Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They just raised fees 50% and are centering their program around Eastside and Westside?

Oh boy.
    That’s too bad about westside and Eastside. The fees are getting up there to travel team cost. For $3,150 that will cover 2-3 trips.

Comment

Fees are still a good deal.

The coaching is not.

There is one coach on their entire staff that knows what they are doing. CT

The rest???? What a joke.

Comment

That’s too bad about westside and Eastside. The fees are getting up there to travel team cost. For $3,150 that will cover 2-3 trips.
        Google ‘Eastside thorns’.

Their website appears to indicate the thorns Academy is moving to Eastside Timbers? I’m not sure what to say about that.

Comment

“Eastside Timbers is proud to announce our partnership with Portland Thorns FC, as our girls competitive program becomes Eastside Thorns FC”

Comment

Crazy

Lots of panic on this forum about nothing.

Eastside branded its girls program the Eastside Thorns, similar to the boys Eastside Timbers. Here is the difference, the girls will wear Nike and the boys Adidas. Both boys and girls will play OYSA

The Thorns academy is still the Thorns academy doing whatever they do playing GDA. They are just renting field space from clubs that have built their own facilities, Eastside and Washington or have access to fields, Westside.

ECNL is the same too except they added a few Seattle team to the league.

Not much on the soccer landscape has changed. Parents still pouring lots of money into club soccer for what? To play college soccer? I thought the idea of college was to get an education and set yourself up for success. Athletics should be a bonus not the priority.

And to the person who is going to reply club soccer is to learn life lessons, BS! For parents it is about keeping up with the Jones's.

Comment

Lots of panic on this forum about nothing.

Eastside branded its girls program the Eastside Thorns, similar to the boys Eastside Timbers. Here is the difference, the girls will wear Nike and the boys Adidas. Both boys and girls will play OYSA

The Thorns academy is still the Thorns academy doing whatever they do playing GDA. They are just renting field space from clubs that have built their own facilities, Eastside and Washington or have access to fields, Westside.

ECNL is the same too except they added a few Seattle team to the league.

Not much on the soccer landscape has changed. Parents still pouring lots of money into club soccer for what? To play college soccer? I thought the idea of college was to get an education and set yourself up for success. Athletics should be a bonus not the priority.

And to the person who is going to reply club soccer is to learn life lessons, BS! For parents it is about keeping up with the Jones's.
              I wouldn't characterize the response to this as panic.

Comment

Their website appears to indicate the thorns Academy is moving to Eastside Timbers? I’m not sure what to say about that.
                A big sign that says Eastside Thorns apoeared at the new Eastside park. It’s on.

Comment

No, their website indicates their girls' teams are now called "Eastside Thorns".

Nothing to do with Thorns Academy.

Comment

No, their website indicates their girls' teams are now called "Eastside Thorns".

Nothing to do with Thorns Academy.
                    So they just changed their names to the Eastside Thorns because they like the sound of it? And the Academy will now practice at completely different locations? Yup, nothing to do with the academy. Smart money says the actual GDA license now resides under the Eastside Thorns!!!

Comment

So they just changed their names to the Eastside Thorns because they like the sound of it? And the Academy will now practice at completely different locations? Yup, nothing to do with the academy. Smart money says the actual GDA license now resides under the Eastside Thorns!!!
                      I heard that the Timber Alliance Clubs Girl's teams were going to be called "Thorns" 5 years ago. Just. Ow happening I guess.

Comment

A big sign that says Eastside Thorns apoeared at the new Eastside park. It’s on.
                        It’s a good fit. Eastside has never been much on high school girls teams.

Comment

just banter

Just ECNL poo

Eastsdie is not the Thorns. CU and FC scarred their meal tickets will leave for the Thorns academy.

It would suck for them, free vacations paid by the parents hopes and dreams for their kids. Responsible parents would save that big ECNL bill for college tuition and a better future for their little girl.

I can just see it now. Dad coming home after work to little Suzy who says but all my friends play for the ENCL and mom standing their with her arms crossed tapping her foot. Dad just right the check for 10K so you don't have to sleep with one eye open.

Comment

After the poor showing for the thorns I personally think Eastside Timbers is the right destination for them.

Comment

After the poor showing for the thorns I personally think Eastside Timbers is the right destination for them.
                              If it's Peregrine's intent to kill the program, then giving it to Eastside is perfect.

Comment

Smart money says you are full of sh!t.

Looks like the ECNL trolls are out in force tonight, desperately peddling the lie that ET is taking over the Thorns Academy. Despite being debunked repeatedly, this lie is being pushed over and over again.

At least tryouts are over next week.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X