Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no, now what do I do?

My daughter is 11 and has never played soccer until the other day. She plays basketball and loves it. She is very athletic and quick. Both her mother and I were pretty good athletes, but we never played soccer and don't know much about the game. That is why I am turning here for some help. The other day she was asked if she would like to play in an indoor team because our neighbor's team was shorthanded. After a few minutes she was completely acclimated and wound up dominating the game. I don't know if it was the competition or just her innate ability, but she looked like she had been playing for years. Needless to say she got off the court and she was hooked. She pretty much said she was done with basketball and wanted to play soccer. She even said her coach said she could do great things with soccer that she could never achieve through basketball. I know she is behind, but we are ready to jump head first into the world of club soccer. Which club will give us the best return on investment?

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/faci...services/masia

Comment

That's silly...I mean here in Mass or maybe RI

Comment

Surely you are joking, but in the off chance you are not...
        None will give you a good return on investment. Playing club soccer is like collecting baseball cards - do it only if you enjoy it, because there's no guarantee that there will be ANY return on investment.
        Also, if she's just starting soccer, DON'T start with club soccer, start with town soccer and see how she does. If she's absolutely dominant there, then consider trying out at a club.
        Lastly, there is a club for everyone who wants to play, so there's no guarantee that she'll be playing on a great team with great players.
        Lastly, Talking-Soccer is the worst place you can possibly go for advice on soccer.
        But, I think you are just trying to be funnny...

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1743102]Surely you are joking, but in the off chance you are not...
          None will give you a good return on investment. Playing club soccer is like collecting baseball cards - do it only if you enjoy it, because there's no guarantee that there will be ANY return on investment.
          Also, if she's just starting soccer, DON'T start with club soccer, start with town soccer and see how she does. If she's absolutely dominant there, then consider trying out at a club.
          Lastly, there is a club for everyone who wants to play, so there's no guarantee that she'll be playing on a great team with great players.
          Lastly, Talking-Soccer is the worst place you can possibly go for advice on soccer.
          But, I think you are just trying to be funnny...[/QUOTE
          Thanks...are there any town teams you recomend?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1743103]
            Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Surely you are joking, but in the off chance you are not...
            But, I think you are just trying to be funnny...[/QUOTE
            Thanks...are there any town teams you recomend?
            Yeah....your town.

Comment

My daughter is 11 and has never played soccer until the other day. She plays basketball and loves it. She is very athletic and quick. Both her mother and I were pretty good athletes, but we never played soccer and don't know much about the game. That is why I am turning here for some help. The other day she was asked if she would like to play in an indoor team because our neighbor's team was shorthanded. After a few minutes she was completely acclimated and wound up dominating the game. I don't know if it was the competition or just her innate ability, but she looked like she had been playing for years. Needless to say she got off the court and she was hooked. She pretty much said she was done with basketball and wanted to play soccer. She even said her coach said she could do great things with soccer that she could never achieve through basketball. I know she is behind, but we are ready to jump head first into the world of club soccer. Which club will give us the best return on investment?
              Maybe let her grow up a little ? 11 ????

Comment

Before you waste any money BTNT take her to over to BTDT's place and let him take a look at her in the backyard. He'll tell you the real deal and give you 20 point inspection and treatment plan (just like JiffyLube does).

Comment

Before you waste any money BTNT take her to over to BTDT's place and let him take a look at her in the backyard. He'll tell you the real deal and give you 20 point inspection and treatment plan (just like JiffyLube does).
                  Any chance her name is Mia?

Comment

Get in touch with Perspective. His point of view and guidance are unmatched. Visit his website: Perspective/Fred/Suzie.com

Comment

Get in touch with Perspective. His point of view and guidance are unmatched. Visit his website: Perspective/Fred/Suzie.com
                      Take her to some clinics and get to know some of the coaches.

Comment

Hair Club for Men

Comment

Now what do you do? Do us all a favor and never return to TS!

Comment

Same thing happened with our daughter although she gave up softball instead of basketball...fairly common I think!

Comment

Now what do you do? Do us all a favor and never return to TS!
                              Can you do the same also?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X