Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towns should look to submit Rec, Travel, Premier soccer

These days premier should be at least 3 practices a week to develop players. How in the world are you developing a premier player practicing just once a week? Some towns practice more a week than some premier teams. People stop feeding the scam that these premier teams are commiting. They are robbing your money and not giving the appropriate training that your kid should have. CFC is big on scamming all just trying to get your money with little in return. Reason why they switch their uniforms every two years. I think that all towns should have a rec , travel, and premier program for each town. I would put good quality college coachs for town premier. Would also eliminate the so called pop-up premier. Of course this thread will be attacked by all this pop up premier clubs.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    These days premier should be at least 3 practices a week to develop players. How in the world are you developing a premier player practicing just once a week? Some towns practice more a week than some premier teams. People stop feeding the scam that these premier teams are commiting. They are robbing your money and not giving the appropriate training that your kid should have. CFC is big on scamming all just trying to get your money with little in return. Reason why they switch their uniforms every two years. I think that all towns should have a rec , travel, and premier program for each town. I would put good quality college coachs for town premier. Would also eliminate the so called pop-up premier. Of course this thread will be attacked by all this pop up premier clubs.
    Towns have the power to end these so called pop-ups. Hey Cjsa is accepting towns into league play now.

Comment

Lay off the drugs cjsa

Comment

Lay off the drugs cjsa
        And the attacks begin because theses pop-ups have a lot to lose

Comment

And the attacks begin because theses pop-ups have a lot to lose
          Ahh yeah sure. Cjsa has a few guys with their feet up on desk. When cfc leaves cjsa it's over for cjsa having anything to do with premiere.

Comment

There's very good reasons people walk away from town programs - town politics, poor coaching, insufficient training and competition for what some players want and need. True not everyone should play premier and there are some bad clubs out there calling themselves premier. Buy its a free market - families can leave if dissatisfied and pick other options; clubs that don't deliver don't last.

As a minor or note most clubs change uniforms every two years because they get worn out and kids grow. It's the least of the issues facing youth soccer at present

Comment

Sorry for being new - what's a pop up (aside from a camper) ?

Comment

Kind of like morning wood

Comment

Small club that pops up out of nowhere, might have a few teams, coaches with questionable credentials, often aspirations bigger than their business or soccer savvy. Most don't survive long, but some new clubs turn into something strong and lasting.

Comment

See celtic

Comment

Small club that pops up out of nowhere, might have a few teams, coaches with questionable credentials, often aspirations bigger than their business or soccer savvy. Most don't survive long, but some new clubs turn into something strong and lasting.
                      None do. None turn into anything lasting. Popups suck the life out of youth soccer.

Comment

None do. None turn into anything lasting. Popups suck the life out of youth soccer.
                        Ginga, Sporting, Rush, Revolution, AC CT - all relatively new and still doing well. How about CFC branch #226? How many CFC branches have come and gone in the last few years? How many older clubs are on life support/have very few teams?

The landscape keeps changing. New clubs will come and go; so will old clubs. The ones that don't deliver any longer won't survive. It's too cut throat a market.

Comment

Ginga, Sporting, Rush, Revolution, AC CT - all relatively new and still doing well. How about CFC branch #226? How many CFC branches have come and gone in the last few years? How many older clubs are on life support/have very few teams?

The landscape keeps changing. New clubs will come and go; so will old clubs. The ones that don't deliver any longer won't survive. It's too cut throat a market.
                          Soccer darwinism is important. Let the lazy short beaked finches phase out. All this talk of big three and no one talks about where these kids come from. I can name 7 kids that started with a daddy coach that are now at 02 and 03 big three. Lots of these coaches left town to try it on their own, or are still at a smaller program, etc because they 'get it'. Not everything is for money. My daughter owes her success to the really good daddy coach that built her love and understanding of the game. We have to stop with the finger pointing and get behind all those that do a ton without alot of pay or fanfare. That's where we grow future stars.

Comment

Soccer darwinism is important. Let the lazy short beaked finches phase out. All this talk of big three and no one talks about where these kids come from. I can name 7 kids that started with a daddy coach that are now at 02 and 03 big three. Lots of these coaches left town to try it on their own, or are still at a smaller program, etc because they 'get it'. Not everything is for money. My daughter owes her success to the really good daddy coach that built her love and understanding of the game. We have to stop with the finger pointing and get behind all those that do a ton without alot of pay or fanfare. That's where we grow future stars.
                            I agree. If you were trying to map it out for someone with say a 7 year old its a bit tricky. First off, everyone is looking to get into your pocket when the kids are young.

The kids that I know that are very successful HS age players were all on the ball a ton when they were kids. They had someone teaching them the skills but the kids themselves then had the desire to work on them in the yard and try to implement in a game setting. When they failed they kept trying until they succeeded and had coaches that allowed them to do that.

The club stuff really doesn't come into play until 13 years old. If a serious player is going to make a run being one of the best at their age, it means coming out of their comfort zone and learning to compete. Being a star on a town team of local premier club doesn't develop players. The top players make sacrifices both physically and socially to achieve their goals.

Comment

Origin of the species and natural selection showed that the short brakes finches did better in some locations than the longer billed finches. Their stronger beaks could break open nuts or shells and they prospered in these places while longer billed finches did better in places where their bills might be able to get insects hidden in trees or rocks . much like that different clubs could cater to different sets of kids with different needs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X