Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    04s, 02s, 01s and 99s from Eugene all made the finals? That's impressive! Who knew little old Eugene was the girls soccer capital of Oregon. Going to the finals in 4 out of the 5 main girls high school age groups must be rare.
    Eugene won 5 state cups in 2014, 4 were girls' teams. Rare, but not an accident.

Comment

04s, 02s, 01s and 99s from Eugene all made the finals? That's impressive! Who knew little old Eugene was the girls soccer capital of Oregon. Going to the finals in 4 out of the 5 main girls high school age groups must be rare.
      Impressive. A combination of always been a good club and being isolated & protected from losing many players to other strong club teams or to the new shiny elite leagues. Any losses are quickly made up for by bringing in diamonds from surrounding smaller towns. Unlike most other teams, Eugene's location benefits the club by gaining more diamonds than they lose to the 2hr drive to Portland. Eugene's 99s have always been a top Oregon team coached by the doc & winning many state cups even back when all the biggies played in one league. The 00s were in the top mix but were a casualty of birth year change & sadly disbanded due to numbers. However, disbanding the 00s strengthened the already top 99s & the 01s. The 01s have also been in the top mix since the OPL days, winning state once & being finalists multiple times. The 02s have been Eugene's surprise shining star, created from leftovers from the birth year change, players cut from 01 and several very strong players from local rec teams that used to compete toe to toe with the club players. Mostly written off by their own club, the 02s have beat the odds against them & scrapily risen to the top with their scrappy & dedicated coach. If given more doc & club support, the forgotten 02s would end up being the best girls team in the club by far. The 04s lost several of their top players to the 03s due to birth year change but have multiple state & even national track stars and many talented soccer players. Too early to tell but the sky could be the limit for the 04s as more and more 04s from other clubs migrate out of oysa & to the elite leagues. The doc's flagship '99s are graduating so watch out for whichever team he chooses to coach next.

Comment

Impressive. A combination of always been a good club and being isolated & protected from losing many players to other strong club teams or to the new shiny elite leagues. Any losses are quickly made up for by bringing in diamonds from surrounding smaller towns. Unlike most other teams, Eugene's location benefits the club by gaining more diamonds than they lose to the 2hr drive to Portland. Eugene's 99s have always been a top Oregon team coached by the doc & winning many state cups even back when all the biggies played in one league. The 00s were in the top mix but were a casualty of birth year change & sadly disbanded due to numbers. However, disbanding the 00s strengthened the already top 99s & the 01s. The 01s have also been in the top mix since the OPL days, winning state once & being finalists multiple times. The 02s have been Eugene's surprise shining star, created from leftovers from the birth year change, players cut from 01 and several very strong players from local rec teams that used to compete toe to toe with the club players. Mostly written off by their own club, the 02s have beat the odds against them & scrapily risen to the top with their scrappy & dedicated coach. If given more doc & club support, the forgotten 02s would end up being the best girls team in the club by far. The 04s lost several of their top players to the 03s due to birth year change but have multiple state & even national track stars and many talented soccer players. Too early to tell but the sky could be the limit for the 04s as more and more 04s from other clubs migrate out of oysa & to the elite leagues. The doc's flagship '99s are graduating so watch out for whichever team he chooses to coach next.
        Neutral poster here...I've seen wash t 02 team play and I have serious doubts that Eugene 02 will do anything but chase them around. Just saying. Good on Eugene for having successful teams.

Comment

Neutral poster here...I've seen wash t 02 team play and I have serious doubts that Eugene 02 will do anything but chase them around. Just saying. Good on Eugene for having successful teams.
          WT Copa just beat wash t 02s so anything can happen. Wash t o2s also won the 01 league so no shame in losing to them this year. The Wash 02s are their club's flagship girls team. Eugene 02s are a forgotten afterthought. If the Eugene 02 team got more, ok any, doc & club support, they would add top 02s, be more polished and beat Wash more times than not. Just saying what they've done with nothing is impressive. More impressive, is Eugene isn't a one hit wonder girls club like Wash, Salem and others.

