Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ‘06’s are picked to 13 players. PTFC is now looking for 5-6 DP’s for Training.
    Hogwash.

So many people write crap in bad faith here. So lame.

Comment

Hogwash.

So many people write crap in bad faith here. So lame.
      I can say the same. PTFC already have offered spots. They know who they want. If they didn’t know already then they would be failing at their jobs. Which is a whole other conversation. They have their ‘06 team chosen already. Did they pick the best players? That’s another conversation.

Comment

I can say the same. PTFC already have offered spots. They know who they want. If they didn’t know already then they would be failing at their jobs. Which is a whole other conversation. They have their ‘06 team chosen already. Did they pick the best players? That’s another conversation.
        They shouldn't be picking the "best" players. They should be picking the players whom they think will be the "best" at U23. Big difference between U23 and U12.

Comment

They shouldn't be picking the "best" players. They should be picking the players whom they think will be the "best" at U23. Big difference between U23 and U12.
          This is one reason Academy probably shouldn’t even start until u15. This little TA is a bit silly and frankly a burn out for a lot of the boys. Have fun commuting to Eastside where you can enjoy the sound of the Portland Gun Club after a long drive.

Comment

This is one reason Academy probably shouldn’t even start until u15. This little TA is a bit silly and frankly a burn out for a lot of the boys. Have fun commuting to Eastside where you can enjoy the sound of the Portland Gun Club after a long drive.
            What's good for your kid might not be good for another kid. I'll never understand why parents try to reconcile that fact with the realities of high level soccer by telling everyone else NOT to do something.

I know a number of young players who can barely get through a calendar day without playing. Many of them are literally counting the days until they can be asked to do more. It's fine if that's not your kid, but stop trying to limit opportunities for others.

Comment

What's good for your kid might not be good for another kid. I'll never understand why parents try to reconcile that fact with the realities of high level soccer by telling everyone else NOT to do something.

I know a number of young players who can barely get through a calendar day without playing. Many of them are literally counting the days until they can be asked to do more. It's fine if that's not your kid, but stop trying to limit opportunities for others.
              One of the best tho vs I have read on here. Sadly, this is so true. My son is pretty good player. He has received attention, and has had success. However, he has no interest in TA. Why? Because he has friends who play with TA, and he does not want to give up other sports. I do believe that TA is the best option for training and development for kids in this area. But, it comes with a major commitment. It is it for everybody, but let's not put those families down who do it. I would much rather celebrate the kids.

Comment

One of the best tho vs I have read on here. Sadly, this is so true. My son is pretty good player. He has received attention, and has had success. However, he has no interest in TA. Why? Because he has friends who play with TA, and he does not want to give up other sports. I do believe that TA is the best option for training and development for kids in this area. But, it comes with a major commitment. It is it for everybody, but let's not put those families down who do it. I would much rather celebrate the kids.
                *best things I have read*

Comment

Agreed. There are a lot of soccer junkie kids who are getting touches on the ball in playgrounds and with friends also. No need to commit to a four day a week regimented program if you have an identity off the pitch. For those who like the academy structure it’s a good fit. By senior year they will mostly all end up in the same place anyways, with the exception of maybe one Academy kiddo if he’s lucky.

Comment

Agreed. There are a lot of soccer junkie kids who are getting touches on the ball in playgrounds and with friends also. No need to commit to a four day a week regimented program if you have an identity off the pitch. For those who like the academy structure it’s a good fit. By senior year they will mostly all end up in the same place anyways, with the exception of maybe one Academy kiddo if he’s lucky.
                    Exactly!!

Comment

don't dumb it down

I love what you wrote above. Kids that desire to play at the top level should have this opportunity. Yes, they will have fun driving to training and competing in the environment, this is all top players want to do.

If your player doesn't want this OYSA is a great place and some club specialize in players who don't want the pressure of a big time commitment. PCU is the best at this. They have programs from players who want to play all the time and work with players who have multiple interests. Rarely do you hear anyone complain about PCU, they have excellent leadership.

I equate Academy, Competitive Club, and Rec to different academic programs, some kids aspire to advanced class and other regular class. Whatever is the best fit.

Comment

I equate Academy, Competitive Club, and Rec to different academic programs, some parents aspire to have their kids in the advanced class and other more balanced class. Whatever is the best fit.
                        Fixed this for ya.

Comment

Fixed this for ya.
                          Why do you need so badly for this to be about parents? Who hurt you?

Comment

I love what you wrote above. Kids that desire to play at the top level should have this opportunity. Yes, they will have fun driving to training and competing in the environment, this is all top players want to do.

If your player doesn't want this OYSA is a great place and some club specialize in players who don't want the pressure of a big time commitment. PCU is the best at this. They have programs from players who want to play all the time and work with players who have multiple interests. Rarely do you hear anyone complain about PCU, they have excellent leadership.

I equate Academy, Competitive Club, and Rec to different academic programs, some kids aspire to advanced class and other regular class. Whatever is the best fit.
                            Timbers/Thornz Academy is exactly like "special class".

Comment

This analogy is kinda dumb.

Comment

GDA to Westside and DA to Eastside?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X