Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Central Premier Clubs

Looking for a great developmental premier club around Windsor area. It seems like there's something good about every club I've researched.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looking for a great developmental premier club around Windsor area. It seems like there's something good about every club I've researched.
    Not sure which clubs you researched, boys/girls, old/young, etc.. but you could include FSA in that group unless you can't realistically commute there, and OW is not a longer drive and attracts quite a few from that area. More locally, CFC North/Wolves, DFA, and Simmons are in that area and have been around awhile. Not hard to find out when they are practicing.

Comment

Not sure which clubs you researched, boys/girls, old/young, etc.. but you could include FSA in that group unless you can't realistically commute there, and OW is not a longer drive and attracts quite a few from that area. More locally, CFC North/Wolves, DFA, and Simmons are in that area and have been around awhile. Not hard to find out when they are practicing.
      You may look at Sporting as well as the ones listed above. Ultimately, it will depend on the level your kid is at. Good luck.

Comment

Anyone have any positive experiences getting on a different club after the tryouts have passed? My kid was dropped by one of the well known clubs -- its been two years since town soccer so I'm worried they won't add 'outsiders' at their herd tryout. I've thought about emailing DOCs this weekend and try to get on one their final practices.

Comment

Must not have been Cfc, they don't drop anyone, have you ever seen some of their branch teams?

Comment

I'd rather be suicidal and have that girl being prosecuted in Taunton Mass on the list of friends that text me rather than play for CFC North/Wolves or DFA.

Comment

Anyone have any positive experiences getting on a different club after the tryouts have passed? My kid was dropped by one of the well known clubs -- its been two years since town soccer so I'm worried they won't add 'outsiders' at their herd tryout. I've thought about emailing DOCs this weekend and try to get on one their final practices.
              Most clubs that have integrity will invite you to practice. Always the right thing to do

Comment

Not sure how old your child is or what part of the State is convenient for you but in greater Hartford I know FSA State teams have openings, DFA, and CFC Valley. I would email the coach appropriate for your age and ask for a try out. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Comment

I'd rather be suicidal and have that girl being prosecuted in Taunton Mass on the list of friends that text me rather than play for CFC North/Wolves or DFA.
                  Nice.

CFC North/Wolves is a first class operation. DFA, not so much.

Comment

Most clubs that have integrity will invite you to practice. Always the right thing to do
                    That is true. And not all club rosters are full either. Only issue is now it's the end of the season so you might have to wait until early fall to actually get to a practice. But it would be good to get on the phone now, see where might be a good option, establish a connection

Comment

Nice.

CFC North/Wolves is a first class operation. DFA, not so much.
                      Yes Wolves is always a consistently solid CFC branch. No it's not DA or ECNL but if that's an appropriate level for your player it's a very good option

Comment

The clubs researched and experienced their practices are FSA, WUP, FC stars, Simmons, Celtic, Oakwood, and CFC. We may look into Futsal to continue the fast pace and footskill development. I think there's something to learn from every club we looked into. They have their own unique way of developing players but there's always something missing leaving us with the need to supplement outside the club. My kid decided to stay with current club.

Comment

The clubs researched and experienced their practices are FSA, WUP, FC stars, Simmons, Celtic, Oakwood, and CFC. We may look into Futsal to continue the fast pace and footskill development. I think there's something to learn from every club we looked into. They have their own unique way of developing players but there's always something missing leaving us with the need to supplement outside the club. My kid decided to stay with current club.
                          Supplementing is always a good bet - your player can continue to learn new things, meet other coaches he/she likes, check out other clubs etc.

Comment

Supplementing is always a good bet - your player can continue to learn new things, meet other coaches he/she likes, check out other clubs etc.

Keep in mind no club is perfect, however. Most times you have to prioritize and make some compromises.
                            forgot the other part

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X