Comment

WT Copa just beat wash t 02s so anything can happen. Wash t o2s also won the 01 league so no shame in losing to them this year. The Wash 02s are their club's flagship girls team. Eugene 02s are a forgotten afterthought. If the Eugene 02 team got more, ok any, doc & club support, they would add top 02s, be more polished and beat Wash more times than not. Just saying what they've done with nothing is impressive. More impressive, is Eugene isn't a one hit wonder girls club like Wash, Salem and others.
            Ok, Eugene 02 parent, how specifically do you feel “overlooked” by the club and DOC? That’s an intriguing thing to say.

Comment

Those top 02s won't come down till the coach changes in the 02 age group. Know your full story before you stary blaming others. We are proud of our club and our teams.

Comment

Ok, I've got one more week in the club and then my daughter graduates out so I will be happy to address this bat**it crazy post.

First, my daughter plays on the 99's. They are a strong team with an outstanding coach. He would be the first to tell you that they never won a state cup until the ECNL teams left the mix. They won state three years in a row, and he reminded them of that every year - that yes, that victory was sweet, but there were better teams out there in leagues we weren't competing in. So the statement you made about 99's winning before the split was false.

Second, the 01's are a strong team and have been a competitive team for years. They have not been state finalists multiple times. They were state finalists once before this year. They are well coached and seem to have great chemistry right now. But the statement that they were state finalists multiple times is false.

I will save the 02's for the end for obvious reasons.

The 04's - what are you even talking about? Did you mix them up with the 03's? National track stars? Who? You got that group so wrong and mixed up I don't even know where to begin, except to say the 03's (coached by club DOC and 99 coach) and the 04's both look to be contenders for a while.

Now, let's talk about your 02 team. You say that they are overlooked by the club and ignored by the DOC. You say top 02's were taken from your team. Someone else blames the coach. Here are the facts.

The 02's coach was the head coach for our 99 B team for years. They won back to back Presidents Cups under him. He is a great coach. Loud, passionate, demanding - absolutely. But top notch in terms of skills and commitment to the team. He is not the problem.

As far as top 02's being taken from your team, my understanding with play ups is that it is 100% the players choice which team to play on, if she has the skill to play on the older team. We have a play up on the 99's who has been with us for years, but if she had ever wanted to play on the 00's, that would have been her decision. No one was forcing her to play up, in other words, and I'm sure that's the case with these "top 02's" that are apparently playing on the 01 team.

If you have a team that's winning, and players who could be top players on that team are choosing to play on another team, and you have a good coach...well, it's time to look in the mirror. We hear your parents at games, criticizing their own players and their kids' teammates. We hear your conversations about needing a few more good players and news flash - the parents on your team whose kids are not as skilled hear it too. They understand that what you are really saying is you want their kid gone and someone better to replace her. And while that may be true, it is gross and rude to say it out loud. Your parent group has a terrible reputation in the club for this stuff. Eugene is a small town. Can you blame those "top 02's" for not wanting to join that dysfunction? Can you blame their parents for not wanting to join that dysfunction?

You have a strong team and a strong coach. Instead of playing the victim game that you are the forgotten, overlooked team in the club, try being better human beings. Try enjoying your kids playing and being successful without tearing down other people's kids. And try being humble. You talk about wanting to be the best team in your club - why? What does that get you if you are better than the 01's or 03's? Your competition is apparently up in Vancouver and that's who you should be concerned with.

In closing I will say that we have been very lucky in our time with Eugene Metros/Timbers. My daughter has made great friends and Jurgen and the other coaches have been fantastic. But parents like the one who wrote this post are the reason I won't miss club soccer when she heads off to college next year.

