Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODP/RTC a complete waste of time & money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Maybe they get a better deal on the venue since nobody else wants those weekends?
    It's always wise to be cost conscious.

Comment

Maybe they get a better deal on the venue since nobody else wants those weekends?
      That is an interesting theory. That could be it or at least part of the decision making process. I always wondered why they had events on holiday weekends.

Comment

That is an interesting theory. That could be it or at least part of the decision making process. I always wondered why they had events on holiday weekends.
        It's because they try their best to work around the club soccer schedule which fills up most of the available weekends during the fall and spring ...

Comment

That makes sense. You have to be smart with your money. Probably hurts recruiting coaches and players though.

Comment

ODP having events on holiday weekends does not help them.

Comment

ODP having events on holiday weekends does not help them.
              FC Portland finished in 4th place

Comment

FC Portland finished in 4th place
                I’ve dilligently reminded people of that 2015 debacle for 2+ years and then you show up splashing it around. I’m a little put out.

Comment

I’ve dilligently reminded people of that 2015 debacle for 2+ years and then you show up splashing it around. I’m a little put out.
                  If that's a debacle what do you call Eastside Timbers? A catastrophe?

Comment

Giving up a bunch of holiday weekends for low end tournaments I’m sure hurts recruiting coaches. It’s alreasy hard so it’s just one more thing.

Comment

Giving up a bunch of holiday weekends for low end tournaments I’m sure hurts recruiting coaches. It’s alreasy hard so it’s just one more thing.
                      One weekend its not like you don't give up every weekend anyway if you're on any kind of club team that's decent . ODP should be kids hand pick from each soccer organization to represent the best player's from that state.

Comment

One weekend its not like you don't give up every weekend anyway if you're on any kind of club team that's decent . ODP should be kids hand pick from each soccer organization to represent the best player's from that state.
                        ODP hasn’t been very good for a long time. It’s more like who can they get to show up.

Comment

ODP hasn’t been very good for a long time. It’s more like who can they get to show up.
                          Two years in a row girls who aren’t starters on my daughter’s good (but not top) TA team made the top 18 travel squad for Phoenix for ODP. It’s ridiculous.

Comment

Two years in a row girls who aren’t starters on my daughter’s good (but not top) TA team made the top 18 travel squad for Phoenix for ODP. It’s ridiculous.

So how does this affect you and your daughter ? People like yourself that follow the herd because a friend of a buddy say's something is bad all for not liking a coach or maybe in reality their own player didn't make it for lack of skill set. Some of the teams may not be great ,but I give it up to the parents and kids that have the guts to give it a try. It's a lot better than coming on a blog and bashing others for their effort to be a better person.

Comment

So how does this affect you and your daughter ? People like yourself that follow the herd because a friend of a buddy say's something is bad all for not liking a coach or maybe in reality their own player didn't make it for lack of skill set. Some of the teams may not be great ,but I give it up to the parents and kids that have the guts to give it a try. It's a lot better than coming on a blog and bashing others for their effort to be a better person.
                              That’s a hard paragraph to read. My brain hurts after reading.

Comment

Nothing wrong with making a profit!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X