Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FCSC Recruiting WSA Players and Coaches

I have heard from three sources that say that FCSC could be in a bit of trouble for hiring a coach that signed a contract with Timbers - coach was never released....he now cannot coach in the '00 age group at FCSC.

FCSC is recruiting '00 and '99 players daily. Uh, oh....

How come they don't recruit any other age groups? Oh, that's right, they don't have any other age groups.

Can anyone confirm this?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have heard from three sources that say that FCSC could be in a bit of trouble for hiring a coach that signed a contract with Timbers - coach was never released....he now cannot coach in the '00 age group at FCSC.

How come they don't recruit any other age groups? Oh, that's right, they don't have any other age groups.

Can anyone confirm this?
    You are kidding right. This is the FCSC way. They hire coaches--all coaches-- then sit down with a list and start calling players. So U10 they hired a guy from Timbers, they are now calling U11 girls and trying to recruit players. Even though he will coach u10. They always do this. How are they going from 17 teams, which they barely filled, and now going to 27 teams.
    They do this with every coach. Dialing for dollars and promise everything.

You thnk they care about your player or the money? Listen avoid SC--just save youself the grief now. Go anywhere else--anywhere else will be better.

Comment

Can anyone confirm this?
      Is this suprising to anyone? I don't see how this even deserves a thread on its own.

Comment

Can anyone confirm this?
        What coach? And is this really true? Are you saying the coach is out of a job for FCSC and VT now?

Comment

Is this suprising to anyone? I don't see how this even deserves a thread on its own.
          You kidding, this page will blow up with 100 stories
          About Tina, Joe and Salmon Creek. It will be like the FCSC page last year. Same stories, different year. But will anyone learn. Already tons of stories about the 99 and 02s. And people acting like they did not know and are moving on this year.

Save your money this year and get smart. Better options everywhere.

Comment

You are kidding right. This is the FCSC way. They hire coaches--all coaches-- then sit down with a list and start calling players. So U10 they hired a guy from Timbers, they are now calling U11 girls and trying to recruit players. Even though he will coach u10. They always do this. How are they going from 17 teams, which they barely filled, and now going to 27 teams.

You thnk they care about your player or the money? Listen avoid SC--just save youself the grief now. Go anywhere else--anywhere else will be better.
            It's really humorous that they recruit the heck out of younger kids to lose them when they get smart

Comment

It's really humorous that they recruit the heck out of younger kids to lose them when they get smart
              I don't know why you people are making a big deal out of this. If they were in pdx they would fit right in with you vultures at Westside FC and thusc. Get real nut jobs.

Recruiting for a bad program is nothing new there.

Comment

I don't know why you people are making a big deal out of this. If they were in pdx they would fit right in with you vultures at Westside FC and thusc. Get real nut jobs.

Recruiting for a bad program is nothing new there.
                I thought there were rules about recruiting and calling things kick-arounds. Trust me, FCsC is the first to cry foul play if a coach leaves or if they think you are stealing their players, but then they are 100 times worse.

Not sure about Oregon, but you are probably right about other clubs being the same.

Comment

Same

They are doing the same thing with Macaya. He is coaching a year up (U15) so that his U14 girls can play for him. Yes, they are actively recruiting his old team.

How many ages are they pulling this scam?

Comment

They are doing the same thing with Macaya. He is coaching a year up (U15) so that his U14 girls can play for him. Yes, they are actively recruiting his old team.

How many ages are they pulling this scam?
                    As much as that sounds true. They can't get away with it. You cannot coach players you coached last year regardless of what age group they play for.

They will absolutely shun you if you leave (victor and his team) but will do everything they can to take anyone and everyone.

They will get caught.

Comment

As much as that sounds true. They can't get away with it. You cannot coach players you coached last year regardless of what age group they play for.

They will absolutely shun you if you leave (victor and his team) but will do everything they can to take anyone and everyone.

They will get caught.
                      I don't exactly know if that rule applies with players.....I though just age groups

Comment

They will get caught.
                        That is SC. Is anyone catching on, because I have been saying for years. They recruit every coach they can, change the age they coach, but then dial for dollars to recruit everyone they know. I really wish Timbers would enforce this and report them to the state. SC does not even care about the coach helping them, they will dump them as soon as they get caught. They just want the money.

Comment

Hire away enough coaches with a following of players and "ka-ching", payday for the Frimpongs.
                          The trouble with that wore out business plan is that it's too widely known and most newbies families will not return after a year of broken promises and lies. So every year it's deja vu all over again.

Comment

The Rules

I don't exactly know if that rule applies with players.....I though just age groups
                            There are two different rules that apply to FCSC who are members of both SWYSA (Southwest WA Youth Soccer Association) and OPL.

WA Youth Soccer rule is

"2.13 Official (Coach, Trainer, Manager) Movement in Washington Youth Soccer

When three or more players move from one team to a team in a different club, a team or club Official from the former team may not be on the new team roster or actively involved with the team for no less than one year from the date that the third player is added to the new team roster, without the express written consent from the departing organization Board and/or Director of Coaching (DOC).
                            A team or club Official is defined as any adult acting as a paid or volunteer supervisor, manager, coach or trainer with a Washington Youth Soccer organization."

OPL Rule is

"Adult members of Oregon Premier League participating clubs must not: 7. Hire a coach from another club and allow this coach to work in the same age and gender of his/her
                            previous club or academy (unless the coach moves his/her residence outside of their current region) without receiving permission of their former club. This is enforceable for two years from when a coach leaves the club, through the OPL State Cup Finals."

Comment

Do players have to worry about their playing cards when they leave a club?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X