Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You're overreacting. You sound like a parent who thinks their daughter is better than she is. The OP is correct. Turn them down and move on. But they really don't care. Other than maybe 2-3 kids in an age group, the rest are replaceable. Get over yourself if you think they're going to be crushed if your daughter leaves. They'll probably miss her but be overjoyed to not have to deal with you.
    This is an important lesson parents need to learn. We'd like to think they really care about our kids because they're OUR kids. Cold hard reality is not many do. Life isn't a Disney movie. Same with babysitters or teachers. It's s job to most, so when you find the good ones try to hold on to them.

Comment

Declining an offer from a club

You're overreacting. You sound like a parent who thinks their daughter is better than she is. The OP is correct. Turn them down and move on. But they really don't care. Other than maybe 2-3 kids in an age group, the rest are replaceable. Get over yourself if you think they're going to be crushed if your daughter leaves. They'll probably miss her but be overjoyed to not have to deal with you.
      Moron, this has nothing to do with MY kid. That is the problem with you idiots on here, you take every comment and then go in a different direction. My comment was simply about the callousness of the coach. Nothing to do with my, kid, your kid, or any specific kid. Yet you turn it into an attack on me? Another TS moron. Focus on the point, which is the coach that posted is an arsehole. That is it, nothing else.

Comment

Moron, this has nothing to do with MY kid. That is the problem with you idiots on here, you take every comment and then go in a different direction. My comment was simply about the callousness of the coach. Nothing to do with my, kid, your kid, or any specific kid. Yet you turn it into an attack on me? Another TS moron. Focus on the point, which is the coach that posted is an arsehole. That is it, nothing else.
        Read prior posts 30 and 31. You seem to be the only one upset by it

Comment

Read prior posts 30 and 31. You seem to be the only one upset by it
          1. They were not MY posts. 2. Again, only idiots like you can take a point and completely twist it. Typical TS morons. The point was simple, and it had nothing to do with me personally, but the COACH who posted the original comment made a callous comment. It's fine, I get that is how they think and it is sad. But don't actually post a comment like that. And for you to defend it and try to change the focus to ME vs the coach who posted the comment proves you are an idiot. You are everything that is wrong with youth sports. You and the other drones on here who think their kids are wonderful.

Next time focus on the actual comment and the point of it, not an ignorant retort. Nobody needs your psycho analysis of how the world works.

Comment

1. They were not MY posts. 2. Again, only idiots like you can take a point and completely twist it. Typical TS morons. The point was simple, and it had nothing to do with me personally, but the COACH who posted the original comment made a callous comment. It's fine, I get that is how they think and it is sad. But don't actually post a comment like that. And for you to defend it and try to change the focus to ME vs the coach who posted the comment proves you are an idiot. You are everything that is wrong with youth sports. You and the other drones on here who think their kids are wonderful.

Next time focus on the actual comment and the point of it, not an ignorant retort. Nobody needs your psycho analysis of how the world works.
            Overreact much? Lol. Good lord, man. Relax. First of all, you don't know it was a coach. Could have been literally anyone. Secondly, how is it callous? The person just said to let them know so you can both move on. Should the coach burst into tears when you break the news? Sob uncontrollably? Beg you to stay? I'm sure they care but I'm also sure they only want people that want to be on their team, so adios. That's not callous. That's common sense. Callous would be your wife sleeping with the Gardner and then telling you tough cookies when you confronted her.

Comment

New to thread so I had to go back and see what initially set you off -

It really doesn't matter. Just say you decline and move on. Email is fine. As a coach it doesn't matter. Just want to know so we can move on to next player
              That was "callous"? Sorry dad but coaches and clubs don't really care and that post was pretty factual. The sooner you adjust to that reality the lower your blood pressure will be.

Signed - a parent who's been in the trenches a long time

Comment

New to thread so I had to go back and see what initially set you off -

That was "callous"? Sorry dad but coaches and clubs don't really care and that post was pretty factual. The sooner you adjust to that reality the lower your blood pressure will be.

Signed - a parent who's been in the trenches a long time
                That's the point dopey, the clubs don't care....yes that is callous. We all know it, but don't right it.......

