Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a my options for premier u12B?

My son is u12 and primarily plays goal keeper. He has done keeper training privately, ODP and Revs RDS. Don’t know much about premier but have been told to get into premier and out of his present club. Any insight would be great thanks

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My son is u12 and primarily plays goal keeper. He has done keeper training privately, ODP and Revs RDS. Don’t know much about premier but have been told to get into premier and out of his present club. Any insight would be great thanks
    It is going to be tough to break into a good premier team as a GK. Most teams even at this age already have a solid to good GK. I would take this week and go and scout out some of the bigger club teams like Baysidefc, Bruno, Nefc and GPS. See which team's GK your son could beat out and then go to tryouts. If your son has done ODP ask his coach. They will know what teams need a GK .Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It is going to be tough to break into a good premier team as a GK. Most teams even at this age already have a solid to good GK. I would take this week and go and scout out some of the bigger club teams like Baysidefc, Bruno, Nefc and GPS. See which team's GK your son could beat out and then go to tryouts. If your son has done ODP ask his coach. They will know what teams need a GK .Good luck!!
      Every premier team would always love to have 2 good GK’s to compete, train together, and be ready for injuries to the other. At U12 U13 and up most premier clubs will split halves with GK’s during regular season games. Some premier teams will play only 1 GK for state cup or NPL playoff games. There’s plenty of playing time and opportunities available for GK’s.

Comment

Good news is there isn't as much competition for keepers. If he is decent, I would try to get him on a club that has multiple teams.

For example, GPS has four teams at the u12 level in the state of RI, so there will be room.

Comment

If you're a goalie, you'll have a job for life.

I shop up at men's indoor places with a bag of shirts and my gloves. I'm booked from 7 until midnight.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X