X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Where in CT was the December event?

Thank you for the info already provided. It was very thoughtful.
    Not the OP, and my kid didn't attend, but the December event was at the CT Sportsplex in North Branford.

Comment

Not the OP, and my kid didn't attend, but the December event was at the CT Sportsplex in North Branford.
      Thank you, much appreciated.

Comment

ID camp

I am from CT and my son went to one. First they tell the truth were your kid is at. Plus they give a lot of information for the parents. Were else do you get 16+ college coaches. They swith the groups around so you son is seen by them all. In my case worth the money if you want an unbiased report

Comment

Poster #11 here...I would agree with this last point: the college coaches in attendance are getting paid by EXACT to give an honest eval and have no financial incentive that I'm aware of to provide anything but an objective/unbiased eval - even a negative one; whereas one given by a player's club coach - while helpful in many cases in aligning expectations between coach and player - are at risk of being inherently biased if they want to continue to justify the $ they charge the parents to keep their kid at their club (aka - it's potentially self-indicting to say "I'm worth every penny you're paying me to work with your child, but the harsh truth is that they're average at best despite what you're paying me/the club")

And to confirm another recent post, the event was indeed in North Branford at the CT Sportsplex. I believe the aforementioned event for MA is at Forekicks in Taunton but the website would have the official info.

Comment

Exact ID clinic

Thanks for all of your info. Would like to get an idea of where my U13 daughter fits in or compares to the rest of the 99.9%. My daughter is on a top 15 ranked team on GS (for what it's worth) and scores a lot of her team's goals. I feel she could be on the regional team, but the truth is she's one of many players on the bubble who could replace any of the bottom half of that team. Based on what you've seen at these camps, how do you think a player like my daughter fits into the mix? Would a player like her be over her head, amongst her piers, top half, bottom, etc. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for all of your info. Would like to get an idea of where my U13 daughter fits in or compares to the rest of the 99.9%. My daughter is on a top 15 ranked team on GS (for what it's worth) and scores a lot of her team's goals. I feel she could be on the regional team, but the truth is she's one of many players on the bubble who could replace any of the bottom half of that team. Based on what you've seen at these camps, how do you think a player like my daughter fits into the mix? Would a player like her be over her head, amongst her piers, top half, bottom, etc. Thanks!
              Tough to give a real answer to your obviously fake question. Is she big or small, fast or slow? How's her first touch? How's her field vision? What's her effort like? Does the ball go in more than it sails wide? Is she playing more for you or more for herself? How fat is your wallet and how much of it are you willing to part with to find out that she's a probably scholarship prospect at a bottom tier D1 or even a D2 program? You could always save your money and send her to some NESCAC to justify everything your doing with club soccer. That's what most people asking this sort of question end up doing.

Comment

Wow, you're a real douche bag.

Comment

U13? If you're legit she's too young for this thread to be relevant. Have her try out for better teams than what she's on now. Have her try out ODP this summer to see where she fits it. You'll probably find she's exactly where she should be.

Be careful what you wish for - sitting on the bench on an A team is worse than being a starter/leader on a B team

Comment

You feel she could be on the region 1 team but what did the ODP staff think? Does she have the intangibles (speed, size, vision) to separate herself from the pack or is she a dime a dozen player that club soccer spits out? EXACT is an everage recruiting event for most;y average colleges, look who is going, if your daughter likes any of them go for it, but don't go looking for great training or to be discovered there.

Comment

You feel she could be on the region 1 team but what did the ODP staff think? Does she have the intangibles (speed, size, vision) to separate herself from the pack or is she a dime a dozen player that club soccer spits out? EXACT is an everage recruiting event for most;y average colleges, look who is going, if your daughter likes any of them go for it, but don't go looking for great training or to be discovered there.
                      No one will pay attention to a 12 year old at one of these events. It's for high schoolers

Comment

I understood the reference to regional team to be within his D's club. A top 15 team on GS implies she's playing NEP (maple teams don't have regional teams). I agree with assessment that top 2-3 players in NEP could upgrade lower 2-3 performing players in NPL. Go to the Camp, get some confidence and experience for tryout season. The Gu13 deck is getting reshuffled this spring - dap, birth year, affiliation changes all on top of normal club hopping.

