Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I posted the comment you are responding to here and I have no kids at any of these clubs. I just coach. I do not coach for any of these "super" clubs, so I believe I offer an impartial perspective.

None of this ever mattered, except to those selling their club, naive parents or those trying to "feel good" about this significant financial investment.

The lunacy from those who post here in support of FSA, CFC, Oakwood, Yankee, Sporting is pretty much indistinguishable from one another. Like politicians, you fabricate proofs to support your bias. You invent points of club competition to validate your hollow conclusions. You thrive on alternative facts.

It's really a shame. You do nothing to really help your club here and take any meaningful soccer dialogue and reduce it to club lampooning and chest pounding.
    The voice of sanity and reason!!

Completely agree, the boasting about one club vs another is indistinguishable, and all those posters just look like jerks.

Comment

OW can't field 3 teams per age group if they wanted to. Not enough population on that side of the river nor do they have the coaching staff to support it. If FSA was a pure money grab they would have the highest priced ECNL rosters of 22-25 like CFC does but FSA's are much smaller.
      Rosters may be smaller but they have more teams and charge more. Probably washes out in the end. However, I think the original poster is correct. The area they draw from is too small to field multiple competitive teams in an age group.

Comment

OW can't field 3 teams per age group if they wanted to. Not enough population on that side of the river nor do they have the coaching staff to support it. If FSA was a pure money grab they would have the highest priced ECNL rosters of 22-25 like CFC does but FSA's are much smaller.
        That's because they can make more fielding entire B and C teams than just adding a few extra A team players. See how that works?

Comment

I actually don't think the S+ staff is the problem. They have some very good coaches. Always have. The problem is what you touch on. FSA is a money grab. The people that own it aren't soccer people and are looking only at the bottom line. That's why they have three teams in an age group and train less than other clubs. It maximizes profit in the short run, but hurts the club in the long run. Too many teams opens the door for more complaints. What should happen is the S+ coaches should leave and join forces with CFC or OW. If that happened, FSA would be sitting on its wonderful facility and watch it collect cobwebs.
          Thanks Mick, Mike, Avi, Erin, and Ciara!

Comment

Rosters may be smaller but they have more teams and charge more. Probably washes out in the end. However, I think the original poster is correct. The area they draw from is too small to field multiple competitive teams in an age group.
            I would agree with that but in general that's the problem with the whole state. Too many clubs that dilute competitive teams. This state should have a maximum of two top clubs. One more East and one West. Ideally FSA/OW should be one and Beachside should not exist.

Comment

Just looked at the CFC ECNL team postings. 3 current Oakwood girls on there.

Not quite the mass exodus all you antagonists were predicting eh?
              Are the three top of the roster type kids? Losing 3 of your impact players makes a team much less successful. I don't care about other kids "stepping up" or whatever, most teams rely on 3 kids or so for success. Lose those three and tank...

Comment

Are the three top of the roster type kids? Losing 3 of your impact players makes a team much less successful. I don't care about other kids "stepping up" or whatever, most teams rely on 3 kids or so for success. Lose those three and tank...
                Pogba to Man U and now where is Juve?

Big reach there bro.

Comment

I would agree with that but in general that's the problem with the whole state. Too many clubs that dilute competitive teams. This state should have a maximum of two top clubs. One more East and one West. Ideally FSA/OW should be one and Beachside should not exist.
                  In this day and age of multiple competiting leagues therr is no governing body. It's a free for all/survival of the fittest situation

Comment

That's because they can make more fielding entire B and C teams than just adding a few extra A team players. See how that works?
                    Good point. It is about maximizing revenue to cover the high fixed cost of their facility. If they have open hours in the day and empty field space then they have the capacity to add more teams.

Comment

Big reach there bro.
                      Stupidest comment I've read all day. Professional teams have just a *bit* more depth in their roster than American youth teams.

Comment

Big reach there bro.
                        Ow won't miss the kids or loudmouth mom

Comment

Ow won't miss the kids or loudmouth mom
                          Looks like Oakwood lost one family and FSA took down their rosters to hide the blood loss from TS enthusiasts but I see they lost their keeper for sure.

Comment

I actually don't think the S+ staff is the problem. They have some very good coaches. Always have. The problem is what you touch on. FSA is a money grab. The people that own it aren't soccer people and are looking only at the bottom line. That's why they have three teams in an age group and train less than other clubs. It maximizes profit in the short run, but hurts the club in the long run. Too many teams opens the door for more complaints. What should happen is the S+ coaches should leave and join forces with CFC or OW. If that happened, FSA would be sitting on its wonderful facility and watch it collect cobwebs.
                            EF, CC and MD are not very good coaches.

Comment

I disagree. Sure, all clubs look to make money, but not to the extent of FSA. OW doesn't have 2 or 3 teams per age group, although with the GDAP will be adding three additional teams. CFC has multiple teams in an age group but it is from the entire state and not just the Farmington Valley. That's the problem. FSA is too big for the area they draw from and it makes them look poor. It takes the focus off their good teams when they have so many awful ones. IMO, they should field only one team per age group or maybe just an ECNL and then a state team that plays weak competition. Narrow their focus. They won't do that bc they have bills to pay, but it's what they should do if they want to improve on the field and in perception.
                              FSA should do two teams per age group with movement between the two teams being performance based. That would make it more of a legitimate club.

Comment

Looks like Oakwood lost one family and FSA took down their rosters to hide the blood loss from TS enthusiasts but I see they lost their keeper for sure.
                                How many FSA kids ended up at CFC?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X