Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    pretty funny stuff but stupid as hell. Probably coming from a casual American soccer fan. The one's that kill the sport here. You have no idea what it takes to be a pro athlete at any level.
    Are you trying to say that the MLS is anywhere near any of the leagues mentioned in the post you responded to? Get help if you were. It's folks like you that support such dreck which causes MLS to stay as bad as it is.

Comment

DAP is turning into a two tiered league, MLS and others.
      I've heard this said for the past 5 years or so and, apart from a few players at the top of the roster of each team, I don't think it is true. I will grant that the Generation Adidas tournament provides great intra-MLS competition on two long weekends and one short week. For the most part, however, once you take away the top few players on the roster of (most) MLS teams, the rest of the squad looks a lot like the middle-of-the-pack and above non-MLS teams. I don't think a two-tiered league would be a bad idea, but DAP is not there yet.

Comment

If my kid was invited to join Revs DAP there is no way he would want to go. The Revs are everything bad about academy soccer.

Comment

If my kid was invited to join Revs DAP there is no way he would want to go. The Revs are everything bad about academy soccer.
          What makes you say this

Comment

Why is it that unskilled rich white kids are drawn to these 2 clubs like larvae to a pile of poo?
            I wish I had a rich white kid!

Comment

This, offered without explanation, is a worthless pile of excrement.

Comment

Welcome to TS

Comment

Read between the lines. Any player good enough wants to play for the Revs. What they are saying is "my kid is not very good at all."

Comment

How many players have come through the Revs academy and how many are playing meaningful minutes as a pro?

The only 2 are Fagundez and Caldwell and they look to me like self made players.

The Revs do get the best talent from the area at 13 years old and up. That is A LOT of players over the years from a very large demographic without much to show for it. IOW, they are not doing much development.

...which is further evidenced by a pro team that's better than sominex for a good nights sleep.

Comment

How many players have come through the Revs academy and how many are playing meaningful minutes as a pro?

The only 2 are Fagundez and Caldwell and they look to me like self made players.

The Revs do get the best talent from the area at 13 years old and up. That is A LOT of players over the years from a very large demographic without much to show for it. IOW, they are not doing much development.

...which is further evidenced by a pro team that's better than sominex for a good nights sleep.
                      So the Revs field, what, 60 players each year? I would think their percentage of players that go on to play in college is significantly higher than GPS, with 1,000+ boys in the MA system.

Comment

So the Revs field, what, 60 players each year? I would think their percentage of players that go on to play in college is significantly higher than GPS, with 1,000+ boys in the MA system.
                        Difference is GPS develops its own players, while Revs cherry pick from others.

Comment

Look at MB from u14 Revs -Woburn- Rush - GPS -Revs.
                          Who developed this kid GPS??Ya right.

Comment

In soccer, everyone cherry picks

Town, premier, DA, college, professional, high caliber professional

Comment

In soccer, everyone cherry picks

Town, premier, DA, college, professional, high caliber professional
                              But the evidence shows that when the player starts with the Revs, the development ends.

Comment

But the evidence shows that when the player starts with the Revs, the development ends.
                                What evidence, aside from your kid not being good enough?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X