Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which clubs are making the birth year switch in Fall 2016?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High School isn't a single grade. It is 4 class grades with a swing of as much as 7 years between the youngest and oldest high school players. While I agree kinder soccer should be by grade, by U10 or so, calendar year age can be implemented relatively easily. My kids played mixed with all different ages, skills and teams and gained something from every session. Parents, players and coaches that focus a child's development on a single team are doing them a disservice.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      MA Youth soccer released their statement overview today. Note that MAPLE with be labeled "U" group while MTOC travel and recreational leagues will be "School Grade".

http://files.ctctcdn.com/043d5f95501...m_medium=email
      I like this clever work around for MTOC & rec teams. Kudos to Mass Youth Soccer for keeping the less competitive players with their grade levels.

Comment

Quite a twist for town. Everyone was expecting advantage to shift to spring birthday kids... but they end up worse off than before. They will be forced by grade to play up and in the most extreme scenario could be playing against kids 2.5 years older than them rather than just 2 years.

These same kids can play club and be in the top half of their single year!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Quite a twist for town. Everyone was expecting advantage to shift to spring birthday kids... but they end up worse off than before. They will be forced by grade to play up and in the most extreme scenario could be playing against kids 2.5 years older than them rather than just 2 years.

These same kids can play club and be in the top half of their single year!
          Probably a good thing if they are playing club. They would probably be unchallenged playing town if not for the older kids. Playing town against much bigger players really helped my kid understand how to play against very physical opponents and avoid getting pushed off the ball. It served him well back on his club team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X