X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 girls fciac soccer

Who are the preseason favorites?
    I am going with st joes and brien McMahon as the finals game. St joes will be downright nasty this year. That finals game would feature the two best players in the fciac.
    If rumors are true and westhill got rid of thier long time coach, then maybe they finally win some important games and make the semis with Wilton being another semi finals squad as they move another year away from the disaster they had under the chick coach.

Most disappointing team will be the children of the corn rows from staples.

Danbury will slip down and become one of the bottom feeders along with trinity and bridgeport.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am going with st joes and brien McMahon as the finals game. St joes will be downright nasty this year. That finals game would feature the two best players in the fciac.
    If rumors are true and westhill got rid of thier long time coach, then maybe they finally win some important games and make the semis with Wilton being another semi finals squad as they move another year away from the disaster they had under the chick coach.

Danbury will slip down and become one of the bottom feeders along with trinity and bridgeport.
    St joes should make room in the trophy case for the fciac trophy. They won't win the state, but they will crush all fciac teams during regular season.

They don't really lose anyone they can't replace and that is before the annual influx of talent. All of the best teams from the prior yr lost a bunch of talent.....staples, westhill, ridgefield

Comment

Chick coach? You're either trying to be The Fonz or you are a complete d-bag. I'm thinking it's the second one. I feel bad for your daughter. She's more than a chick.

Comment

Trumbull should suck too....I should say, they should suck more than they have the past couple of years

Comment

Isn't next fall 2017? Or did I fall asleep for a year?

Comment

Isn't next fall 2017? Or did I fall asleep for a year?
            Good point. St joes will win in 2017 and 2018....there, I fixed it for him

Comment

Good point. St joes will win in 2017 and 2018....there, I fixed it for him
              Honestly, send the Catholic schools to their own league and let's end the madness. The whole St Joe's thing is pretty boring. Go play Choate, Taft. Etc.

It's a disgrace that the public High schools in CT have deal with private schools that can cherry pick players. Let's be honest, if your school is in Trumbull and you can find kids from CFCU or Yankee, it's pretty much lock and load.

Comment

Wilton lost a top returning player to NYSC DA. Who is going to score the goals for St. Joes with LS gone? Staples has enough talent to make the semis

Comment

St joes sure lock to win Class L this year again. Who is even going to be in a game with them in class L

Comment

Wilton lost a top returning player to NYSC DA. Who is going to score the goals for St. Joes with LS gone? Staples has enough talent to make the semis
                    St joes has been forcing it into LS. She scored a lot vs the poorer defenses in the league, but couldn't score against the better ones. She will be missed, because she drew defenders, but st joes has plenty of scoring options. I agree that they have so much more talent than the rest of the teams in the league that they could go undefeated in regular season.

As for staples, I agree, they still have talent They lost a player to injury last year who had a lot of talent and were not the same team after that. Resorted to being more physical and goonish. They were good at that. They lost two of the goons, so perhaps they become more of a soccer team.

New Canaan and Ridgefield should be good too. NC a little better than last year and Ridgefield a little worse, but still good enough to make noise. Darien will still be hanging around with thier tall athletes although they lost thier best one. Westhill with the two strong juniors should be ok. They did lose the gazelle, but she disappeared vs tough defenses and had too many lost possessions. Wilton should be well coached and has enough to make top 8. upshot McMahon will break into top 8. Warde falls out as does Trumbull.

Comment

Honestly, send the Catholic schools to their own league and let's end the madness. The whole St Joe's thing is pretty boring. Go play Choate, Taft. Etc.

It's a disgrace that the public High schools in CT have deal with private schools that can cherry pick players. Let's be honest, if your school is in Trumbull and you can find kids from CFCU or Yankee, it's pretty much lock and load.
                      Complain all you want but there isn't anything you can do about it. Not all Catholic schools are that good either. A few others are guaranteed wins every year.

not at StJ

Comment

Complain all you want but there isn't anything you can do about it. Not all Catholic schools are that good either. A few others are guaranteed wins every year.

not at StJ
                        True not all Catholic schools are that good. Except there is something they can do about it... commitment to winning. If your HS team isn't already meeting and running together regularly, you are already behind. Wake up, quit complaining and do something about it. Want to beat the best....train like it.
                        No more excuses.

Comment

St joes has been forcing it into LS. She scored a lot vs the poorer defenses in the league, but couldn't score against the better ones. She will be missed, because she drew defenders, but st joes has plenty of scoring options. I agree that they have so much more talent than the rest of the teams in the league that they could go undefeated in regular season.

As for staples, I agree, they still have talent They lost a player to injury last year who had a lot of talent and were not the same team after that. Resorted to being more physical and goonish. They were good at that. They lost two of the goons, so perhaps they become more of a soccer team.

New Canaan and Ridgefield should be good too. NC a little better than last year and Ridgefield a little worse, but still good enough to make noise. Darien will still be hanging around with thier tall athletes although they lost thier best one. Westhill with the two strong juniors should be ok. They did lose the gazelle, but she disappeared vs tough defenses and had too many lost possessions. Wilton should be well coached and has enough to make top 8. upshot McMahon will break into top 8. Warde falls out as does Trumbull.

I know a little bi about a lot of these teams and from what I know, the above assessment is very accurate. Well done.

Comment

Thanks for your approval dikhed

Comment

Thanks for your approval dikhed
                              I wrote the original post....I didn't write this disrespectful one

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X