Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXACT ID clinic

Is this legit? They're holding a session Iin Boston in February. Not cheap.

Like any it's can be worthwhile if there are coaches from schools your kid is interested in. There was only one school of interest to my kid so he's passing.

and btw none of them are cheap.

Comment

Its very good for the Freshman/Sophmore types that may be reluctant to start the process, you train in front of all the coach's and they make the kids meet every coach during the event, its run very well.
      It's not cheap but your able to cast a wide net with who's there vs going to a particular College ID camp spending less but only one coach is there

Comment

over priced under exposed, take a pass

Comment

It's a money grab.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            It's a money grab.
            Everything in Club Soccer is a money grab

Comment

It's a money grab.
              It's another source for evaluation. Use it like every other flawed source (like you club coach) in that the big picture is the sum of many such flawed opinions. In the end the few hundred bucks you spend here could save you thousands in other recruiting related expenses down the road

Comment

It's another source for evaluation. Use it like every other flawed source (like you club coach) in that the big picture is the sum of many such flawed opinions. In the end the few hundred bucks you spend here could save you thousands in other recruiting related expenses down the road
                Thanks but no thanks. There is not such thing as 1 minute clinic in soccer. Players change throughout their years of playing. Your assessment is once.

Comment

Thanks but no thanks. There is not such thing as 1 minute clinic in soccer. Players change throughout their years of playing. Your assessment is once.
                  Like any of the annual club tryouts for example ? When decisions are made based on two days of 1.5 hour showings

Comment

It's a good camp as far as the non on campus camps go. They try their best to have the kids meet/train with different coaches. The coaches will see youvifbyiuvstand out , they rotate among coaches. Yes it cost money , but that's for all camps, if you don't like camps altogether that's a different story.

Our kid went a couple of years ago ( twice) as a freshman. A couple coaches form there have been writing/interest since so it worked for him to that extent.

Key though like any camp was for the kid to reach out to coaches he she interested in before camp and hopefully they watch closer. Exact does publish on website the list of coaches early - some on Camus camps don't or your kid feels that he is insulting the coach if he asks who else is there.

Comment

One parent's input: my daughter attended the Connecticut event this past December and I would highly recommend any parent/player who is considering playing in college and is new to the recruitment process to attend.

The soccer itself consisted of standard drills/technical evaluations in the morning followed by small sided games (I'm told they also have full-field games typically but the players were forced indoors due to freezing rain the day we went) and as another poster mentioned earlier the different coaches do rotate through the drills and games to watch/eval. Each player will receive a verbal eval onsite; followed up by a written eval (our daughter received hers 24 hours later).

The eval was well-constructed and uses the TopDrawer 5-star scale...if nothing else, having a college coach's eval that can be shared as part of future letters/communications to prospective coaches is a positive.

What was far more valuable from my perspective was the education our daughter/we as parents received in terms of the need for the player to drive the process. If your daughter is an ungodly once-in-a-decade talent who is already on 30 college programs' radar at the age of 13 - congratulations; for the other 99.99% of players, understanding the importance of the player driving the process was important for our daughter to hear first hand from the various coaches, former college players, etc.

We were also impressed by the pre-camp work - some psychological/personality testing to create a personality profile, requirement to write to some of the coaches in attendance prior to the camp to introduce themselves, etc.

Once at camp - they also included other breakout sessions between the technical drills; including having every player craft a 30-second elevator speech and then go to every coach in attendance to practice "Hello, my name is ____, I'm an attacking midfielder graduating in 2020 an will be playing in the Jefferson Cup, etc." The whole exercise is more about getting the players used to advocating for themselves with coaches - a valuable life skill even if the player never plays beyond club soccer. Coaches in attendance included programs from various D1 schools who if nothing else are experienced/informed enough to know what they're looking for. The event we attended had coaches from ACC, Big 10, PAC-12, etc. so legitimate programs along with mid-level D1s, as well as D2 & D3 schools.

Parents are encouraged to participate in various panel sessions with the coaches in attendance, ask questions, hear firsthand about their process, criteria for selecting players, financial assistance, etc.

In summary - I wouldn't recommend anyone attend thinking "here's my kid's shot at being discovered"; but if you're looking for a good overview of the recruitment process itself, a chance to get a straight, a thorough eval from a college coach, and see how your player does against other players in their age group/level I think it's worth it.

Comment

Where in CT was the December event?

Thank you for the info already provided. It was very thoughtful.

Comment

Key though like any camp was for the kid to reach out to coaches he she interested in before camp and hopefully they watch closer. Exact does publish on website the list of coaches early - some on Camus camps don't or your kid feels that he is insulting the coach if he asks who else is there.
                          Good advice. With any camp scout the coach list before signing up. No point in attending if there aren't many schools you're interested in - although events like this can be a good practice run for a younger player just starting out. Many college camps don't tell you who will be at their events, or they'll just have a list of who went LAST year but won't confirm THIS year.

There is a need for more evens like this - something run by a more neutral party that isn't padding the budget of some college coach's program. Some players can't attend multiple camps on campuses because of cost or logistics (my in-process player is finding many camps overlap during the summer so it's getting tricky planning it out).

Comment

There is a need for more evens like this - something run by a more neutral party that isn't padding the budget of some college coach's program. Some players can't attend multiple camps on campuses because of cost or logistics (my in-process player is finding many camps overlap during the summer so it's getting tricky planning it out).
                            Neutral party is making money off this and they are paying the college coaches. So we as consumers are paying more, not less, by utilizing this middle man. Don't be fooled. Club soccer isn't the only one that wants your soccer money.

Comment

Neutral party is making money off this and they are paying the college coaches. So we as consumers are paying more, not less, by utilizing this middle man. Don't be fooled. Club soccer isn't the only one that wants your soccer money.
                              By that post I meant it can bring in a wider variety of schools than just at specific colleges. Of course people are making money - it is youth sports after all so there's always money involved - but a college coach attending this type of event isn't making the same cash as having his own camp with dozens of players. Better for players who don't have tons of money to spend on camps or traveling.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X