Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fspl or npl - which league is your better team joining?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's always been round of 16
    Check out the state cup seeding rules - oh wait, FYSA removed it from the web site.

Comment

Check out the state cup seeding rules - oh wait, FYSA removed it from the web site.
      I FOUND IT! It is Round of 8, Round of 16 only get a point for playing FSPL:
      https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/ass...%20Seeding.pdf

Comment

at our club, the teams will play, in order
        1- ECNL
        2 - FSPL
        3 -NPL

wonder if we got 2 and 3 backwards, and that NPL has surpassed FSPL this year. The lack of interest in FSPL makes me think they did.
        They have to fill a spot in each age for ECNL and NPL. If they have 3 teams then the 2nd team will play FSPL (if earned), if only have 2 teams in any age group than they can't put a team in FSPL even if earned and the 2nd team will play NPL.

Comment

if your main reason for choosing which league to play in is because you get a buy in state cup at the end of the year, your team is average to begin with then. you should be worried about the competition you are facing for the eight months leading up to state cup, and if that means having to win one or two games in round one of state cup then so be it
          OMG it's bye....B Y E!

Comment

OMG it's bye....B Y E!
            OMG it's L I F E, find yours

Comment

I FOUND IT! It is Round of 8, Round of 16 only get a point for playing FSPL:
              https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/ass...%20Seeding.pdf
              So if you get a point vs teams that don't have any points- the team is seeded. Therefore will get a bye into second round.

Comment

So if you get a point vs teams that don't have any points- the team is seeded. Therefore will get a bye into second round.
                If you reached the Round of 16 but don't play Fspl you get zero seeding points and play Round 1 of State Cup, unless you win a FYSA sanctioned league. Then, you get one point and a bye into Round 2.

Capice?

Comment

If you reached the Round of 16 but don't play Fspl you get zero seeding points and play Round 1 of State Cup, unless you win a FYSA sanctioned league. Then, you get one point and a bye into Round 2.

Capice?
                  They may have to reconsider the part in bold because it's looking increasingly likely that FSPL won't even exist for 2017-2018. Nice work, FYSA.

Comment

OMG it's L I F E, find yours
                    B Y E, you get seeding points for state cup many different ways, it's nearly impossible not to get at least one point unless your team is playing in the lowest possible league and doesn't finish in 1st place, and in that case your team shouldn't even be playing in state cup. Most seeded teams will get a bye, only a few teams will play in round one. All teams in Every age group that doesn't have more than 32 teams playing in state cup will get a BYE into second round.

I undestand that this may be above your thick skull.

Comment

I have not heard any factual information on why a team should choose to play NPL over FSPL. I would rather take the state cup buy and play FSPL. Playing NPL you have to play two leagues. Why do this to your players? Minimize your chances of injury to your players and choose something that makes sense.

Comment

I have not heard any factual information on why a team should choose to play NPL over FSPL. I would rather take the state cup buy and play FSPL. Playing NPL you have to play two leagues. Why do this to your players? Minimize your chances of injury to your players and choose something that makes sense.
                        level of competition

Comment

level of competition
                          that is not factual that is debateable. comp is not better

Comment

that is not factual that is debateable. comp is not better
                            It will be this year when FYSA fills the massive number of FSPL slots with State Cup Round 1 and Round 2 patsy teams.

Comment

It will be this year when FYSA fills the massive number of FSPL slots with State Cup Round 1 and Round 2 patsy teams.
                              Another debatable answer. Cmon, give me something that shows me that NPL has more to offer than FSPL.

Comment

Not sure about other age groups, but I checked NPL/FPL and FSPL standings for this past season for my daughter's age group (U17-2000 last season), and they don't look very different.

NPL/FPL had 11 teams, they played 10 games, there were 5 teams with winning records, 6 with losing records, including five teams with just 1 or 2 wins total.

FSPL had 16 teams, they played 15 games, there were 7 teams with winning records, 1 team 5-5-5, and 8 with losing records, including five teams with 0-2 wins total.

In conclusion, both leagues had very strong teams at the top, some very competitive games, some not-so-competitive games.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X