Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No, we heard it from our DOC based upon a conversation he participated in with FYSA officials. No formal notice was sent and the DOC's take on it is that they are avoiding sending that type of notice out intentionally. The DOC's discussion with parents in the age group was along the lines of, "FYSA does not want to makes this official yet but . . . " the upshot was that we probably won't have a league for our age group, the DOC has no suggestions, and *** do we do now? Basically trying to get the parents ready to find another league or another club. FYSA has really screwed the players on this one.
    Simply put there just aren't enough teams who are prepared to travel the State to play league soccer . The big 12 clubs have all moved to DA ECNL or NPL .Better hurry up and apply for your local league .

Comment

Simply put there just aren't enough teams who are prepared to travel the State to play league soccer . The big 12 clubs have all moved to DA ECNL or NPL .Better hurry up and apply for your local league .
      there is a cost associated with this type of travel. many parents do not understand it until they have to write the checks. your kid needs to be a good player for it to be worth the investment. if you are a parent willing to make the sacrifice and investment, you need to find 17 other like minded individuals with kids of same age in your crazy club for it to work for you. Which is why most parents that want to travel in a competitive, state-wide league are already at one of the big 12s.

Comment

We were surprised when we were accepted since our team did not get into the round of 16. It seemed like a long shot but our coach said it was worth a shot. Are you saying now that there will not be a league this year?

Comment

NO! You are wrong. The travel has NOTHING to do with it. FYSA screwed the pooch with their rigid NO RESCHEDULING policy. FSPL had too many dates conflict with top college showcases, which forced the senior teams to bail. This is a TOTALLY self-inflicted wound by the arrogant nincompoops at FYSA.

Comment

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
            NO! You are wrong. The travel has NOTHING to do with it. FYSA screwed the pooch with their rigid NO RESCHEDULING policy. FSPL had too many dates conflict with top college showcases, which forced the senior teams to bail. This is a TOTALLY self-inflicted wound by the arrogant nincompoops at FYSA.
            Are you going start with THE ALL CAPS and blue writing on every thread now! We get that your passionate....

Comment

Are you going start with THE ALL CAPS and blue writing on every thread now! We get that your passionate....
              The concept of "all caps" must escape you. I use caps for emphasis.

IF I WERE GOING TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS, THEN EVERY WORD THAT I WROTE WOULD HAVE TO BE IN ALL CAPS.

Comment

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
                Let's just say I disagree with you .
                This season we have GDA and ECNL for boys starting up . Along with NPL adding 4 new clubs it was inevitable FSPL would struggle to attract quality teams . The whole showcase conflict may have frightened off a couple more , although it does appear you are only one SHOUTING about that .
                Now you can stamp your feet and holler at FYSA but ain't going to do any good if there just are not enough teams to play .

Comment

Let's just say I disagree with you .
                  This season we have GDA and ECNL for boys starting up . Along with NPL adding 4 new clubs it was inevitable FSPL would struggle to attract quality teams . The whole showcase conflict may have frightened off a couple more , although it does appear you are only one SHOUTING about that .
                  Now you can stamp your feet and holler at FYSA but ain't going to do any good if there just are not enough teams to play .
                  Now you've done it. He's about to go ALL CAPS!!! on you.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                    now you've done it. He's about to go all caps!!! On you.
                    hahahahahahaha!

Comment

Also on the boys side doesn't SRPL conflict with FSPL. Both are in the fall for U14 up. Got to take some steam away from FSPL.

Comment

When is the GDA showcase?

Comment

Our strong showing in USA league last year has earned us the invite!!! Super excited!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                            our strong showing in usa league last year has earned us the invite!!! Super excited!!!!
                            😂😂😂😂
                            lol !!!

Comment

I know for a fact that there will be a season of FSPL this year. Spoke with the Communications Director, Jared White, this afternoon and did inform me that the league will happen. Give him a call at 8632688220. Really nice guy and walked me through everything.

Comment

I know for a fact that there will be a season of FSPL this year. Spoke with the Communications Director, Jared White, this afternoon and did inform me that the league will happen. Give him a call at 8632688220. Really nice guy and walked me through everything.
                                Did he say when all the teams will be announced?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X