach the game. Been around club soccer for years. I know many of the players... club soccer is a small world, especially in RI. They are a good, not great team with a good coach. The top third of the roster is decent, with some players who could replace the bottom mid/bottom tier of the NPL team, but not good enough for DA. The bottom half of the roster is indistinguishable from a number of players/teams playing in the Premiership. The team lost their best forward to DA and picked up a defender who couldn't cut it at DA. That wasn't a net gain as this team struggles to score. The strength of the team is their possession and defense, but they are missing two strong defenders with ACL injuries and very rarely/ever play out of their comfort zone against better teams.

The truth can hurt, but the reality is RI is a small state that is overshadowed by MA. This team isn't even top 10 in MA with 3 ECNL teams, 2 DA teams (3 if you consider Seacoast) and a gaggle of strong NPL teams in the area. That's your competition. That's reality. 3rd team for NEFC, 3rd place in NPL B last Spring. Top 20 in MA, maybe top 15, but hey, you can call yourself National Champions and #1 in RI. Won't help come college recruitment time (HC's don't care about weak titles, only level of competition), but I'm sure it feels good.

As to my kid, you don't need to worry, she already plays on a top 5 team in MA. Nothing to be jealous about, just the facts.

Enjoy HS and your club season. Just don't take it too seriously. As I've stated above, you're a big fish in a very little pond.

Comment

Played the game, coach the game. Been around club soccer for years. I know many of the players... club soccer is a small world, especially in RI. They are a good, not great team with a good coach. The top third of the roster is decent, with some players who could replace the bottom mid/bottom tier of the NPL team, but not good enough for DA. The bottom half of the roster is indistinguishable from a number of players/teams playing in the Premiership. The team lost their best forward to DA and picked up a defender who couldn't cut it at DA. That wasn't a net gain as this team struggles to score. The strength of the team is their possession and defense, but they are missing two strong defenders with ACL injuries and very rarely/ever play out of their comfort zone against better teams.

The truth can hurt, but the reality is RI is a small state that is overshadowed by MA. This team isn't even top 10 in MA with 3 ECNL teams, 2 DA teams (3 if you consider Seacoast) and a gaggle of strong NPL teams in the area. That's your competition. That's reality. 3rd team for NEFC, 3rd place in NPL B last Spring. Top 20 in MA, maybe top 15, but hey, you can call yourself National Champions and #1 in RI. Won't help come college recruitment time (HC's don't care about weak titles, only level of competition), but I'm sure it feels good.

As to my kid, you don't need to worry, she already plays on a top 5 team in MA. Nothing to be jealous about, just the facts.

Enjoy HS and your club season. Just don't take it too seriously. As I've stated above, you're a big fish in a very little pond.
                What team does she play for? If the other parents are like you I want to make sure we stay far far away from them.

Comment

What team does she play for? If the other parents are like you I want to make sure we stay far far away from them.
                  I wouldn't worry, if your kid is on that team, she isn't good enough to make it. The coach's kid who left after a year for DA was smart, but again, he played professionally and likely knows how recruiting actually works.

Comment

I wouldn't worry, if your kid is on that team, she isn't good enough to make it. The coach's kid who left after a year for DA was smart, but again, he played professionally and likely knows how recruiting actually works.
                    That kid is the dirtiest player on that DA team. Very little talent, all brut.

Comment

That kid is the dirtiest player on that DA team. Very little talent, all brut.
                      She has talent and athleticism, but definitely dirty. Still, plenty of players and teams play that way. It’s part of the game.

Comment

Sure hate to be your kid

Their life must really suck

Comment

Looking forward to West dominating the soccer landscape next couple of years.

Comment

Rising senior, already can't wait for next season? Go skiing or something, enjoy the break.

Comment

Let us know how y'all do down in VA at Jefferson Cup... against some real competition. Then maybe we'll talk about "dominating the HS soccer landscape" in RI.

Comment

Let us know how y'all do down in VA at Jefferson Cup... against some real competition. Then maybe we'll talk about "dominating the HS soccer landscape" in RI.
                                You think the low divisions of jeffcup are "real competition"? Funny.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X