Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is really quite pathetic is the way you sound as your little Carly Lloyd is simply not good enough. If you don't like it, or your kid is only playing 10 minutes a game then leave!! All clubs are the same and its just a business!!Aztec will be fine, keep spewing your poison and hope someone actually listens!! Sad ...Sad!!!
    The problem may involve GC, but it begins and ends with MK. He is arrogant and his ego is legendary. They can't keep qualified, respected coaches or even rent college fields in that area because of the bridges he has burned with his "do you know who I am?" attitude.

No surprise that he brought in someone similar in GC, but he is not the "head" of the snake. MK is and will be until another bankruptcy for the club forces him out.

Whatever happened with the successful businessman Costa anyway? He still involved?

Comment

What is really quite pathetic is the way you sound as your little Carly Lloyd is simply not good enough. If you don't like it, or your kid is only playing 10 minutes a game then leave!! All clubs are the same and its just a business!!Aztec will be fine, keep spewing your poison and hope someone actually listens!! Sad ...Sad!!!
      Again, you assume that my daughter (1) plays on this team and (2) she only plays 10 minutes. Your right on one of these. So use your Harvard degree to figure it out Einstein. As a starter and a 90% of the time player I speak from experience. It is a business, your right. And as a consumer don't we all have the right to speak freely and shop around for what each of us believes is best? Maybe the sad..sad one here is you? Take a look in the mirror. If mediocre coaching, overcrowded rosters and fields, 50% playing time work for you....then you are at the right club. So why are you on here? You must be thrilled to know that you can save $$$ by not having to travel to the high end tournaments (PDA or other ECNL club tournaments). GC has burned those bridged....Aztec teams don't get in - no matter how good you think they are or their ranking on GC. Good luck though.

Comment

Again, you assume that my daughter (1) plays on this team and (2) she only plays 10 minutes. Your right on one of these. So use your Harvard degree to figure it out Einstein. As a starter and a 90% of the time player I speak from experience. It is a business, your right. And as a consumer don't we all have the right to speak freely and shop around for what each of us believes is best? Maybe the sad..sad one here is you? Take a look in the mirror. If mediocre coaching, overcrowded rosters and fields, 50% playing time work for you....then you are at the right club. So why are you on here? You must be thrilled to know that you can save $$$ by not having to travel to the high end tournaments (PDA or other ECNL club tournaments). GC has burned those bridged....Aztec teams don't get in - no matter how good you think they are or their ranking on GC. Good luck though.
        Hey Pal,
        1) never said I had a Harvard Degree 2) Speaking freely on TS, is quite frankly, quite cowardly. Go see MK or GC and say it to them in person, then look in the mirror and feel like the tough parent you are 3) Mediocre coaching, let me guess STARS ( I assume you are a Stars parent) only have the good coaches right? 4) Who cares about good tournaments, in the end, its a giant Ponzi scheme and when your son/ daughter is playing at ##### state university, then we can look back at your stars or breakers/scorpions/fc Boston career

Comment

The problem may involve GC, but it begins and ends with MK. He is arrogant and his ego is legendary. They can't keep qualified, respected coaches or even rent college fields in that area because of the bridges he has burned with his "do you know who I am?" attitude.

No surprise that he brought in someone similar in GC, but he is not the "head" of the snake. MK is and will be until another bankruptcy for the club forces him out.

Whatever happened with the successful businessman Costa anyway? He still involved?
          I think CF maybe smarter than staying with a sinking ship. Captain M is steering this into oblivion!!!

Comment

And the Hate continues...Just another Aztec off season! Were is Oscar when you need him or could Oscar be a her?

Comment

Yup settle for mediocracy! Sound advice.

Comment

What's the latest on Goalkeepers on the Girls Side......Hearing one or two that never should have been on teams are finally dropping...Good thing I guess...Mr. Mom figured out his kid had not clue.

Comment

What's the latest on Goalkeepers on the Girls Side......Hearing one or two that never should have been on teams are finally dropping...Good thing I guess...Mr. Mom figured out his kid had not clue.

GKs are low in numbers. Now there are two teams with no keeper.
                  Most teams only have 1 so hope they do not get injured.
                  Not glad to hear any are dropping!

