X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jill Ellis $90k bonus vs Klinsman $500k bonus

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...614-story.html

She should give it back. She'll never win another thing. US had a giant head start over other nations in women's soccer but Ellis gave it up and will forever be looking in the rearview mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      She should give it back. She'll never win another thing. US had a giant head start over other nations in women's soccer but Ellis gave it up and will forever be looking in the rearview mirror.
      Stop.

Only a couple of titles v Kling Boy nada por nada.

Dude parked obscene bucks.

Per title, not even close.

Comment

And what did JK win? The men moved in the right direction under him?

Comment

A bonus isn't about what will happen in the future, it's about what happened in the past. She won, JK didn't even come close, yet she was paid a pittance of what he was. That's bullsh*t (and I don't even like her). Yes the lead on the women's side is narrowing but steps are being taken to improve that (you can debate whether or not it's the right steps). But JE couldn't make all those changes herself. All of USSF had to be on board. JK inherited a program well underway and he did little to improve/change it. In fact he told players if you want to go pro go to Europe, don't stay here.

Comment

Look at the attendance of any women's game to see the (lack of) impact Ellis has truly had on the game. She should not have gotten one cent.

...and Klinsmann was awful so he shouldn't have gotten a dime either. Fans go to men's games because it's just better soccer. A good 16 year old boys club team would beat the USWNT so why spend money watching any women's team? Political correctness just isn't a good enough reason.

Comment

The fact that Klinsmann was massively overpaid has nothing to do with the fact that Ellis was overpaid, too.

Comment

Look at the attendance of any women's game to see the (lack of) impact Ellis has truly had on the game. She should not have gotten one cent.

...and Klinsmann was awful so he shouldn't have gotten a dime either. Fans go to men's games because it's just better soccer. A good 16 year old boys club team would beat the USWNT so why spend money watching any women's team? Political correctness just isn't a good enough reason.
                And yet the women's program earned more money than the men last year!

Comment

And yet the women's program earned more money than the men last year!
                  Whoopie do. It's a women's sport. Nobody cares. At best, it's a minor distraction for the World Cup and Olympics. The other three and three-quarter years, nobody gives a hoot.

Comment

Look I'm no JE fan. But she can't control the popularity ,or lack there of, for women's soccer. She isn't the chief marketing officer for USSF. What she can do, and has done, is bring home wins to hopefully build a fan base for the future. whether or not she can continue remains to be seen, but that isn't what a bonus is based on. It's based on accomplishments not hopeful accomplishments. JK didn't win squat and bailed pretty quickly

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...-world-cup-win

Comment

Look I'm no JE fan. But she can't control the popularity ,or lack there of, for women's soccer. She isn't the chief marketing officer for USSF. What she can do, and has done, is bring home wins to hopefully build a fan base for the future. whether or not she can continue remains to be seen, but that isn't what a bonus is based on. It's based on accomplishments not hopeful accomplishments. JK didn't win squat and bailed pretty quickly

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...-world-cup-win
                      You replied to my post and I'm going to do something at least I've never seen done on this site before.

I was wrong you are right.

Comment

Whoopie do. It's a women's sport. Nobody cares. At best, it's a minor distraction for the World Cup and Olympics. The other three and three-quarter years, nobody gives a hoot.
                        I don't disagree one bit, yet, despite this TREMENDOUS disadvantage, the women made a larger profit than the men last year ..... how could this happen given the HUGE monetary and popularity advantages of the men's side??????

Comment

You replied to my post and I'm going to do something at least I've never seen done on this site before.

I was wrong you are right.
                          lol a real man admits when he's wrong. thanks

Comment

Coaches agree to terms of potential bonuses when they sign contracts; Ellis was hired in May 2014. After winning the 2015 championship, she signed a new deal with the federation, running through the 2019 World Cup in France. Salary and bonus details were not disclosed.

Ellis' bonus was 42% or her base earnings while Klinsmann was 18%

but the men's tournament generates substantially more revenue than the women's competition. That money is subsequently passed along to participating federations by FIFA, soccer's global governing body.

The 2015 women's champion (United States) received $2 million, while the 2014 men's winner (Germany) got $35 million. For advancing to the knockout stage, the U.S. men earned $9 million. Much of that money is distributed among the players. The USSF has been pushing FIFA to increase women's earnings in future World Cups.

In general, the U.S. men and women have different salary structures: The men have contracts with individual pro teams and are compensated by the USSF for national team work only, while most of the women are paid by the federation to play in the NWSL and for the national team. (An exception is Crystal Dunn, who left the NWSL for English club Chelsea this winter and receives a prorated salary for national team duty.)

Comment

I don't disagree one bit, yet, despite this TREMENDOUS disadvantage, the women made a larger profit than the men last year ..... how could this happen given the HUGE monetary and popularity advantages of the men's side??????
                              It was a World Cup year for the women. A World Cup year is vastly more profitable

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X