• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link to DA Showcase schedule please??

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Link to DA Showcase schedule please??
      Just go to the DA website, filter for Oregon U13 boys, and scroll down. It's there.
      http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...partialGames=0

Comment

That, and we're going to VEGAS BABY!!!! next winter. Plenty of frequent flyer miles.

(Watch some Crossfire honk, who upthread complained that Westside doesn't travel enough, now complain that we travel too much).
        Hey, I am the honk who complained about you not travwling to Oceanside. I am not and will never be Crossfire though. Seriously, I just think it is wrong to skip a USDA showcase. Sorry, I don't care how little or often you do or do not travel. That's great that you are going to the Mayor's invitational, it is a nice tourney. Nonetheless, as a club designated for DA, you should attend.

Washington parent.

Comment

Hey, I am the honk who complained about you not travwling to Oceanside. I am not and will never be Crossfire though. Seriously, I just think it is wrong to skip a USDA showcase. Sorry, I don't care how little or often you do or do not travel. That's great that you are going to the Mayor's invitational, it is a nice tourney. Nonetheless, as a club designated for DA, you should attend.

Washington parent.
          Agreed!
          The USDA showcase is set up for U.S. Soccer's Technical advisors and Youth National Team coaches to have a focused scouting effort in meaningful games that weekend. Having all (except Westside Timbers) the Western Regions DA's in the same place on the same weekend makes it easier for them. BIG mistake by your club for not going.

Comment

Agreed!
            The USDA showcase is set up for U.S. Soccer's Technical advisors and Youth National Team coaches to have a focused scouting effort in meaningful games that weekend. Having all (except Westside Timbers) the Western Regions DA's in the same place on the same weekend makes it easier for them. BIG mistake by your club for not going.
            “Youth National Team Coaches” will not be picking u13 Oregon kids out of that pool. This is not a big scouting tournament for this age group. The iD process for that starts at u14 and begins at home through a nomination process from your club coach. Tournament should be fun though and it’s too bad Westside will miss out.

Comment

That, and we're going to VEGAS BABY!!!! next winter. Plenty of frequent flyer miles.

(Watch some Crossfire honk, who upthread complained that Westside doesn't travel enough, now complain that we travel too much).
              Funny- westside continually takes shots at crossfire (and I am not from crossfire and was the op) yet they can't beat them...

Comment

Funny- westside continually takes shots at crossfire (and I am not from crossfire and was the op) yet they can't beat them...
                FYI- individuals from their club, just like individuals from other clubs. I for one, recognize that everyone of us posts subjectively, but never, should anyone make generalizations. Especially for 13-year-old kids. Team rosters change every single year and quite a few of these kids will likely move on in soccer-some with original club choice, but rarely through U18/U19 years. A lt of changes happen in U14, U15 years.

I've seen quite a few parents eat crow as they try to move their kids to other clubs over the years, hoping for that college recruited spot and scholarship. I seen a few coaches trash talk one team, one club (sometimes two) until they lose their coaching jobs or want to leave their clubs, and then kiss up to the DOCs of those other clubs. Happens every single year.

Comment

“Youth National Team Coaches” will not be picking u13 Oregon kids out of that pool. This is not a big scouting tournament for this age group. The iD process for that starts at u14 and begins at home through a nomination process from your club coach. Tournament should be fun though and it’s too bad Westside will miss out.
                  Not the op, but according to USDA website, it is a big scouting showcase for them and I do agree that it is highly unlikely that any U13's from Oregon would make their radar. with that being said, there is much more exposure at the Western Regional Showcase then at the Mayor's Cup in Vegas.

Comment

Not the op, but according to USDA website, it is a big scouting showcase for them and I do agree that it is highly unlikely that any U13's from Oregon would make their radar. with that being said, there is much more exposure at the Western Regional Showcase then at the Mayor's Cup in Vegas.
                    1) How much are 12-year-olds being scouted?

2) Is the "showcase" model of scouting really appropriate in the DA? I thought that a big point of the DA--and the huge camera tower on the side of the field at games--is to avoid the need for cattle calls. If someone is interested in a DA prospect--they can watch them all they want online.

Westside's 05 DA is going to Vegas for the competition, not to be "seen". Why the club chose that instead of the WRS I don't know, but that's what it is. The coaches are focused on player development, and don't give a flying fig about scouting at this point.

