Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Everybody is crapping on academies and I get it it is deserved. I am trying to figure out why one of the biggest money grabbers of all time, EDP, is basically getting a pass here. Please advise.
    No one is giving them a pass but then again no one has found them taking PPP loans yet. If they did they would be in a world of hurt.

Comment

You’re probably forgetting all the Zoom trainings. Everyone wants something for free in this world.
      If any club would have said we will be conducting the spring season via zoom only with no games or tournaments how many do you think would have paid for that? Could have used that money better on a trainer.

Comment

The way I see it is we broke in March. Had our online zoom sessions and have now got back playing in June and will play through until August. As well as a credit/refund. I’m kinda struggling to see the outrage?
        Because a lot of people either are changing teams, can't afford the club anymore, kid no longer interested or have other plans for summer. My daughter no longer plays for her covid team and they offered a credit that equaled gas for the week, less than 5% club cost and cost went up for next year.

Comment

Wonder how the lawsuits and convictions for fraud are going to effect youth soccer in NJ? IF a lot of these clubs did take PPP loans and don't actually qualify due to not actually being effected along with the largest league not giving refunds .... This could be very interesting.

Comment

This post is ludicrous. Just sayin’

Wonder how the lawsuits and convictions for fraud are going to effect youth soccer in NJ? IF a lot of these clubs did take PPP loans and don't actually qualify due to not actually being effected along with the largest league not giving refunds .... This could be very interesting.

Comment

If any club would have said we will be conducting the spring season via zoom only with no games or tournaments how many do you think would have paid for that? Could have used that money better on a trainer.
              I don’t know what your club did, but in ours we played games on zoom.

Comment

This post is ludicrous. Just sayin’
                It really isn’t. Maybe read some of the articles on federal charges for companies abusing the PPP loans...just sayin’

Comment

Oh but I’m sure you’re daughter didn’t miss a single Zoom practice. Can’t have your cake and eat it too.

It really isn’t. Maybe read some of the articles on federal charges for companies abusing the PPP loans...just sayin’

Comment

Agreed. What hypocrites.

Oh but I’m sure you’re daughter didn’t miss a single Zoom practice. Can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Comment

if zoom is the equivalent, why not offer zoom training for this Fall and Spring instead of normal training and see how many families sign up for your zoom training. Not so many I bet. Zoom training was a poor, but only way ,to keep parents/kids engaged in the club. it provided a poor substitute for the real thing, but gave the club a reason to withhold substantial refunds.

Its existence was more for the club and its coaches than the child.

Comment

Correct. So what’s the issue?

if zoom is the equivalent, why not offer zoom training for this Fall and Spring instead of normal training and see how many families sign up for your zoom training. Not so many I bet. Zoom training was a poor, but only way ,to keep parents/kids engaged in the club. it provided a poor substitute for the real thing, but gave the club a reason to withhold substantial refunds.

Its existence was more for the club and its coaches than the child.

Comment

This response tells you all you need to know about this organization.

Comment

This response tells you all you need to know about this organization.
                            Sad to see what happened to STA. Terrible what they did to us.

Comment

This year we were moving over after hearing good reviews however this decision they made is selfish and unjustifiable... It didn’t thankfully directly involve our family at the time as we would start for the 2020/21 season but what if it happens again? Will I get a refund if so? Too much uncertainty. I feel terrible for those families which are tied up financially. These programs are not cheap! We’ll be heading straight back to our previous club and it’s just embarrassing that someone thinks this is acceptable. If those other listed clubs have in fact done exactly the same they should also be ashamed.

Comment

This year we were moving over after hearing good reviews however this decision they made is selfish and unjustifiable... It didn’t thankfully directly involve our family at the time as we would start for the 2020/21 season but what if it happens again? Will I get a refund if so? Too much uncertainty. I feel terrible for those families which are tied up financially. These programs are not cheap! We’ll be heading straight back to our previous club and it’s just embarrassing that someone thinks this is acceptable. If those other listed clubs have in fact done exactly the same they should also be ashamed.
                                Just waiting for another coach to defend those actions again because they are clearly posting a lot on this forums to beyond obvious.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X