Boys 05

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say in the rest of the country the above is true. It's not the case in Oregon. With DA being so new, the top players are not currently in it. Most if not all of the 04 DA teams rostered kids that were playing D1 in the Spring, not Premiere. A few picked up some top players, but by no means are they the best players in Oregon right now. All those boys stayed in OYSA. The same thing happened with ECNL this year. Most of the top players did not go to FCP or Crossfire, and kids are dropping out of ODP like flies. Too many options are diluting the quality of teams we are putting out there. This is happening everywhere with the introduction of GDA and ENPL, and other local smaller clubs that strive to only will field Premiere or Regional/National level teams.

Comment

Most clubs absolutely put their top 04 players in the DA this year. To my knowledge only Westside did not. There are some very good players at clubs that were not eligible for the DA, particularly PCU and ADF, but the clubs that participated did not put their top teams in the OYSA (other than Westside).

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Most clubs absolutely put their top 04 players in the DA this year. To my knowledge only Westside did not. There are some very good players at clubs that were not eligible for the DA, particularly PCU and ADF, but the clubs that participated did not put their top teams in the OYSA (other than Westside).
        Correct. With ADF falling apart, many of those players will go to DA clubs next year. The PCU kids are now aware they can play DA and rose city futsal, so they will likely go to DA clubs as well.

Comment

DA, RTC, Premier Team.
          What's a kid to choose? All my son wants is to get better with the best competition. So where will it be next year? I know RTC isn't as "elite" as they make it out to be, but it's eyeballs I guess. My son just wants to play the best to see how he measures up, but all these different teams makes it muddy.
          Play in the DA where a club trains 3-4 days a week.

You are failing your child if he is a top level player playing the OYSA league. The game count is too much

Comment

How many clubs are continuing DA for u14?
            The pyramid across the country tends to narrow the club appointments slowly until at u15 the players are all consolidated into one or two clubs. Who's the lucky club that sits at the top of the Oregon pyramid? What happens to all the kids that get cut at u15? They spin back out to ADF, PCU, GPS where they can continue competing at a regional or national level?

Comment

Play in the DA where a club trains 3-4 days a week.

You are failing your child if he is a top level player playing the OYSA league. The game count is too much
              Fine with the first sentence, but that 2nd paragraph has got to be the stupidest ****ing thing I have seen all week. Games matter too much? Yeh, that is going to help our country compete with Mexico - tell kids games don't matter.

However, telling folks wins don't matter is great way for overpaid DOCs and coaches to escape any accountability what so ever.

Westside may be old school and I have disagreed with their approach on some things, but at least they admit they are trying to win and believe competing is something worth teaching.

Comment

How many clubs are continuing DA for u14?
                The pyramid across the country tends to narrow the club appointments slowly until at u15 the players are all consolidated into one or two clubs. Who's the lucky club that sits at the top of the Oregon pyramid? What happens to all the kids that get cut at u15? They spin back out to ADF, PCU, GPS where they can continue competing at a regional or national level?
                Timbers DA is atop the pyramid. The others that get cut play in OYSA league. ADF, PCU and GPS have never competed at a regional or national level. No OYSA club will with the new landscape of DA, ECNL siphoning off the majority of the top talent. The ADF and GPS leaders will sell a rosy outlook and they may have a team or two (along with a PCU) at times, but it won't be consistent.

If MP subsidizes the GDA like the does the boys, they will quickly become the place to play.

Comment

Shameless predictions for the weekend

Saturday games:

WT FC Red1 6, PCU 1
                  Copa 3 ETFC 1
                  CFC 3, IFC 2
                  Navy 3, ADF 1
                  WT FC Red2 3, 4H 2
                  RVT 2, Corvallis 0
                  Samba 3, BSC 2

Sunday games:
                  Copa 2, ADF 1
                  WT FC Red1 2, IFC 1
                  Navy 3, Crossfire 2
                  WT FC Red2 3, LYS 0
                  BSD 2, NEU PDX 0

Poor ADF. After all the winter drama, they start off spring league with Navy and Copa.

Comment

Timbers DA is atop the pyramid. The others that get cut play in OYSA league. ADF, PCU and GPS have never competed at a regional or national level. No OYSA club will with the new landscape of DA, ECNL siphoning off the majority of the top talent. The ADF and GPS leaders will sell a rosy outlook and they may have a team or two (along with a PCU) at times, but it won't be consistent.

If MP subsidizes the GDA like the does the boys, they will quickly become the place to play.
                    GPS girls have competed at a Regional level and will most likely be at Nationals this year. GPS also has national Youth teams that play all over the place. ADF 04 boys will be at Regionals. Both clubs attend Regional tournaments it seems. Not sure what PCU is doing with their top flight teams. Too early to call out consistency. All three clubs offer something at a high level other than DA or ECNL.

Comment

Final Copa 2 ETFC 0

Comment

Final Copa 2 ETFC 0
                        That's it? There is a whole lot of narrative missing their Copa Dad. Come on...You are better than this. It has been months since your last fireside chat. Please....You could start the story off like an NFL films video.....The winter wind is a Copa.....

Comment

That's it? There is a whole lot of narrative missing their Copa Dad. Come on...You are better than this. It has been months since your last fireside chat. Please....You could start the story off like an NFL films video.....The winter wind is a Copa.....
                          Can't do a fireside chat from the Lane CC parking lot. Now that I'm back home and have had dinner, here you go. (Minus the Howard Cosell impersonation, though if you prefer, you can imagine the following delivered in an English accent).

Was a wet, miserable, and fairly unremarkable game. That's not intended to be a criticism, just nothing out of the ordinary happened. Westside had the better of possession and got more chances, converting two of them. ETFC threatened a few times, banging one shot off the crossbar, but never found the back of the net. No sideline antics (everyone was too cold and wet to be ornery, I guess), no hard fouls or on-field pyrotechnics, no cards. Refereeing was mostly unremarkable (which for the refs is a GOOD thing), though Copa's first goal probably should have been called back for offside.

Tomorrow morning Copa gets ADF, assuming the weatherman doesn't get us all first.

Comment

Is OYSA now delaying publication of scores? None of this weekend's games have been reported yet.

Comment

Navy 2-1 ADF
                              WT FC 3-2 PCU
                              4H 6-3 Red2
                              BSC 4-3 Samba

Comment

Can't do a fireside chat from the Lane CC parking lot. Now that I'm back home and have had dinner, here you go. (Minus the Howard Cosell impersonation, though if you prefer, you can imagine the following delivered in an English accent).

Was a wet, miserable, and fairly unremarkable game. That's not intended to be a criticism, just nothing out of the ordinary happened. Westside had the better of possession and got more chances, converting two of them. ETFC threatened a few times, banging one shot off the crossbar, but never found the back of the net. No sideline antics (everyone was too cold and wet to be ornery, I guess), no hard fouls or on-field pyrotechnics, no cards. Refereeing was mostly unremarkable (which for the refs is a GOOD thing), though Copa's first goal probably should have been called back for offside.

Tomorrow morning Copa gets ADF, assuming the weatherman doesn't get us all first.
                                Thank you! Now it feels like soccer season again. You have my sympathy on the cold, wet conditions, as well as the drive. But at least your boys played through the conditions and came away with the win. Thanks again for the recap. I truly do enjoy your summaries. You do a great job of being fair and impartial.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X