(And to be honest--the Copa players from last year who make scouts salivate are at TA this year anyway. We've got some interesting prospects on the roster, but no Ruben's this year...)

Same principle as applies to ECNL girls teams: If you're really good, they will find you. The cattle calls are for the marginal prospects, not the can't-miss prospects.

Comment

FYI- individuals from their club, just like individuals from other clubs. I for one, recognize that everyone of us posts subjectively, but never, should anyone make generalizations. Especially for 13-year-old kids. Team rosters change every single year and quite a few of these kids will likely move on in soccer-some with original club choice, but rarely through U18/U19 years. A lt of changes happen in U14, U15 years.

I've seen quite a few parents eat crow as they try to move their kids to other clubs over the years, hoping for that college recruited spot and scholarship. I seen a few coaches trash talk one team, one club (sometimes two) until they lose their coaching jobs or want to leave their clubs, and then kiss up to the DOCs of those other clubs. Happens every single year.
                      Huh??? Okay, thanks...I guess? I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say here. I think it has something to do with being an Westside apologist.

Comment

1) How much are 12-year-olds being scouted?

2) Is the "showcase" model of scouting really appropriate in the DA? I thought that a big point of the DA--and the huge camera tower on the side of the field at games--is to avoid the need for cattle calls. If someone is interested in a DA prospect--they can watch them all they want online.

Westside's 05 DA is going to Vegas for the competition, not to be "seen". Why the club chose that instead of the WRS I don't know, but that's what it is. The coaches are focused on player development, and don't give a flying fig about scouting at this point.

(And to be honest--the Copa players from last year who make scouts salivate are at TA this year anyway. We've got some interesting prospects on the roster, but no Ruben's this year...)

Same principle as applies to ECNL girls teams: If you're really good, they will find you. The cattle calls are for the marginal prospects, not the can't-miss prospects.
                        Oh Westside....you really need your own crappy reality show. But I love how loyal you lemmings are!! Whatever you are told as a consumer, you buy hook line and sinker. And...it is cute when the parents start wearing the gear as well and come strolling in with their game faces on! FYI...copa players and salivate does not add up...but we all know you exaggerate because...well, you have to. Your soccer experience pretty much sucks.

Comment

Oh Westside....you really need your own crappy reality show. But I love how loyal you lemmings are!! Whatever you are told as a consumer, you buy hook line and sinker. And...it is cute when the parents start wearing the gear as well and come strolling in with their game faces on! FYI...copa players and salivate does not add up...but we all know you exaggerate because...well, you have to. Your soccer experience pretty much sucks.
                          And what did your club's coach tell you?

Comment

1)

— you do realize consistently saying this is kind of a dig to boys left on the team. And those boys you keep referencing aren’t really that impactful. Right now theyre placeholders on a marginal TA team at best.

— this I can tell you is specifically false.

Comment

Prediction time!

DA:

CFC @ WashT: Will assume, for now, that Capitol's beatdown at Poowerlines was a fluke. WashT 4, CFC 1.

BSC @ Westside: Making a similar assumption, though Westside's improvement in the midfield is noted. Westside won the first time 3-1, so let's say WT 4, BSC 1.

Crossfire @ FC: Crossfire won the first meeting 4-2, but this one's being played on Charlie's Carpet, not the grass at Athey Creek MS. Still, survey says Crossfire 4, FC 3.

OYSA:

Salmon Creek @ Red2. Battle of Vancouver might be Red2's first chance at getting a win. Copa thought the same thing a few weeks ago, ask them how it worked out. FCSC 4, Red2 1.

Navy @ ETFC. FC Portland hits the road this weekend, looking for their second win. They won't find it in Eugene. ETFC 4, FC 0.

Bend @ ADF. A battle between the top two teams in the bracket. I'm going with the home side. ADF 3, Bend 2.

Bend @ HSC. Bend will rebound and win this one. HSC will keep it respectable, but Bend 3, HSC 1.

Navy @ ADF. ADF gets a second weekend of abusing FC's B team. ADF 7, FC 0.

Cuervos @ RVT. The crows don't appear to travel well. RVT 4, Cuervos 2.

IFC @ 4H. IFC's size might give 4H some trouble, but overall the farmers are a better team. 4H 3, IFC 2.

Comment

Wrong. There are two ‘05’s on the national team “to watch” list for the U14 NT

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X