Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    DA the most over hyped lousy league that won't die. Why? Because US soccer is too stubborn to admit it failed. It's just like obamas energy funding. It won't go away m even though all companies filed bankruptcy
    wont die? watch a south Florida united league game and a DA game side by side.... that's why it won die, imagine the games if the DA program didn't try to group as many of the better kids as possible, baseball would be making a come back - haha

Comment

DA the most over hyped lousy league that won't die. Why? Because US soccer is too stubborn to admit it failed. It's just like obamas energy funding. It won't go away m even though all companies filed bankruptcy
      what are you talking about? not perfect, granted, but DA is 4X better than typical fysa club soccer. its not even close.

Comment

what are you talking about? not perfect, granted, but DA is 4X better than typical fysa club soccer. its not even close.
        Not true. My son's team has 2 players that are phenomenal and no doubt could make a DA team. They do not have the means to go to a DA program, both financially and logistically. Believe or not, there are kids out there that don't have access to DA that are good enough play DA. Our team only lost 3 games this year.

Comment

Not true. My son's team has 2 players that are phenomenal and no doubt could make a DA team. They do not have the means to go to a DA program, both financially and logistically. Believe or not, there are kids out there that don't have access to DA that are good enough play DA. Our team only lost 3 games this year.
          Financially is not an excuse, they have hardship scholarships that are available, if they are good enough, as you say, to make the team. Logistically? Did they even check into a carpool, most likely other DA kids are in their area. So, what do they want the DA to come to them. Yes, they would have to put a little bit of effort into it. Maybe they are used to the government handing them everything in life is the problem, sadly, I know many people like that.

Comment

Of course there are excellent players that are not in DA, but that doesn't mean that the kids that are in DA are not excellent themselves. There are legitimate logistical barriers that keep good kids off the teams but as excellent as the two boys you mention are they may be simply just average to above average on a DA roster.

Comment

Of course there are excellent players that are not in DA, but that doesn't mean that the kids that are in DA are not excellent themselves. There are legitimate logistical barriers that keep good kids off the teams but as excellent as the two boys you mention are they may be simply just average to above average on a DA roster.
              I agree I think there is a tendency to under-estimate how good you need to be to get into DA especially in South Florida where there are 2 counties with nearly 5 million people in Broward and Miami and tens of thousands of kids that play soccer as a primary sport. dont know these kids so can't say, but I dont think most parents outside of the DA system appreciate how difficult it is at the higher levels.

Comment

So does anyone within the DA know if the club will dual roster some of the kids during the winter off season?? Wasn't that the original question? A tbu parent said yes , anyone else have any ideas? Thanks

I'm for it , obviously the draw back would be injury but living life as a worry wart ain't living

Comment

So does anyone within the DA know if the club will dual roster some of the kids during the winter off season?? Wasn't that the original question? A tbu parent said yes , anyone else have any ideas? Thanks

I'm for it , obviously the draw back would be injury but living life as a worry wart ain't living
                  why would you even want that? kids need some time to recover.

Comment

Listen, im all for taking a break but taking a break during the middle of the season is un heard of in any country that doesn’t consider soccer a joke. The kids will still be training during December and January , with the exception of the showcase in early December, they don’t have games, if the club dual rosters them , why not… games are fun for the kids… especially easier ones

Comment

Listen, im all for taking a break but taking a break during the middle of the season is un heard of in any country that doesn’t consider soccer a joke. The kids will still be training during December and January , with the exception of the showcase in early December, they don’t have games, if the club dual rosters them , why not… games are fun for the kids… especially easier ones
                      what age group? b/c as they get older, games are very physical. injury risk is real. sounds like you are talking about an 06 or 07?

Comment

My kid's team had a couple of DA kids join our roster for tournaments over the spring. I have nothing against the players, great kids and excellent skills. However, it really affected the way the team played, especially the confidence of the players. The coach is sending a message that the kids aren't good enough to win on their own (what happened to "it's all about development"), and they ended up just trying to get the ball to the two DA players no matter what, rather than making good decisions that might mean playing to one of their usual teammates. Also felt bad for the kids who worked hard all year on the team, then got bumped down to the B team for spring tournaments to make room for the DA players (how is that good development for them?).

My kid will be joining DA next year. We will definitely be thinking up some excuse if asked to play with the lower level team, no matter how "fun" it might be for our player. The club can always bring up a B teamer or even a kid from the younger age group if short on numbers who will benefit much more than my kid would.

Comment

My kid's team had a couple of DA kids join our roster for tournaments over the spring. I have nothing against the players, great kids and excellent skills. However, it really affected the way the team played, especially the confidence of the players. The coach is sending a message that the kids aren't good enough to win on their own (what happened to "it's all about development"), and they ended up just trying to get the ball to the two DA players no matter what, rather than making good decisions that might mean playing to one of their usual teammates. Also felt bad for the kids who worked hard all year on the team, then got bumped down to the B team for spring tournaments to make room for the DA players (how is that good development for them?).

My kid will be joining DA next year. We will definitely be thinking up some excuse if asked to play with the lower level team, no matter how "fun" it might be for our player. The club can always bring up a B teamer or even a kid from the younger age group if short on numbers who will benefit much more than my kid would.
                          In general DA players are not asked to play down and it's typically only at the youngest ages and poorly run clubs that feel the need for ringers. Definitely don't do it if asked for all the reasons you listed.

Comment

I have watched multiple games on YouTube of the Weston DA team playing other DAs and these two kids could play on that team with no problem. They have single parents and multiple siblings. Their parents don't even have transportation. Sometimes there is the will but not the way. To say that the DA kids are all that is out there is delusional, at best.

Comment

I have watched multiple games on YouTube of the Weston DA team playing other DAs and these two kids could play on that team with no problem. They have single parents and multiple siblings. Their parents don't even have transportation. Sometimes there is the will but not the way. To say that the DA kids are all that is out there is delusional, at best.
                              I don't know what age group you are looking at. If you are saying there are a couple of great 06 boys that can't drive to Weston, I believe you. I find it much harder to believe that there are u16s out there that are easily better that Weston DA players. As the other poster said, financial aid is available.

Comment

In general DA players are not asked to play down and it's typically only at the youngest ages and poorly run clubs that feel the need for ringers. Definitely don't do it if asked for all the reasons you listed.
                                I also agree this should not happen. There is no benefit to any of the players involved and it's simply a club move to look better than they are.

Breaks are very beneficial to serious players (physical and mental breaks increase chances of longevity in the game) over the long run of playing soccer, not needed for young kids, but when kids are old enough to be playing DA, they are feeling the mental and physical strains. I disagree with an earlier poster that DA shouldn't take the break.

But coaches of lower teams can be very competitive and sometimes take the game away from their players to bring in higher level players. This is bad form and detrimental to their team. It's cheating and not a true win and the kids know it. This coach lacks character and teaches his players to lack character. The club that supports this also lacks character and harms the future character of the players.

Parents who believe that sports should build character need to speak up against this when it happens. Most clubs fall far short at character building.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X