Comment

Eugene won 5 state cups in 2014, 4 were girls' teams. Rare, but not an accident.
                  Eugene should be strong both boys and girls. There’s no competition for players down there

Comment

To the Eugene posters above. I don’t know the soccer details of the orders so you both know way more than me but the Eugene 04 team has two players that have competed extremely well in State (way better than the 03s) & at Nationals in both track and XC and one even took first place at Nationals. The 03s have some fairly fast players but zero track stars. There are a 5 or 6 02s that are faster than the 03s at every sprint & middle distance. The fastest 02 distance runner quit soccer and just runs track now. It’s easy to look the track times up and you won’t find an 03 until way way down the list. Doesn’t mean the 03s aren’t superstar soccer players & they might look fast but there isn’t a single track time for the 03s that’s greater than about 75th in State. All those girls ran track together and against one another so it was rather obvious. The 04s are in the top 3 in State for track & xc and several of the 02s are top 3 - top 25. As far as soccer, the 04s also have a player that made the Thorns Academy team and a player that was selected for National ODP Camp. None of that can be said for the 03s or the 02s. Although, several 03s did try out. I’m not saying the 04s are the best team in the club or that they’re better than the 03s at soccer but they shouldn’t be sold short on their accomplishments either.

Comment

To the Eugene posters above. I don’t know the soccer details of the orders so you both know way more than me but the Eugene 04 team has two players that have competed extremely well in State (way better than the 03s) & at Nationals in both track and XC and one even took first place at Nationals. The 03s have some fairly fast players but zero track stars. There are a 5 or 6 02s that are faster than the 03s at every sprint & middle distance. The fastest 02 distance runner quit soccer and just runs track now. It’s easy to look the track times up and you won’t find an 03 until way way down the list. Doesn’t mean the 03s aren’t superstar soccer players & they might look fast but there isn’t a single track time for the 03s that’s greater than about 75th in State. All those girls ran track together and against one another so it was rather obvious. The 04s are in the top 3 in State for track & xc and several of the 02s are top 3 - top 25. As far as soccer, the 04s also have a player that made the Thorns Academy team and a player that was selected for National ODP Camp. None of that can be said for the 03s or the 02s. Although, several 03s did try out. I’m not saying the 04s are the best team in the club or that they’re better than the 03s at soccer but they shouldn’t be sold short on their accomplishments either.
                      Since when does track have anything to do with being good at soccer? And... my dd made thorns academy too lol doesn't mean much sorry to say! Yeah my dd good but the program isn't and I saw plenty go through who weren't good enough while others who were didn't get chosen because of politics. Little did those who didn't get chosen know that it was a blessing in disguise.

Comment

Ok, I've got one more week in the club and then my daughter graduates out so I will be happy to address this bat**it crazy post.

First, my daughter plays on the 99's. They are a strong team with an outstanding coach. He would be the first to tell you that they never won a state cup until the ECNL teams left the mix. They won state three years in a row, and he reminded them of that every year - that yes, that victory was sweet, but there were better teams out there in leagues we weren't competing in. So the statement you made about 99's winning before the split was false.

Second, the 01's are a strong team and have been a competitive team for years. They have not been state finalists multiple times. They were state finalists once before this year. They are well coached and seem to have great chemistry right now. But the statement that they were state finalists multiple times is false.

I will save the 02's for the end for obvious reasons.

The 04's - what are you even talking about? Did you mix them up with the 03's? National track stars? Who? You got that group so wrong and mixed up I don't even know where to begin, except to say the 03's (coached by club DOC and 99 coach) and the 04's both look to be contenders for a while.

Now, let's talk about your 02 team. You say that they are overlooked by the club and ignored by the DOC. You say top 02's were taken from your team. Someone else blames the coach. Here are the facts.

The 02's coach was the head coach for our 99 B team for years. They won back to back Presidents Cups under him. He is a great coach. Loud, passionate, demanding - absolutely. But top notch in terms of skills and commitment to the team. He is not the problem.

