X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Interesting switch from PC to UMass.
    I wonder what happened there? Must have been something with admissions, that's my guess.

Comment

I wonder what happened there? Must have been something with admissions, that's my guess.
      Could also be $$$. We all know there's not much $$ in men's soccer. PC sticker price is about $56K so if you're not getting much off then instate tuition starts looking very appealing.

Or, many other reasons like concerns about PT, soccer program/coach, girlfriend, location, size of school, intended major. Let's not always assume a kid changes his/her commitment because of academics. It comes across as a diss of intelligence

Comment

Could also be $$$. We all know there's not much $$ in men's soccer. PC sticker price is about $56K so if you're not getting much off then instate tuition starts looking very appealing.

Or, many other reasons like concerns about PT, soccer program/coach, girlfriend, location, size of school, intended major. Let's not always assume a kid changes his/her commitment because of academics. It comes across as a diss of intelligence
        PC does not offer freshmen men's soccer players athletic money. They offer a roster spot and the potential to earn a scholarship for sophomore year.

Comment

They lost their coach
          i have read that a couple times here online, but the berkshire school website doesn't mention anything. where is moodey going?

Comment

PC does not offer freshmen men's soccer players athletic money. They offer a roster spot and the potential to earn a scholarship for sophomore year.
            If you don't have the grades to get much merit money or don't qualify for FA, $56,000 is a lot to pay for a possibility. Is that a common practice?

If UMass wanted my kid I'd be strongly encouraging that route vs PC. In the end it's about the piece of paper and hopefully not graduating with a ton of debt. Soccer is all well and good and if you can have a solid college career that's great. But there's a bigger picture to consider

Comment

That's taking a big chance. No commitment from PC and all the commitment is on the recruit. Bad deal.

Comment

They have some international players. I would think they would have to wave some $$ at them right away. Maybe doing that empties the cupboard for the local kids.

Comment

That's taking a big chance. No commitment from PC and all the commitment is on the recruit. Bad deal.
                  Not sure I'd want that for my kid unless I could afford full boat for all four years (which I can't lol). What happens year two when the student is settled, made friends, etc. but they receive nothing and can't afford three more years? Maybe they only want students who can pay (and many foreign students can).

Comment

just went on umass website and looks like they are returning most kids and have great incoming class. providence has an all american senior, not much else. no brainer

Comment

just went on umass website and looks like they are returning most kids and have great incoming class. providence has an all american senior, not much else. no brainer
                      Providence has an excellent incoming class, too. Check it out on Top Drawer.

Comment

top drawer seems like a great website, tough to figure out but will figure it out. both pc and umass good programs. can't go wrong

Comment

Umass offers little to no athletic money either... Especially for freshman.

Comment

They have some international players. I would think they would have to wave some $$ at them right away. Maybe doing that empties the cupboard for the local kids.
                            Unless the local kid is MS, who you would have easily predcited would have the impact he has had. DI is a good player, but not that caliber. All you need to do is look at a few other non-MS local guys around the same talent level as DI who went to PC and never saw the field to know that going to UMass which is more affordable, better PT chances, and aguably as good or better a school is a no-brainer.

Comment

http://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs...e-commitments/

Comment

Bolts and Revs did not submit their commits. Any reason why the did not?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X