Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revs Academy training for girls

My daughter got invited to try out for a Revs training pool. She is doing so much already that we passed. Anyone have any feedback on the training? In particular 2006-2007 girls.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My daughter got invited to try out for a Revs training pool. She is doing so much already that we passed. Anyone have any feedback on the training? In particular 2006-2007 girls.
    We used to do Revs RDS before it was invite only/segregated. My D loved playing with/against the boys and it helped speed of play and physicality. We stopped once it was segregated as the skill level in the pool of girls players was too wide and she didn't get anything out of it. This was a couple of years ago. Not sure what you'll get now in terms of skill level. I know on the boys side, they will "disinvite" your player if they aren't up to a minimum level after the first session. If they are that selective with the girls, might be worth it.

Comment

We used to do Revs RDS before it was invite only/segregated. My D loved playing with/against the boys and it helped speed of play and physicality. We stopped once it was segregated as the skill level in the pool of girls players was too wide and she didn't get anything out of it. This was a couple of years ago. Not sure what you'll get now in terms of skill level. I know on the boys side, they will "disinvite" your player if they aren't up to a minimum level after the first session. If they are that selective with the girls, might be worth it.
      Is this in addition to regular club training?

Comment

Any girls programs help supplement the training costs for the boys. It's fine if you want extra training but that's about it. Depending on skill level and what club you're with it might not even be worth it.

Before embarking on any extra training, ask yourself why you're seeking and what you want your player to get out of it. Something like this may or may not fit their needs.

Comment

Is this in addition to regular club training?
          Yes. This was in addition to regular club training. She was a very good player on a mid-level team and we thought the extra touches and coaching in a different style would be beneficial, not to mention having to up her game against boys.

My theory, and I still hold to this, is that being exposed to coaching from different coaches and styles can only help soccer IQ development. That you only get better by leaving your comfort zone and that being forced to play against physically superior players will eventually improve speed of play and decision making under pressure. It helped, but we had to find alternatives once girls couldn't train with the boys. We did the Revs HS session this summer and she was the only girl in a group of 15 or so boys, so that was useful.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X