As far as top 02's being taken from your team, my understanding with play ups is that it is 100% the players choice which team to play on, if she has the skill to play on the older team. We have a play up on the 99's who has been with us for years, but if she had ever wanted to play on the 00's, that would have been her decision. No one was forcing her to play up, in other words, and I'm sure that's the case with these "top 02's" that are apparently playing on the 01 team.

If you have a team that's winning, and players who could be top players on that team are choosing to play on another team, and you have a good coach...well, it's time to look in the mirror. We hear your parents at games, criticizing their own players and their kids' teammates. We hear your conversations about needing a few more good players and news flash - the parents on your team whose kids are not as skilled hear it too. They understand that what you are really saying is you want their kid gone and someone better to replace her. And while that may be true, it is gross and rude to say it out loud. Your parent group has a terrible reputation in the club for this stuff. Eugene is a small town. Can you blame those "top 02's" for not wanting to join that dysfunction? Can you blame their parents for not wanting to join that dysfunction?

You have a strong team and a strong coach. Instead of playing the victim game that you are the forgotten, overlooked team in the club, try being better human beings. Try enjoying your kids playing and being successful without tearing down other people's kids. And try being humble. You talk about wanting to be the best team in your club - why? What does that get you if you are better than the 01's or 03's? Your competition is apparently up in Vancouver and that's who you should be concerned with.

In closing I will say that we have been very lucky in our time with Eugene Metros/Timbers. My daughter has made great friends and Jurgen and the other coaches have been fantastic. But parents like the one who wrote this post are the reason I won't miss club soccer when she heads off to college next year.
                        We actually love Bryn as a coach. He’s done a great job with this team. We are hoping he stays with the girls as they finish out high school soccer. We don’t feel overlooked. Jurgen has been to our games when his schedule allows and has provided some great coaching when he is there. I think there is a lot of misinformation about our team that runs through this board. We play at 10 on Sunday. Feel free to join us on the sidelines and introduce yourself. I think you would be surprised if you got to know some of us. Good luck to all the teams playing Sunday. It should be a beautiful day for soccer.

Comment

We actually love Bryn as a coach. He’s done a great job with this team. We are hoping he stays with the girls as they finish out high school soccer. We don’t feel overlooked. Jurgen has been to our games when his schedule allows and has provided some great coaching when he is there. I think there is a lot of misinformation about our team that runs through this board. We play at 10 on Sunday. Feel free to join us on the sidelines and introduce yourself. I think you would be surprised if you got to know some of us. Good luck to all the teams playing Sunday. It should be a beautiful day for soccer.
                          I’ve seen your team play and heard your parents talk firsthand. No need to do it again. As far as misinformation on this board all I can say is there’s a reason for that. You don’t come on here and read about Eugene’s 99’s or 00’s (when they had an 00 team) or 01’s. Just this team. My advice to you is get your parents under control both on the sidelines and at their computers.

Comment

If all the 02's were healthy and played together we would beat the 99's and the 01's. They don't play together because our coach is disrespectful and we wait every game for the inevitable tantrum on the sideline. Even though we like the technical coaching, it would be nice to watch a game without him screaming at them. We can't just go to another club in the Portland metro area when we don't like our coach.

Speaking of disrespectful, when is '99 mom going to start teaching her kid to be respectful? A little late if she's going off to college. I'm glad you feel you can speak freely, don't let anything hit your backside on your way out of our club!

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                              if all the 02's were healthy and played together we would beat the 99's and the 01's. They don't play together because our coach is disrespectful and we wait every game for the inevitable tantrum on the sideline. Even though we like the technical coaching, it would be nice to watch a game without him screaming at them. We can't just go to another club in the portland metro area when we don't like our coach.

Speaking of disrespectful, when is '99 mom going to start teaching her kid to be respectful? A little late if she's going off to college. I'm glad you feel you can speak freely, don't let anything hit your backside on your way out of our club!
                              next play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I love reading other club's drama; the best in when no troll is involved, just pure unadulterated adult angst/competitiveness/lack of accountability.

Kind of like the smell of napalm in the morning.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X