Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Soccer in Mass

I live in CT but we will be in Wellesley MA for a week in August. I am looking for a good 1/2 day to full day soccer camp for my current U9 player. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I live in CT but we will be in Wellesley MA for a week in August. I am looking for a good 1/2 day to full day soccer camp for my current U9 player. Any suggestions?
    Rather late in the summer for that. August is usually when most soccer families grab some R&R before ramping up for fall seasons. Lots of the coaches are in training camps at that time so pool of who is available is low.

Comment

Rather late in the summer for that. August is usually when most soccer families grab some R&R before ramping up for fall seasons. Lots of the coaches are in training camps at that time so pool of who is available is low.
      Thank you. I know timing is less than ideal. Unfortunately, I don't have much flexibility.

Comment

Thank you. I know timing is less than ideal. Unfortunately, I don't have much flexibility.
        NEFC/Puma runs a couple of camps in the summer at Memorial School in South Natick right near the Wellesley town line. Not sure on the dates though.

Comment

NEFC/Puma's Natick session is in July but James Bede has camps at Memorial in August. Valeo is ~15 minutes from Wellesley and has camps the first 2 weeks of August.

Comment

Rather than sticking your 9yr old in a soccer camp, how about having him play outside?

Comment

Rather than sticking your 9yr old in a soccer camp, how about having him play outside?
              lol was thinking the same thing. I'm assuming the OP is town for vacation or something. How about, you know, vacation? Or have them do something else they've never tried before that they can't do back home?

Comment

Forekicks Marlboro might be worth a look.

Comment

Not the OP, but from my perspective, my kid wants to go to camps on all free days. She spends her time outside. She spends her time doing what she loves. She spends her time with her friends.

What is wrong with that?

Comment

NEFC/Puma's Natick session is in July but James Bede has camps at Memorial in August. Valeo is ~15 minutes from Wellesley and has camps the first 2 weeks of August.
                    This looks great. Thank you for the suggestion

http://jamesbede.com/Page.asp?n=73232&org=jamesbede.com

Comment

This looks great. Thank you for the suggestion

http://jamesbede.com/Page.asp?n=73232&org=jamesbede.com
                      What a pathetic way to plug your camp. Why make up some bs about you happening to randomly be in Wellesely. I would have more respect if you just were straight and posted an ad for your camp... Weak.

Comment

Not the OP, but from my perspective, my kid wants to go to camps on all free days. She spends her time outside. She spends her time doing what she loves. She spends her time with her friends.

What is wrong with that?

Read some of the vast literature on the value of free time/unstructured play. Occasional camps are fine but there are many kids whose entire summers are fully booked. It's also a good time to try some new things outside of what they do most of the year.

Comment

What a pathetic way to plug your camp. Why make up some bs about you happening to randomly be in Wellesely. I would have more respect if you just were straight and posted an ad for your camp... Weak.
                          LOL I see the folks up in MA on TS are no different than what I see in CT. In fact, we will not be in Wellesley "randomly". My MIL happens to live there and my wife will be up there with our 3 kids while my older son goes to a camp at Olin College that week. Since the younger one will be up there anyway and is obsessed with soccer, it seemed logical to see if we could find something fun for him to do. So not really random at all. In case you are wondering, this is not a plug for Olin College either.

Have a great weekend and thanks again to whomever suggested the JB camp.

Comment

There is also a camp at Wellesley United SC that week. Anyone have an opinion on WUSC vs JB Soccer?

Comment

Challenger (British Soccer Camps & TetraBrazil) runs several sessions throughout the summer, they have full and half day options. http://www.challengersports.com/

Kings FC runs soccer camp as well through mid August, they have half and full day options. http://kingsfc.com/summer-programs/

Teamworks in Northboro also has a half day soccer camp that can be bundled with other sports for the afternoon or just soccer for the mornings. https://www.teamworksnorthboro.com/summercamp.aspx

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X