Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s funny how active this thread got after the semifinals games yesterday. Lots of losing teams telling themselves “we are glad we aren’t going to Hawaii.” Do those sour grapes taste good?
    I wrote it and mines headed to Hawaii I was talking about all the other teams 😬

Comment

Your math is wrong but I get your point. It’s irresponsible to put a regional tournament in Hawaii.

It adds about $1300 per kid to the cost. Or more. In Seattle or Boise you can pack up and head home if you get knocked out. Can't do that in Hawaii.

Comment

Who decided to have regionals in Hawaii?

Soccer is already expensive as is. Putting regionals in Hawaii, one of the more expensive places to travel to, is a slap in the face to fight against pay-to-play.

Airfare about $1000.
        Hotel for eight days $500.
        Coaches air/hotel $400
        Fee to US Soccer $100
        Food $300
        Vans $200

Over $2,500 per player. About 600 teams competing. Over $22 million dollars!

Entire boys teams have voted to pass on regionals this year if they win because of the cost.

When regionals are in Seattle or Boise you can cut your hotel short if you are eliminated. Can't do that in Hawaii.

It's not surprising. US Soccer doesn't seem to care about the kids or the game.
        Your math is correct for our club. It cost us almost 1500$ per player just for the 3 day Las Vegas tournament so Hawaii would be closer to 3000$.

Comment

I wrote it and mines headed to Hawaii I was talking about all the other teams ��
          Mmmhmm. So here's a solution. Don't go. I don't believe anyone is holding a gun to your head, are they?

Comment

Your math is correct for our club. It cost us almost 1500$ per player just for the 3 day Las Vegas tournament so Hawaii would be closer to 3000$.
            The FWR website says 4,000 kids will participate. Assuming $3,000 per kids, that is $12,000,000.00 for what will be, for many, a three game tournament.

Comment

Mmmhmm. So here's a solution. Don't go. I don't believe anyone is holding a gun to your head, are they?
              Anyone who is interested in developing the game realizes that we have to try to break down the cost barriers. There are so many kids out there that could benefit from the game that are excluded due to costs.

There is a huge effort to reduce the pay to play and putting a regional championship in Hawaii seems like a finger to the eye of that effort.

Comment

It adds about $1300 per kid to the cost. Or more. In Seattle or Boise you can pack up and head home if you get knocked out. Can't do that in Hawaii.
                Don't go if it bugs you so much.

Comment

Anyone who is interested in developing the game realizes that we have to try to break down the cost barriers. There are so many kids out there that could benefit from the game that are excluded due to costs.

There is a huge effort to reduce the pay to play and putting a regional championship in Hawaii seems like a finger to the eye of that effort.
                  It's called fundraising. Plenty of players have done it to earn money for their needs.

Comment

How do you figure so little cost? Closer to 3,000$ or more at our club.

Comment

How do you figure so little cost? Closer to 3,000$ or more at our club.
                      Hawaii adds $1300 per player (airfare, extra hotel, add food cost) of unnecessary cost. As opposed to having regionals in Seattle or Boise where most teams will drive.

Comment

My understanding is that US Soccer charges a very high fee to get into Regionals and then mark up the hotel rooms substantially with stay and play.

Does US Soccer get a kick back on the hotel rooms they require teams to book through?
                        FYI-It's the state's association that gets the proceeds from the hotel rooms.

If Oregon had enough fields in one area, then it could put in its bid to host USYSA regionals.

Comment

FYI-It's the state's association that gets the proceeds from the hotel rooms.

If Oregon had enough fields in one area, then it could put in its bid to host USYSA regionals.
                          You must not be from the area

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X