Comment

GKs are low in numbers. Now there are two teams with no keeper.
                    Most teams only have 1 so hope they do not get injured.
                    Not glad to hear any are dropping!
                    Providing the remaining keepers are treated right.

Comment

Providing the remaining keepers are treated right.

Goal keepers leaving, a field player leaving - tip of the iceberg. Rumor has it a number of players are seeking a landing spots at other clubs. Some have already reached out to other coaches, have gone to private tryouts, been to other practices. It appears that it is starting to catch up with GC. You can only fool people for so long...unless your part of his old Stars team that would follow him into a burning building!

Comment

I have to laugh at all these posts. This is my first reply, I just can't take it any longer. I am pretty sure the U13 NPL team came in 2nd place. If you read some these posts and others on other threads, you would get the sense that they sucked. There is a post that they wish NEFC, GPS, and SSS could play each other to see who is the best. Could be wrong, but I believe the Aztec team won 2 to 0 against NEFC. My point is that people post like it is a fact that the Aztec team sucks or is blowing up.....you have no clue what people will do. And the kicker is, it doesn't matter! Throw in the age changes and it is a whole new ball game in the years to come.

Comment

No one on this thread is denying the fact that they came in second. They did beat NEFC, but then lost to GPS and a team from CT I think. But look a little deeper my friend. to go GS...look at results from tournaments they played it. They never beat anyone who has a better record or higher ranking. Is it the team? probably not, I think there is talent there. Is it coaching, practices? read some other threads of supposed parents who's kids play on the team....practices are bad, coaching is worse...so does that sound like a recipe for success? Where players want to stay? couple that with opportunities born from the birth year change. Aztec is in a tough spot. All the other small clubs have merged....it's a matter of time.

Comment

Goal keepers leaving, a field player leaving - tip of the iceberg. Rumor has it a number of players are seeking a landing spots at other clubs. Some have already reached out to other coaches, have gone to private tryouts, been to other practices. It appears that it is starting to catch up with GC. You can only fool people for so long...unless your part of his old Stars team that would follow him into a burning building!
                            GS Does not see a keeper as a value add position....While the keeper is not the only one on the team they are the back bone...Me, I believe in building a team from the back to the front ...GS, not even sure what his thought process is but it has nothing to do with Goal Keepers. I at one time just figured GC was stubborn, now I'm leaning more towards stupid!

Opinion's may vary!

Comment

The 15/16 season for GC was about maxing out rosters and keeping as many players as possible and also keeping those players happy. Happy means playing time. To his credit he has done just that....equal playing time, regardless of the game, score, or anything else. 7 on, 7 off...it's a painful thing to watch (with the exception of his fav's of course!).

So if anyone thinks that GC will change his mentality and start playing to win games and put certain players in supporting roles this spring then they are insane. This is about $$ and keeping as many players as possible to ensure GC can field teams in the fall of 2016. Basically this season is throw away for players and the parents. The girls have learned almost nothing, the practices are a disgrace to soccer, the coaching is all but nonexistent. So if players stay, what will next season's excuse be GC? Tell us oh mighty one? Because up to this point it's being all lies.

Comment

The 15/16 season for GC was about maxing out rosters and keeping as many players as possible and also keeping those players happy. Happy means playing time. To his credit he has done just that....equal playing time, regardless of the game, score, or anything else. 7 on, 7 off...it's a painful thing to watch (with the exception of his fav's of course!).

So if anyone thinks that GC will change his mentality and start playing to win games and put certain players in supporting roles this spring then they are insane. This is about $$ and keeping as many players as possible to ensure GC can field teams in the fall of 2016. Basically this season is throw away for players and the parents. The girls have learned almost nothing, the practices are a disgrace to soccer, the coaching is all but nonexistent. So if players stay, what will next season's excuse be GC? Tell us oh mighty one? Because up to this point it's being all lies.
                                Good post - and spot on...as for the practices, they are a result of the team talent...there are players on NPL teams that are not NPL players. GC is coaching to the middle of the talent set. Painful for the top players, ok for the mid-level player, and still a challenge for the bottom of the roster. The interesting thing is that you would have though he would want to keep the top players? But I guess that's the purpose of his semi-privates, not to mention the tax-free income.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X