Comment

Overreact much? Lol. Good lord, man. Relax. First of all, you don't know it was a coach. Could have been literally anyone. Secondly, how is it callous? The person just said to let them know so you can both move on. Should the coach burst into tears when you break the news? Sob uncontrollably? Beg you to stay? I'm sure they care but I'm also sure they only want people that want to be on their team, so adios. That's not callous. That's common sense. Callous would be your wife sleeping with the Gardner and then telling you tough cookies when you confronted her.
                  Idiota, I was going by the post that said "As a coach.....". Maybe it truly wasn't a coach but they said that they were so good enough for me. I swear, you people on here focus on the wrong things. Constantly comparing clubs, putting down kids, now you attack me and my wife? Now my turn, sad that your fat wife and talent-less kid have to deal with a moron like you!! Amazing how a simple comment gets turned around by a jackarse like you. God I would love to beat the ****e out of you......lol. Wait, I will leave that to your fat wife.

Comment

That's the point dopey, the clubs don't care....yes that is callous. We all know it, but don't right it.......
                    Correction write

Comment

Does Procter and Gamble care if you stop buying Tide? No (unless lots of other stop buying as well). It's a business. They'll probably get another customer (if they don't they call the marketing department and chew them out). Why do you think a club should operate differently? Just because it involves children?

Comment

Does Procter and Gamble care if you stop buying Tide? No (unless lots of other stop buying as well). It's a business. They'll probably get another customer (if they don't they call the marketing department and chew them out). Why do you think a club should operate differently? Just because it involves children?
                        I never said they shouldn't. What I specifically said was that it was callous for a coach (they said they were a coach) to actually come on here and put it in writing. We all know it, but have a little class. For example (since everyone here seems to need one), you may not like your boss and probably want to tell him/her where to go but you don't. You suck it up and do your job. The point is we all know it but as a coach have some class to not actually come on a website blog and say that sort of stuff. Honestly, we all know that most of those coaches anyway are garbage so you can talk about "there are other kids they are waiting for" but most of the coaches are crap anyway. So just let it be and go about your business. If a kid declines fine. It is his/her right to do so, just as it is the club/coach's right to pass on kids. Hopefully this will sink into your skulls.

Comment

I never said they shouldn't. What I specifically said was that it was callous for a coach (they said they were a coach) to actually come on here and put it in writing. We all know it, but have a little class. For example (since everyone here seems to need one), you may not like your boss and probably want to tell him/her where to go but you don't. You suck it up and do your job. The point is we all know it but as a coach have some class to not actually come on a website blog and say that sort of stuff. Honestly, we all know that most of those coaches anyway are garbage so you can talk about "there are other kids they are waiting for" but most of the coaches are crap anyway. So just let it be and go about your business. If a kid declines fine. It is his/her right to do so, just as it is the club/coach's right to pass on kids. Hopefully this will sink into your skulls.
                          Curious if everyone knows it then why is it classless

Maybe the coach was a little douchee but he's right in that there will be another player in the departeds place. Knowing that should take some of the emotion and drama out of leaving a team.

Comment

Curious if everyone knows it then why is it classless

Maybe the coach was a little douchee but he's right in that there will be another player in the departeds place. Knowing that should take some of the emotion and drama out of leaving a team.
                            Holy moly coach, you are dumber than I thought. Did I not just explain it WITH an example. Some things, although known or implied, are better left unsaid. Period. What more do you need to hear to understand the point. Man you are an f'in moron. And if you think a coach coming on here, coach, and saying what that supposed coach said is OK then you are a coach I would NEVER want my kid playing for. And AGAIN so you understand, none is this is specific to MY kid. It was a simple point that some things are better left unsaid. Get a damn clue.....

Comment

Holy moly coach, you are dumber than I thought. Did I not just explain it WITH an example. Some things, although known or implied, are better left unsaid. Period. What more do you need to hear to understand the point. Man you are an f'in moron. And if you think a coach coming on here, coach, and saying what that supposed coach said is OK then you are a coach I would NEVER want my kid playing for. And AGAIN so you understand, none is this is specific to MY kid. It was a simple point that some things are better left unsaid. Get a damn clue.....
                              It wasnt a coach. In fact the coach was called douchee

I was almost on your side but frankly you persuaded me that you are the real douche

You doth protest too much skippy

Comment

It wasnt a coach. In fact the coach was called douchee

I was almost on your side but frankly you persuaded me that you are the real douche

You doth protest too much skippy
                                Oooh you were ALMOST on my side. Again, another moron focusing on the wrong thing. You my pet are the douche.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X