Comment

I understood the reference to regional team to be within his D's club. A top 15 team on GS implies she's playing NEP (maple teams don't have regional teams). I agree with assessment that top 2-3 players in NEP could upgrade lower 2-3 performing players in NPL. Go to the Camp, get some confidence and experience for tryout season. The Gu13 deck is getting reshuffled this spring - dap, birth year, affiliation changes all on top of normal club hopping.
                          Thanks again everyone - much appreciated. She is an 02 (so U13) and all I hear is that colleges look at girls earlier than boys. I'm not saying that she needs to go to Exact, but what is everyone referring to? Being on teams that go to certain tournaments? She is a standout - speed, strength, shot, passing and vision. She's not on their regional team bc we waited too long to move from the small club that she grew out of. By the time we joined the bigger, better club the regional team was already picked. Her team plays against regional teams and she consistently has success beating those backs and scoring. I'm not being a parent who thinks her kid is better than she really is (although pretty much impossible to do), but I'm the first to compare her to the best players I've seen and keep her in perspective. She's got more than enough talent, desire and ability to be there - mainly bad timing up to this point. I think trying out for the better teams is a good idea too, which we plan to do. Just tough to break into those teams if you don't have a great tryout and then are considered equal to most of the players already on the team. Thanks for the recommendations on attending the Camp, which we will do at least for the experience and confidence.

Comment

Thanks again everyone - much appreciated. She is an 02 (so U13) and all I hear is that colleges look at girls earlier than boys. I'm not saying that she needs to go to Exact, but what is everyone referring to? Being on teams that go to certain tournaments? She is a standout - speed, strength, shot, passing and vision. She's not on their regional team bc we waited too long to move from the small club that she grew out of. By the time we joined the bigger, better club the regional team was already picked. Her team plays against regional teams and she consistently has success beating those backs and scoring. I'm not being a parent who thinks her kid is better than she really is (although pretty much impossible to do), but I'm the first to compare her to the best players I've seen and keep her in perspective. She's got more than enough talent, desire and ability to be there - mainly bad timing up to this point. I think trying out for the better teams is a good idea too, which we plan to do. Just tough to break into those teams if you don't have a great tryout and then are considered equal to most of the players already on the team. Thanks for the recommendations on attending the Camp, which we will do at least for the experience and confidence.
                            If she's as good as you think, then contact the coaches at NEFC or Stars and see if you can get them to allow her to practice with their top U13 teams for a few sessions. If she plays with those teams for 3-4 sessions, you'll get a much better read as to whether she can contribute to a top team. The coaches will know (most likely within an hour or so) whether she has the athleticism and skill to be worthy of a spot on one of these teams next fall. With birth year changes and a lot of the shuffling that's sure to come with this age group, there should be plenty of spots open for the best players, even if they're coming from another club. If you're going to do this, though, do it NOW. Do not wait until May-June and try to impress in a tryout with 50 other girls out there on the field.

Don't forget, many coaches will be loyal to their existing players, but are still prone to falling for a flavor-of-the-month new player. It gives your kid a chance.

Comment

If she's as good as you think, then contact the coaches at NEFC or Stars and see if you can get them to allow her to practice with their top U13 teams for a few sessions. If she plays with those teams for 3-4 sessions, you'll get a much better read as to whether she can contribute to a top team. The coaches will know (most likely within an hour or so) whether she has the athleticism and skill to be worthy of a spot on one of these teams next fall. With birth year changes and a lot of the shuffling that's sure to come with this age group, there should be plenty of spots open for the best players, even if they're coming from another club. If you're going to do this, though, do it NOW. Do not wait until May-June and try to impress in a tryout with 50 other girls out there on the field.

Don't forget, many coaches will be loyal to their existing players, but are still prone to falling for a flavor-of-the-month new player. It gives your kid a chance.
                              Great advice! Thanks again!

Comment

I would second this advice. We play for a top team in another age group and have people 'visiting' for practice already. Don't forget, you need to contact the coaches if you are already in NEP, they can't contact you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X